[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

NBA's Minor League
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
12/12/2001  9:30 PM
For the NBA's minor league system, how does it work? Players who don't make it can play there and then teams just sign them? And if they have a minor league, how come they don't add an age limit, it would be so nice to have an NBA Draft with players picked based on talent, not potential. And players coming into the league who made quick impacts.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
12/13/2001  12:27 AM
I believe they had a draft for the NBA Developmental league.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
MCfan23
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #114
USA
12/13/2001  3:47 PM
Posted by BigSm00th:

For the NBA's minor league system, how does it work?

Ok, I have limited knowledge concerning the NBDL, but I'll share it with you anyways. The league is basically for the guys that have been passed up by the teams in the NBA. The minimum player age is 20. None of the teams are actually connected to any specific NBA teams, but all of the NBDL players are eligible for the NBA if they are wanted. Hall of famers Alex English and Nate Archibald are coaching in the NBDL. The Nuggets recently signed up forward Chris Anderson...and with Issel on his way out pretty soon, they may be looking to call up one of the development league's coaches too!
We suck.
NBA's Minor League

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy