Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/10/2015  11:20 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I dont care if he is happy or not. As long as the knicks progress well this year then im happy

A lot of posters spent the off season speculating he wasn't happy. Obviously that isn't the case and the team seems to be united and to have benefitted from the workouts Melo organized.
again who cares. If he is happy thats great. As long as he buys in and everyone goes well thats all that matters

He bought in when he signed his deal. All the speculation, assumptions,etc. this past offseason were over the top. A 13 page thread criticizing a guy that was on vacation with his family when he was off the clock was ridiculous. A 13 page thread speculating on what message Phil Jackson was sending to Melo was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in sports media.

Why do you continue to bring this up? You are just opening up a can of worms. You're basically insinuating that multiple reporters made stuff up, and I'm not talking about opinion writers like Berman, or your favorite...Araton. You are even discounting many of the things Jackson said, some of which were undoubtedly designed to light a fire under Carmelo.

You can do all the revisionism you want...does not mean you guys really know what happened, and I am more comfortable believing journalists whose livelihood depends on veracity, than players who don't want to accept the consequences when things they say in private go public because they surround themselves with a bunch of clowns.

Stuff happened...words were spoken...mistakes were made. Reliving now it again does not seem to accomplish anything, IMO.

There are also questions to ask yourself...

Is it possible that Anthony took to heart the hits he received and reacted in a positive way to what happened? I do know this, nothing the PR camp and the access players have seemingly had to a gym he has were not done last year, or any other year...were they?

Is it possible that he got over his initial disappointment with certain decisions by Jackson and took another look at things?

Is it also possible that he did not realize KP was actually a pretty good player, a likable guy, someone who is willing to learn from him, and maybe even a player who can help him achieve some of the goals he has yet to achieve as a BB player?

You don't hear Melo talking about this stuff now unless reporters bring it up, and he seems to be doing all the right things with his teammates these days, on and off the court.

I've been Mr. Positive Poster with little criticism of Anthony over the past month or so, and you know I've been tough on him numerous occasions, but I tend to like what he's done recently. I do reserve the right to be critical of him when I see things I don't like, though, even if these things don't matter to some of you.

At this point some of you seem to be pushing it, IMO. Easy enough to ignore the posters you don't like and just go with the flow. Just surprised that you would come up with a thread like this when we are presently in a happy happy joy joy period.

You obviously have the right to say whatever you want, but that is true for all of us, and I consider this to be the kind of provocative thread that you would react to strongly if it was done about Anthony.

Because it was an @ssfest and it really bothered me. No can of worms to open up. Guys ranted for 26 pages about how this guy sucked based on assumptions and speculation. It wasn't true or accurate. I will probably bring it up again. In regards to believing journalists, one guy said lets take an educated guess and that lit a fire under some here. Not sure when an educated guess became a source. In regards to Melo talking, the only thing he has said was that it really angered him that there was speculation in the media that he was unhappy. He said he wasn't and that he never said the things that people were speculating he said. If you prefer to take educated guesses about what a guy is thinking be my guest but please don't assert that it is the truth or that someone is a bad guy because of what you think he is thinking. In regards to Melo taking criticism to heart and acting on them, I disagree. I think he is a professional, rehabs like a professional and prepares for his craft like a professional. The media in nyc is tough enough when they have even a half truth. As a fan of a ny team, I think guys need to realize that unless there is a name, face and an actual quote you need to have a filter before you go all in on a bash session. Even then it is best to see find a video as things get misrepresented like Melo wanting to play the 4.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/10/2015  12:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I dont care if he is happy or not. As long as the knicks progress well this year then im happy

A lot of posters spent the off season speculating he wasn't happy. Obviously that isn't the case and the team seems to be united and to have benefitted from the workouts Melo organized.
again who cares. If he is happy thats great. As long as he buys in and everyone goes well thats all that matters

He bought in when he signed his deal. All the speculation, assumptions,etc. this past offseason were over the top. A 13 page thread criticizing a guy that was on vacation with his family when he was off the clock was ridiculous. A 13 page thread speculating on what message Phil Jackson was sending to Melo was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in sports media.

Why do you continue to bring this up? You are just opening up a can of worms. You're basically insinuating that multiple reporters made stuff up, and I'm not talking about opinion writers like Berman, or your favorite...Araton. You are even discounting many of the things Jackson said, some of which were undoubtedly designed to light a fire under Carmelo.

You can do all the revisionism you want...does not mean you guys really know what happened, and I am more comfortable believing journalists whose livelihood depends on veracity, than players who don't want to accept the consequences when things they say in private go public because they surround themselves with a bunch of clowns.

Stuff happened...words were spoken...mistakes were made. Reliving now it again does not seem to accomplish anything, IMO.

Is it possible that Anthony took to heart the hits he received and reacted in a positive way to what happened? I do know this, nothing the PR camp and the access players have seemingly had to a gym he has were not done last year, or any other year...were they?

Is it possible that he got over his initial disappointment with certain decisions by Jackson and took another look at things?

Is it also possible that he did not realize KP was actually a pretty good player, a likable guy, someone who is willing to learn from him, and maybe even a player who can help him achieve some of the goals he has yet to achieve as a BB player?

You don't hear Melo talking about this stuff now unless reporters bring it up, and he seems to be doing all the right things with his teammates these days, on and off the court.

I've been Mr. Positive Poster with little criticism of Anthony over the past month or so, and you know I've been tough on him numerous occasions, but I tend to like what he's done recently. I do reserve the right to be critical of him when I see things I don't like, though, even if these things don't matter to some of you.

At this point some of you seem to be pushing it, IMO. Easy enough to ignore the posters you don't like and just go with the flow. Just surprised that you would come up with a thread like this when we are presently in a happy happy joy joy period.

You obviously have the right to say whatever you want, but that is true for all of us, and I consider this to be the kind of provocative thread that you would react to strongly if it was done about Anthony.

Walt... all those things are possible, but they are also irrelevant. What matter is what is real, not between people's ears. What is real is not what reporters report, but what Melo DOES. What did he DO? organize practices, reached out to players and rookies, facilitated workouts that built chemistry and teamwork, showed up to camp in midseason form and great shape... so what about the other stuff? Do you never ever have a bad day at work? Imagine if every time you weren't in the mood or having a lousy day at work someone tweeted "Walt's not happy, HE WANTS OUT!"

What matters is are you being a good employee? Doing your job? Doing more than your job? That's what your boss and company care about, not if your grumpy, or you told a buddy that those new TPS reports are pissing you off.

All summer basketball threads died like farts in the wind while "Melo is a no-show in Vegas" type threads got 10+ pages. It was a wankfest and any questions and concerns have been answered. The evidence is right there to see.

We should have some good basketball to watch. Much to the chagrin of some very folks who are very busy posting the same stuff over and over again. You are not one of them Im glad to say

Sorry, but I still consider Las Vegas to be a mistake by him, but I think he made up for it big time with the stuff he did after he came back from the US World Team mini-camp, and as I mentioned in another thread, I was the first to do a thread on the PR get together, although my title was not obvious enough to attract a lot of traffic at the time.

My feeling is that Melo looked at the situation and what had taken place and came up with some great ideas for bringing the team together. I actually don't think I've done an anti-Anthony post since the PR event, so in a way, the stuff that happened in the past is irrelevant at this point as the season progresses.

The relationship that seems to be developing with KP is also a great sign. KP is a complementary player at this point in his career, and hopefully Anthony sees a way to use the attention he will be getting on offense to get KP some easy open looks.

I'm just looking at what is going on in the court and seeing how individual players are progressing, and so far it is promising. Anthony seems to be doing less ISO stuff. He's been quick to shoot-almost seems like his release is quicker, but in preseason a guy who is coming off an injury needs to get into a good flow, especially your top scorer, so I would rather see him put up open shots without thinking at this point.

Just feel that a thread like this opens up the conversation to the past when it is not necessary because most folks have moved on. There will be some bumps now and then, but I think for the most part people are looking at things on the court, except for the Fisher thing, of course.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/10/2015  12:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Because it was an @ssfest and it really bothered me. No can of worms to open up. Guys ranted for 26 pages about how this guy sucked based on assumptions and speculation. It wasn't true or accurate. I will probably bring it up again. In regards to believing journalists, one guy said lets take an educated guess and that lit a fire under some here. Not sure when an educated guess became a source. In regards to Melo talking, the only thing he has said was that it really angered him that there was speculation in the media that he was unhappy. He said he wasn't and that he never said the things that people were speculating he said. If you prefer to take educated guesses about what a guy is thinking be my guest but please don't assert that it is the truth or that someone is a bad guy because of what you think he is thinking. In regards to Melo taking criticism to heart and acting on them, I disagree. I think he is a professional, rehabs like a professional and prepares for his craft like a professional. The media in nyc is tough enough when they have even a half truth. As a fan of a ny team, I think guys need to realize that unless there is a name, face and an actual quote you need to have a filter before you go all in on a bash session. Even then it is best to see find a video as things get misrepresented like Melo wanting to play the 4.

Reporters are not going to give up their sources if they are given info to be used on the condition that they don't use a name...they would not have any sources, then, and many stories would never reach the light.

Since he got back from the US Team camp, Anthony has done things he has never done before with the team. You read into that anything you want, and I will do the same. All I'll say is that I'm happy that this group of players seems to have more cohesion at this point, and I more than willing to give Anthony some credit for that.

I am just looking at the pre-season and how the team is shaping up, and expect most of my posts will reflect this interest.

Looks good so far.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Carmelo is happy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy