Member: #5843

10/9/2015  10:39 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Nice to see Williams taking it to the rim, want to see more of that.

Seems to be able to do it at will.

So far so good for a guy I was not too happy getting.

Maybe Phil knew something I did not.

The price tag was his biggest drawback considering his production vs where he was picked in the draft. I doubt we would have cared much otherwise.

Yeah, we bid against ourselves for D-Will. He's scoring well tonight, but I'd still like to see him be more aggressive on the defensive backboard .
He looks good and he is talented. If he puts it together the Knicks got a steal

All depends on his motor. If Williams can keep this up throughout the season then yes, it will be a steal. I know some folks want him to start but I believe we should keep Williams and O'Quinn on the bench. If they can keep this up they would give the Knicks a real punch off the bench.

I'm taking applications for apoligies from those who doubted him and brushed off my optimism in regard ls to the singing of DW. Take a number and get in line Mreinman. Picking up right where he left off last year

Still has some mental lapses. Has to understand that he has to take what is there, and not try for more.

So far, so good, though.

Not filling out any "applications" yet, but he is off to a good start, and seems to fit into the offense well.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/9/2015  10:40 PM
Just got back from the Verizon Center, very good game to watch.

Carmelo ANthony played a very good game, made some good passes, kept the ball moving and had a quite good night.

I can't believe I am saying this but what a cracking game from Derrick WIlliams!!! Had a great shooting outing and kept us in the game.

Porzingis had some bad moments but he rebounded really well and had some great offensive plays. I agree with blkexec, His defensive awareness is very suspect but he is a great 1 on 1 defender which is great to see. He needs to get more comfortable with the ball.

I thought Jose Calderon was going to get decimated out there by Wall and Beal but he held his own out there tonight.

I know it is just preseason and it isn't something to look to into, but the signs were very good to see!

The Future is Bright!
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

10/9/2015  10:42 PM
Enjoyed the performances for the most part. Still only preseason but i like a lot of the new guys
TPercy

10/9/2015  10:47 PM
Grant has to work on that left hand, it really shoes in his game.
The Future is Bright!
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/9/2015  10:59 PM
We definitely have a bench now. It will interest to see how Fisher does the rotation. Calderon looked better tonight. If he stays healthy, we should have a strong starting five.
Trust the Process
Sambakick
Member: #5646

10/9/2015  11:00 PM
Please take these thoughts to the post game thread. Thanks.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
TPercy

10/9/2015  11:04 PM
Post game thread?
The Future is Bright!
WaltLongmire

10/9/2015  11:09 PM
TPercy wrote:Just got back from the Verizon Center, very good game to watch.

Carmelo ANthony played a very good game, made some good passes, kept the ball moving and had a quite good night.

I can't believe I am saying this but what a cracking game from Derrick WIlliams!!! Had a great shooting outing and kept us in the game.

Porzingis had some bad moments but he rebounded really well and had some great offensive plays. I agree with blkexec, His defensive awareness is very suspect but he is a great 1 on 1 defender which is great to see. He needs to get more comfortable with the ball.

I thought Jose Calderon was going to get decimated out there by Wall and Beal but he held his own out there tonight.

I know it is just preseason and it isn't something to look to into, but the signs were very good to see!

He thinks like a center on D, IMO. He's looking inside too much...this is a teachable issue. In SL he was much more comfortable on D at the 5.

Looked great against some smaller guys when he had to guard them...I was surprised.

We seem to be packing it in too much on D, IMO.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

10/9/2015  11:21 PM
TPercy wrote:Grant has to work on that left hand, it really shoes in his game.

Shot selection, too, I think.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/9/2015  11:24 PM
It's gonna take some time for the Knicks to refine their approach on D, but so far I think you can see some positive signs. Defensive Chemistry is gonna take time and work. I love the impact the new bigs look like they're gonna have. Looks like there are gonna be a lot of altered and blocked shots and some improved rebounding.

I like that KP was much more aggressive on the boards tonight. I already love this kids moxie.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/9/2015  11:31 PM
nixluva wrote:It's gonna take some time for the Knicks to refine their approach on D, but so far I think you can see some positive signs. Defensive Chemistry is gonna take time and work. I love the impact the new bigs look like they're gonna have. Looks like there are gonna be a lot of altered and blocked shots and some improved rebounding.

I like that KP was much more aggressive on the boards tonight. I already love this kids moxie.

he just needs to get stronger
TPercy

10/9/2015  11:33 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
TPercy wrote:Grant has to work on that left hand, it really shoes in his game.

Shot selection, too, I think.

He is a really smart dude, I have full confidence that it will develop as the season progresses. However,when his step back jumpshot from the left is not going to work, then he is going to find himself in a predicament.
The Future is Bright!
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/9/2015  11:35 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

He thinks like a center on D, IMO. He's looking inside too much...this is a teachable issue. In SL he was much more comfortable on D at the 5.

Looked great against some smaller guys when he had to guard them...I was surprised.

They are cheating on defense..They are backing off the outside shooter because they were being blown by in the last game...O'Quinn was doing a DLee and just standing under the basket for the rebound and his guy was always open for the jumper..When the second unit came in he didn't have to move because their big had no jumper..

TPercy

10/9/2015  11:42 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

I agree. The 5 spot is his inevitable "position" in my opinion because he will be able to use his guard like quickness to blow by them. In SL, he mostly guarded guys in the post or in 1 on 1s which brought out the best in him.

We got a potential HOF on our hands if things really pan out.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

10/9/2015  11:44 PM
Did anyone notice Melo trying hard on defense this game? or was it just me?
The Future is Bright!
nixluva
USA
10/10/2015  12:05 AM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

They are cheating on defense..They are backing off the outside shooter because they were being blown by in the last game...O'Quinn was doing a DLee and just standing under the basket for the rebound and his guy was always open for the jumper..When the second unit came in he didn't have to move because their big had no jumper..

Well at least KP wasn't out of shape tonight! He got his conditioning fixed all in one day off. He's amazing!

Knicks aren't perfect but they seem to be developing a bend but don't break defense. If they can continue to develop more chemistry on D they can be pretty good. They have a lot of defensive potential.

holfresh

10/10/2015  12:07 AM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Well at least KP wasn't out of shape tonight! He got his conditioning fixed all in one day off. He's amazing!

Knicks aren't perfect but they seem to be developing a bend but don't break defense. If they can continue to develop more chemistry on D they can be pretty good. They have a lot of defensive potential.

What game were you watching..

nixluva
USA
10/10/2015  12:18 AM
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

The one where our team won despite not being anywhere close to mid season form. The Wiz are trying to run a high pace, high scoring offense this year. The Knicks got a big lead and even after the Wiz went on a run they got their act together and pulled away again. Those breakdowns and mistakes should reduce as the Knicks get better.

In the end this wasn't some scrub team they were playing. The Wiz do have some talent and they've been together for a bit. You can't piss on what the Knicks are doing when it's a new team with a lot of young players too. At least try to have some perspective about where the team is at this stage. It's super early in the process of them coming together. They've got a lot more work today but you can see some signs of what they could be.

holfresh

10/10/2015  12:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/10/2015  12:30 AM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

The one where our team won despite not being anywhere close to mid season form. The Wiz are trying to run a high pace, high scoring offense this year. The Knicks got a big lead and even after the Wiz went on a run they got their act together and pulled away again. Those breakdowns and mistakes should reduce as the Knicks get better.

In the end this wasn't some scrub team they were playing. The Wiz do have some talent and they've been together for a bit. You can't piss on what the Knicks are doing when it's a new team with a lot of young players too. At least try to have some perspective about where the team is at this stage. It's super early in the process of them coming together. They've got a lot more work today but you can see some signs of what they could be.

No one is trying to piss on the Knicks..Some of us who want to look at them thru a natural lense are seeing some things they need to improve upon..Talking about these things doesn't mean you are pissing on them..If players don't look at game and see their faults they will never improve..

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/10/2015  12:33 AM
holfresh wrote:
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Well it's preseason so you have to take everything with a grain of salt .. But there starting unit had a real hard time getting inside in the second half when we went up by 15 vs there starting unit . We kept j wall out of the paint ! That's a victory in its self . Kp and robin really locked down the paint . Minus the fast break dunk by Bradley beal . I'd let a team like the wiz shoot threes all game long again minus Bradley beal..

Again this is preseason but the fact our 20 year old starting pf had 9 points 10 bounds and 2 blocks in 20 min is great

Game Thread: NYK vs WAS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy