[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gone are the days of watching low IQ players
Author Thread
Knicks1969
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5915

10/12/2015  12:29 AM
Cartman718 wrote:vujacic did not look like a low IQ player. i didn't see him take any shots where he wasn't wide open. and he passed willingly. i dont think early deserves a spot honestly, although he does look to be in really good shape. but i really feel he does not have anything better than a slightly better jump shot than thanassis... and thanassis defense is way better.

I think it is a little too early to give up on those kids. But if the right deal present itself, please pull the trigger

Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/12/2015  11:39 AM
Knicks1969 wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:vujacic did not look like a low IQ player. i didn't see him take any shots where he wasn't wide open. and he passed willingly. i dont think early deserves a spot honestly, although he does look to be in really good shape. but i really feel he does not have anything better than a slightly better jump shot than thanassis... and thanassis defense is way better.

I think it is a little too early to give up on those kids. But if the right deal present itself, please pull the trigger

I am confused about anyone who can make definitive calls on thanassis or early; thanassis played in D-League last year and outside of Crush, I don't recall anyone watching him consistently. Early has barely gotten minutes.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/12/2015  12:25 PM
martin wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

I am confused about anyone who can make definitive calls on thanassis or early; thanassis played in D-League last year and outside of Crush, I don't recall anyone watching him consistently. Early has barely gotten minutes.

well that's the point isn't it... early is not going to get consistent mins with the logjam at forward. and thanassis doesn't need consistent mins to produce on defense.

what does early do with his inconsistent mins?
at this point, wouldn't you agree that thanassis is showing more on the floor than early? dont want to make it about thanassis vs early, but i'd rather keep the defense oriented guy.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/12/2015  12:39 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

well that's the point isn't it... early is not going to get consistent mins with the logjam at forward. and thanassis doesn't need consistent mins to produce on defense.

at this point, wouldn't you agree that thanassis is showing more on the floor than early? dont want to make it about thanassis vs early, but i'd rather keep the defense oriented guy.

I'd rather have BOTH. Early is a cheap insurance policy against injury. He has talent and has shown dedication to his craft over the summer. He's good with a faster pace. He's in a tough spot cuz the minutes aren't there to really have a chance to shine. Thanasis is in an even tougher spot. He brings GREAT defensive energy, which is great, but at the same time he's very limited offensively. Both are going to be getting in a lot of work in practice over the season and hopefully they can perform if and when they get their chance. All they can do is watch and learn and try to be ready when they get called.
martin
USA
10/12/2015  12:48 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

thanassis hasn't played, like, at ALL. 3 minutes this preseason. Early has gotten 30+.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/12/2015  12:50 PM
Early has tremendous body control going to the hoop. The league is an offensive league right now and this kid has lots of offensive potential. He needs to become a consistent shooter but I like the other parts of his game. He also seems like a smart player even though it may look that way at times.

Way (WAY!) to early to judge this kid. Lets stop being so impatient.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/12/2015  1:05 PM
mreinman wrote:Early has tremendous body control going to the hoop. The league is an offensive league right now and this kid has lots of offensive potential. He needs to become a consistent shooter but I like the other parts of his game. He also seems like a smart player even though it may look that way at times.

Way (WAY!) to early to judge this kid. Lets stop being so impatient.

Right now Early is more versatile than Thanasis offensively. The Knicks know Thanasis is somewhat raw and will continue to develop the kid. It's good for him to be up with the big team and practicing with them. Both guys are high energy players which we need going forward. I like both players talent level and you have to be developing guys for the future.
Cartman718

10/12/2015  1:09 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

thanassis hasn't played, like, at ALL. 3 minutes this preseason. Early has gotten 30+.

i think you are making my point, or am i being prejudiced in what i see from early vs thanassis.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
martin
USA
10/12/2015  1:14 PM
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

i think you are making my point, or am i being prejudiced in what i see from early vs thanassis.

I am wondering how you can judge thanassis at all, he hasn't played.

Cartman718

10/12/2015  2:12 PM
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
martin wrote:
Knicks1969 wrote:

I am wondering how you can judge thanassis at all, he hasn't played.

i saw the summer league games, last year's dleague games, and the few mins he played this preseason. liked what i saw in effort and potential. seen more games and minutes from early reflecting his inconistency.

Gone are the days of watching low IQ players

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy