[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Camby a bounding machine!
Author Thread
MCfan23
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #114
USA
12/12/2001  5:38 PM
Camby was again a monster on the glass against the Celtics with 21 boards, improving his average to 14.6 rpg. That's really something!
It's good enough to lead the NBA, with Tim Duncan and Danny Fortson coming in with 12.8 apiece.
We suck.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/12/2001  6:23 PM
now if he could only get one offensive move. Any move. Just a face the basket 15 foot jump shot would suffice.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/12/2001  8:44 PM
I heard he had improved his jumper this summer, but he has yet to show it. I think he needs some plays called for him, maybe a clear out from about 15 away to let him create on the slower centers. He has to work on his shooting, but he does have a nice touch under the basket and can leap over others for second and third opportunities and he has great court sense. Still, the stat i'm looking at for him is rebounding because i think he should lead the league in that category this season. Once he gets his shot falling he will be a superstar.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
12/12/2001  8:54 PM
I think the Knicks need to set more screens. They always do that for Spree but he never takes the shot, he tries to go one-on-one with the guy, and the only plays they do set-up Houston and Sprewell. Also, Harrington needs to get more time, Thomas got into foul trouble early (again) and simply can't finish (He's missed two lay-ups in the last two games, from under the hoop he's missed, has he forgotton how to dunk?) Harrington has a sweet little baby hook and a nice lefty J to complement that, and he also finishes well, but as soon as 'Spoon comes back he's not gonna get a whole lot of time. Thomas should get one more game to prove himself and then the Knicks should start 'O' if he doesn't perform. Start him till Spoon gets back.
#Knickstaps
LJ4LES26
Member: #134
12/12/2001  10:44 PM
I think if we had low post threat,camby scoring would not be a big deal.Thomas problem is that now teams pay attention to him when he has the post and exposes is bad passing.If we trade spree of houston this year he has to go with them.Hopely we could get back a superior big man now and in the future.
THE NEW YORK KNICKS,THE HEARTBURN TEAM FOR THE AGES.
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
12/13/2001  3:21 PM
Posted by martin:

now if he could only get one offensive move. Any move. Just a face the basket 15 foot jump shot would suffice.

That would be great, but right now I'm happy with the job he's doing cleaning up other the other players' mess.
We suck.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
12/13/2001  5:46 PM
That would be great, but right now I'm happy with the job he's doing cleaning up other the other players' mess.
Just imagine how good he will be when he develops a better offensive game to go with that. A lot of people say we're an all-veteran team and we don't have a lot of up-side in our future, but just look at Camby. He's 27, should probably be the second best center in the league, and has more skills and quickness then almost any other center ever. That's a lot to be looking forward to.
Camby a bounding machine!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy