[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jim Gray in interview
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/14/2004  11:59 PM
Jim Gray reported in an interview on ESPN that the Bulls were in the hunt for Kobe all the way up until yesterday and even had a possible sign and trade worked out with the Lakers to get him.....It wasn't reported, but I can almost be certain this type of deal would've had to include Craw... do you think this sign and trade influenced the fact that they thought they had some leverage on the Knicks....?
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/15/2004  12:32 AM
why would the Lakers do that....only if Kobe really wants out of LA but i don't think he does...he just wants money and complete control as he has now. Kobe is the Axl Rose of the NBA
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/15/2004  12:38 AM
If true, yes.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/15/2004  12:43 AM
Gray said Kobe was impressed with Chicago...apparently Jim gray is to Kobe what Rashad was to MJ
~You can't run from who you are.~
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/15/2004  1:24 AM
I'm not sure where Gray heard that because since day Kupchak said, I believe the direct quote was there was "NO WAY" the Lakers trade Kobe, the only way he'd leave would be through a FA signing.
#Knickstaps
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/15/2004  3:20 AM
until they get an offer thay cannot refuse.

Imagine a eddy curry + craw + deng + fillers.

Hard to refuse that kind of deal, even for kobe.

Lakers would be right on track to start with a good and young team.

Kobe would resemble more to MJ (btw IMO he would be a complete idiot to go in chicago, cause of MJ's shadow there)
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/15/2004  3:52 AM
I wouldn't do that deal for Kobe.

Throwing out marketing and advertising and the money you lose, but what has any of those players proven?

Curry? Come on, he might be a promising big man, but he's a boy among men in the West.

Deng's a rookie, and Duke products don't have the best reputation (hey Luol, stay off the motorcycle).

Crawford's good, but he's gonna replace Kobe?
#Knickstaps
raven
Canada
7/15/2004  4:06 AM
what I said is if the bulls had to make a S&T... Nothing like "the bulls should".

As you may have noticed with the shaq story, you never get equal value for thazt kind of superstars.

The goal is to loose the less possible and get the better possible package.

We were talking about chicago btw.
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
7/15/2004  9:41 AM
Posted by raven:

what I said is if the bulls had to make a S&T... Nothing like "the bulls should".

As you may have noticed with the shaq story, you never get equal value for thazt kind of superstars.

The goal is to loose the less possible and get the better possible package.

We were talking about chicago btw.

for kobe, the lakers will probably want gordon and a pick instead of deng, especially with the team they have now. if kobe says, either take this deal or im signing with the clips, its tough to just let him sing as a FA, though thats what mitch has been saying for a while now. But think about the laker lineup of this deal goes through:

C: Eddy Curry
PF: Grant/Walton
SF: Odom/Butler/George
SG: Crawford/Butler
PG: Gordon/?

lakers would probably have to take JYD and EROB just because they need salary to match

if the potential develops, which is a big IF, and the lakers can keep that core together for a few years, that could be a hell of a team, especially with what walton showed people in the playoffs. Chicago would probably sign Mihm.
C: Mihm
PF: Chandler?
SF: Deng
SG: Kobe
PG: Hinrich

if they get some front-court help thats not a bad team either, probably one of the most talented 1-2-3 combos. Not to mention they finally get a player to really market (their first since MJ). I bet they really regret trading Brand for the pick that turned out to be chandler...
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
raven
Canada
7/15/2004  9:52 AM
Posted by nyballer:

[I bet they really regret trading Brand for the pick that turned out to be chandler...

who would not ? they lost a guy who has a great work ethic, a banger inside, rare thing nowadays, legit 20/10 every night for a guy with a bad back who never really improved.

Had they kept brand, they would already ahve been in the playoffs.
I'm sure brand would have had a good influence on Curry too.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/15/2004  10:17 AM
Is this Bulls-Lakers thing even still alive? It just sounds so rumor and nothing else. I can't imagine the Lakers being so stupid and trading both of their superstars in the same offseason. They are already stupids for trading Shaq! They have said that they won't trade Kobe, and now this? I can't believe how the Lakers are falling down so fast.

Also, who can understand Kobe? Its like he believes the whole world is on his feet. Is he forgeting something he has going on with the law? "The Lakers have to pay me this. The Clippers have to play there." And now the Bulls? This has been a very strange offseason with the Boozer thing and the Laker's divorce.
Knicks_Fan
Jim Gray in interview

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy