[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Carmelo is happy
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/9/2015  9:59 PM
Not sure where the speculation, rumors, and assumptions came from about him not liking the offseason but he seems to have embraced Porzingis, his teammates, and a leadership role.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/9/2015  10:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Not sure where the speculation, rumors, and assumptions came from about him not liking the offseason but he seems to have embraced Porzingis, his teammates, and a leadership role.

YUP! Also it's nice to see him playing well and not looking like he's favoring anything. He doesn't even had to kill himself like in the past with this team. He has lots of guys to take up the slack now. He's been working out with these guys for a while now and I can tell he trusts them. That's a huge development. Last time we saw that this team had a pretty good year. Hope that happens again.

CrushAlot
USA
10/9/2015  10:04 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Not sure where the speculation, rumors, and assumptions came from about him not liking the offseason but he seems to have embraced Porzingis, his teammates, and a leadership role.

YUP! Also it's nice to see him playing well and not looking like he's favoring anything. He doesn't even had to kill himself like in the past with this team. He has lots of guys to take up the slack now. He's been working out with these guys for a while now and I can tell he trusts them. That's a huge development. Last time we saw that this team had a pretty good year. Hope that happens again.

I agree. Wally has good perspective though. He said that after a bunch of games Melo will feel that knee. Hopefully not. Wally was really impressed with how good he has looked ost surgery.
nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  10:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I agree. Wally has good perspective though. He said that after a bunch of games Melo will feel that knee. Hopefully not. Wally was really impressed with how good he has looked ost surgery.

What I'm hoping for is that the rest of the team can play well enough to be able to cut Melo's minutes. He really shouldn't have to always log his normal minutes every night. I Think there will be a few nights where Melo can take it easy. He's also playing more in the flow of the offense and not forcing things, which should save his body.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/9/2015  10:41 PM
The guy moved the ball out there today. Signs are looking great so far.
The Future is Bright!
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/9/2015  10:43 PM
I dont care if he is happy or not. As long as the knicks progress well this year then im happy
nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  11:08 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I dont care if he is happy or not. As long as the knicks progress well this year then im happy

Well it does matter if your best player is feeling good and the vibe with his teammates is great. I like how this team talks with each other and communicates on the floor. They seem to have a nice chemistry developing. Hopefully it continues to get better and the trust level increases.

CrushAlot
USA
10/9/2015  11:46 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I dont care if he is happy or not. As long as the knicks progress well this year then im happy

A lot of posters spent the off season speculating he wasn't happy. Obviously that isn't the case and the team seems to be united and to have benefitted from the workouts Melo organized.
StarksEwing1

10/9/2015  11:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

A lot of posters spent the off season speculating he wasn't happy. Obviously that isn't the case and the team seems to be united and to have benefitted from the workouts Melo organized.
again who cares. If he is happy thats great. As long as he buys in and everyone goes well thats all that matters
nixluva
USA
10/9/2015  11:56 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

again who cares. If he is happy thats great. As long as he buys in and everyone goes well thats all that matters

It's a good thing when everyone is happy and pulling together. We haven't had that the last 2 years. People have been bashing the guy and he's come in this year with a good attitude and he is in fact buying in. It's all good right now and hopefully they can continue to improve as a group.

Melo started the good vibes with his teammates this summer and they really look united and focused on winning. If Melo has a great season that only increases this team's potential for this season.

CrushAlot
USA
10/10/2015  12:05 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He bought in when he signed his deal. All the speculation, assumptions,etc. this past offseason were over the top. A 13 page thread criticizing a guy that was on vacation with his family when he was off the clock was ridiculous. A 13 page thread speculating on what message Phil Jackson was sending to Melo was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in sports media.
StarksEwing1

10/10/2015  12:07 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He bought in when he signed his deal. All the speculation, assumptions,etc. this past offseason were over the top. A 13 page thread criticizing a guy that was on vacation with his family when he was off the clock was ridiculous. A 13 page thread speculating on what message Phil Jackson was sending to Melo was the most ridiculous thing I have seen in sports media.
time to move on. He is happy fine lets concentrate on the season now
nixluva
USA
10/10/2015  12:24 AM
Melo had 4 assists and was efficient again. I'd love to see Melo up over 4 asts on the season. With this offense and this team he should be able to do that. He's come close to 4 asts a few times in his career. This is the year he could do it.
CrushAlot
USA
10/10/2015  12:26 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I agree. It would be awesome if posters move on. Glad to count you in the moving on camp. I am hoping this means there are no more I like Melo but... And tha with reasonable teammates he is just considered part f te team.
StarksEwing1

10/10/2015  12:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2015  12:32 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I agree. It would be awesome if posters move on. Glad to count you in the moving on camp. I am hoping this means there are no more I like Melo but... And tha with reasonable teammates he is just considered part f te team.
i agree. i hate both the melo haters and lovers always going back and forth. I just focus on the team instead of one player
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/10/2015  3:17 AM
nixluva wrote:Melo had 4 assists and was efficient again. I'd love to see Melo up over 4 asts on the season. With this offense and this team he should be able to do that. He's come close to 4 asts a few times in his career. This is the year he could do it.

4 assists in limited mins i might add.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/10/2015  8:28 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

thats it... but he's a hell of a good player and if you surround him with lunch pale guys and he's healthy you will win a lot of regular season games. I think if we get 70ish healthy games from him the Knicks win 45 games, and will have done so with KP, KOQ (I consider him rotation with upside), Grant and Galloway playng big roles. What is really significant about that is that is your cheap core that is staying around for the next couple of years while we try to lure another elite player.

Downside.. we go to the playoffs with a young cheap core that continue to develop and grow
Upside... the above + we add an elite player along the way

Obviously things like injuries can derail the best plans, so it really hinges on Melo's health. He sure looks nimble, lean and like he's done everything he can to be ready.

I also love the Melo/KP/Rolo frontcourt. Rolo is a better offensive player than I thought. Not great, but if he's given easy looks he will beat you. KP showed how his length will change games. He's got a long way to come and his lungs haven't caught up with his body yet but you can see the potential.

The Melo hate threads and stupid speculation about his lack of this or that was all bull. Total yank hater fest. There isn't any jock riding around here. This is simply our best player. Who hosted team building events like meeting in PR, hosting workouts in his home gym, having 1-1 work outs with the new rookie, shows up in fantastic shape and midseason form, hitting shot after shot, propping up the young kid after a nervous start, making quick passes and setting guys up, scoring in boat loads and yea.. often taking dubious shots and hitting more than he deserves... THIS is reality. Those 13 page threads running with media doo doo were fueled by a bunch of ****ing wankers having a wankfest

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/10/2015  10:58 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Why do you continue to bring this up? You are just opening up a can of worms. You're basically insinuating that multiple reporters made stuff up, and I'm not talking about opinion writers like Berman, or your favorite...Araton. You are even discounting many of the things Jackson said, some of which were undoubtedly designed to light a fire under Carmelo.

You can do all the revisionism you want...does not mean you guys really know what happened, and I am more comfortable believing journalists whose livelihood depends on veracity, than players who don't want to accept the consequences when things they say in private go public because they surround themselves with a bunch of clowns.

Stuff happened...words were spoken...mistakes were made. Reliving now it again does not seem to accomplish anything, IMO.

There are also questions to ask yourself...

Is it possible that Anthony took to heart the hits he received and reacted in a positive way to what happened? I do know this, nothing the PR camp and the access players have seemingly had to a gym he has were not done last year, or any other year...were they?

Is it possible that he got over his initial disappointment with certain decisions by Jackson and took another look at things?

Is it also possible that he did not realize KP was actually a pretty good player, a likable guy, someone who is willing to learn from him, and maybe even a player who can help him achieve some of the goals he has yet to achieve as a BB player?

You don't hear Melo talking about this stuff now unless reporters bring it up, and he seems to be doing all the right things with his teammates these days, on and off the court.

I've been Mr. Positive Poster with little criticism of Anthony over the past month or so, and you know I've been tough on him numerous occasions, but I tend to like what he's done recently. I do reserve the right to be critical of him when I see things I don't like, though, even if these things don't matter to some of you.

At this point some of you seem to be pushing it, IMO. Easy enough to ignore the posters you don't like and just go with the flow. Just surprised that you would come up with a thread like this when we are presently in a happy happy joy joy period.

You obviously have the right to say whatever you want, but that is true for all of us, and I consider this to be the kind of provocative thread that you would react to strongly if it was done about Anthony.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/10/2015  11:07 AM
The only thing I want to see is if Melo has changed his response to when his shot is not on fire. Will Melo try to get to the rim? or will he keep on jacking up jumpshots? Other than that things seem to be looking good.
The Future is Bright!
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/10/2015  11:12 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Why do you continue to bring this up? You are just opening up a can of worms. You're basically insinuating that multiple reporters made stuff up, and I'm not talking about opinion writers like Berman, or your favorite...Araton. You are even discounting many of the things Jackson said, some of which were undoubtedly designed to light a fire under Carmelo.

You can do all the revisionism you want...does not mean you guys really know what happened, and I am more comfortable believing journalists whose livelihood depends on veracity, than players who don't want to accept the consequences when things they say in private go public because they surround themselves with a bunch of clowns.

Stuff happened...words were spoken...mistakes were made. Reliving now it again does not seem to accomplish anything, IMO.

There are also questions to ask yourself...

Is it possible that Anthony took to heart the hits he received and reacted in a positive way to what happened? I do know this, nothing the PR camp and the access players have seemingly had to a gym he has were not done last year, or any other year...were they?

Is it possible that he got over his initial disappointment with certain decisions by Jackson and took another look at things?

Is it also possible that he did not realize KP was actually a pretty good player, a likable guy, someone who is willing to learn from him, and maybe even a player who can help him achieve some of the goals he has yet to achieve as a BB player?

You don't hear Melo talking about this stuff now unless reporters bring it up, and he seems to be doing all the right things with his teammates these days, on and off the court.

I've been Mr. Positive Poster with little criticism of Anthony over the past month or so, and you know I've been tough on him numerous occasions, but I tend to like what he's done recently. I do reserve the right to be critical of him when I see things I don't like, though, even if these things don't matter to some of you.

At this point some of you seem to be pushing it, IMO. Easy enough to ignore the posters you don't like and just go with the flow. Just surprised that you would come up with a thread like this when we are presently in a happy happy joy joy period.

You obviously have the right to say whatever you want, but that is true for all of us, and I consider this to be the kind of provocative thread that you would react to strongly if it was done about Anthony.

Walt... all those things are possible, but they are also irrelevant. What matter is what is real, not between people's ears. What is real is not what reporters report, but what Melo DOES. What did he DO? organize practices, reached out to players and rookies, facilitated workouts that built chemistry and teamwork, showed up to camp in midseason form and great shape... so what about the other stuff? Do you never ever have a bad day at work? Imagine if every time you weren't in the mood or having a lousy day at work someone tweeted "Walt's not happy, HE WANTS OUT!"

What matters is are you being a good employee? Doing your job? Doing more than your job? That's what your boss and company care about, not if your grumpy, or you told a buddy that those new TPS reports are pissing you off.

All summer basketball threads died like farts in the wind while "Melo is a no-show in Vegas" type threads got 10+ pages. It was a wankfest and any questions and concerns have been answered. The evidence is right there to see.

We should have some good basketball to watch. Much to the chagrin of some very folks who are very busy posting the same stuff over and over again. You are not one of them Im glad to say

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Carmelo is happy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy