[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

affalo's injury
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/9/2015  1:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/9/2015  1:29 PM
Every one knows hamstring injuries are very very tricky, I think he's going to miss the entire preseason and their not saying
ES
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/9/2015  1:38 PM
vegas line - how many games does Affalo play this year (inc play offs if they happen)

over/under 40.

I'll bet under!

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/9/2015  1:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Every one knows hamstring injuries are very very tricky, I think he's going to miss the entire preseason and their not saying

Nonsense- knicks medical staff never underplay injuries, I'm sure he'll be back any day now!

knicks1248
10/9/2015  2:16 PM
smackeddog wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:Every one knows hamstring injuries are very very tricky, I think he's going to miss the entire preseason and their not saying

Nonsense- knicks medical staff never underplay injuries, I'm sure he'll be back any day now!

hold your breath

ES
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/11/2015  12:08 PM
This is a good chance to give our other guards some run. Grant needs the pt. Affalo will be fine come November.
Trust the Process
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/11/2015  12:32 PM
someone on the Knicks reddit forum said that they thought he was out for the preseason.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
10/11/2015  1:04 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
someone on the Knicks reddit forum said that they thought he was out for the preseason.

calf and hamstring injuries are the worst, coming back too early is a high risk to re-injure it. We really needed him to get some PT with the starters, there's no way you can start him when the season starts without any preseason action.

ES
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/11/2015  2:17 PM
Getting bad vibes on this injury. "Older" player...pre-season injury not letting him get into the swing of things...tries to come back early and reinjures it, or cannot get above 75% healthy.

We can cover for him with Galloway and Sasha, but Aflalo was supposed to be the veteran SG who was going to bring stability and consistency to the position.

Not good.

Will he end up being this season's Calderon, or Bargs? Hope not.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/11/2015  3:17 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Getting bad vibes on this injury. "Older" player...pre-season injury not letting him get into the swing of things...tries to come back early and reinjures it, or cannot get above 75% healthy.

We can cover for him with Galloway and Sasha, but Aflalo was supposed to be the veteran SG who was going to bring stability and consistency to the position.

Not good.

He showed signs of breaking down last year. Personally, I would have him as our sixth man- easier for him to get into the swing of things, less disruptive and we need another scorer for when Melo is on the bench

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/11/2015  4:47 PM
smackeddog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Getting bad vibes on this injury. "Older" player...pre-season injury not letting him get into the swing of things...tries to come back early and reinjures it, or cannot get above 75% healthy.

Not good.

He showed signs of breaking down last year. Personally, I would have him as our sixth man- easier for him to get into the swing of things, less disruptive and we need another scorer for when Melo is on the bench

He'd be more of a featured scorer with the second unit...I expect that if he comes back sooner rather than later, though, they'll want him on the first unit because if he's playing well he can take some attention away from Anthony.

If he's coming back slower though, and the team is doing OK with whomever they replace him with, I expect that they would put him on the second unit. Still sucks, though. Only glitch in the pre-season so far.

Expected Calderon to get hurt again early on, not AA.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/11/2015  5:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2015  5:47 PM
It's concerning but to put a positive spin: (1) Mike Breen said on the Knicks/Wizards telecast that Arron's feeling much better and is getting close and (2) remember when we first got JR Smith? I remember the game--weekend afternoon home game against Dallas in the midst of Linsanity--JR may not have had much practice time with the team, maybe none at all, yet had an impact game right off the bat that first game he played. Pretty much the same deal with Shved when we got him--he got himself acclimated right away and started producing. Hopefully we're looking at the same thing with Afflalo.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
10/11/2015  8:00 PM
Finestrg wrote:It's concerning but to put a positive spin: (1) Mike Breen said on the Knicks/Wizards telecast that Arron's feeling much better and is getting close and (2) remember when we first got JR Smith? I remember the game--weekend afternoon home game against Dallas in the midst of Linsanity--JR may not have had much practice time with the team, maybe none at all, yet had an impact game right off the bat that first game he played. Pretty much the same deal with Shved when we got him--he got himself acclimated right away and started producing. Hopefully we're looking at the same thing with Afflalo.

Williams's performance was promising against the Wizzers. If Afflalo adds more optimism then so much the better. I like Afflalo when I saw him in Denver. He is a two-way player and that's NEVER bad.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/11/2015  9:36 PM
dk7th wrote:
Finestrg wrote:It's concerning but to put a positive spin: (1) Mike Breen said on the Knicks/Wizards telecast that Arron's feeling much better and is getting close and (2) remember when we first got JR Smith? I remember the game--weekend afternoon home game against Dallas in the midst of Linsanity--JR may not have had much practice time with the team, maybe none at all, yet had an impact game right off the bat that first game he played. Pretty much the same deal with Shved when we got him--he got himself acclimated right away and started producing. Hopefully we're looking at the same thing with Afflalo.

Williams's performance was promising against the Wizzers. If Afflalo adds more optimism then so much the better. I like Afflalo when I saw him in Denver. He is a two-way player and that's NEVER bad.

Yeah and he was close to being an all star in Orlando. He was a great addition if he is healthy.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
10/11/2015  9:49 PM

Not good.

he is worthless if he cannot defend.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
affalo's injury

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy