[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Kmart to Denver For Draft Picks
Author Thread
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/15/2004  4:29 PM
The Knicks well be a very good team by the time the Nets move to Brooklyn. That will dilute the interest of the people of Brooklyn, who are Knick fans anyway. It was in Ratner's best interest to keep the team playing at a high level until then to maintain it's aura.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/15/2004  5:07 PM
"at least you stay competitive this year & you keep the fans happy"

What is all this talk about Nets fans? They don't have any.
#Knickstaps
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/15/2004  6:00 PM
Listen to some of you guys and every move is great as long as it is not made by the Knicks lol. (BRIGGS mostly :))

I think this is great for us. Maybe we can win the division and get a 2nd spot while having a worse record then some teams below us and have lasting homecourt. I mean I think it is safe to say that whatever the future consequences of that trade, next year, the Nets are prolly going to be worse then us w/out Martin. He was the guy that killed us in the playoffs, not RJ or Kidd. Martin was the difference between us and them. An athletic beast of a big man that we don't have. Now they don't have one either. And Rahim does not exatcly scare me nearly as much as Martin did. Rahim is just a nice player, he will not kill us like Martin did. That's provided they even get him. He is a max deal as far as I know, and if you are cuttin money, why not match one max deal, and then trade for another? Especially for one year if you are moving and could care less about your NJ fan base at this point anyways.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/15/2004  6:31 PM
i think when all is said and done, i think the nets will have rahim + two extra picks with kittles and a pick going to Portland. If you are a Net fan[of which there are few] you are going to be peod, there is no way around it because Martin is the epitome of what all fans on any teams want in a player. That being said, adding Rahim + Kristic re-signing Harris and bringing in another guard on the cheap in the east to go along with Jason Kidd and Richard Jefferson will still keep them above .500 in the east.

Rahim Jefferson and Kidd is a pretty good threesome. Kristic is a player that will surprise many because of his length and athletiscm. You are talking about a guy who shouldve been a top 10 pick easy. Hes 6-11 1/2 245 and has nice athletiscm and skill. It will be atransition, but he will give them something they didnt have in the middle with Collins
RIP Crushalot😞
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/15/2004  6:37 PM
2 of the 3 picks are not the Nuggets' own picks, but are picks they acquired from the Wizards and Clippers. Both are lottery protected next year as well

What- did Layden resurface to help the nets out with this deal?

And we gave Phoenix 2 1st rounders (one unprotected) and took on Hardaways max deal, sent them Lampe and some other stuff to get Marbury?

I guess its called leverage!

Perhaps IT can work some on Chicago!
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/16/2004  2:18 AM
Hmm... I can't believe the Nets have consciously made a decision to stop being competitive. While I think this is going to be a great year if you have Jefferson on your fantasy team, I think the Nets are going to fall off the map after a couple of years of eastern conference domination.

It's like they got no immediate help in return for him. What a sad, pathetic team they'll be with Jason Collins as their primary post-up threat (what post up game!?!?).

With that in mind, it looks like the Nets will make every effort to showcase Kidd's health in order to trade him away. Seems like the idea is to build around Jefferson.

The problem with today's NBA w/ the CBA is that it's difficult to keep good young teams together. You might get lucky with your draft picks and sign a free agent or two, then become a contender. If you don't do it before their rookie contracts are up, you're up against a tight wall with the luxury tax.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/16/2004  2:48 AM
the nets didn't have a lot of choice. THe easy would have been to max martin. but is he a max player ? I don't think so. HE's got heart, incredible athletism, but what else ? KG is a max player. Duncan is a max player and they deserve every buck they earn.

We'll see what martin is without kidd. Remember, kidd is so good that he could make a cadaver play in the nba.

And soon he'll find out that playing against tim duncan, garnett, webber... every night is far from what he's accustomed to in the eastern conf (espc atl division)

[Edited by - raven on 07/16/2004 05:35:32]
Kmart to Denver For Draft Picks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy