That is my take off this roster.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/9/2015  1:21 PM
I worry they are light at SG if this Afflalo hamstring thing lingers.
¿ △ ?
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/9/2015  1:25 PM
Still concerned we can't score enough points when Afflalo or Melo are injured. But i love our depth up front.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/9/2015  1:32 PM
Knixkik wrote:Still concerned we can't score enough points when Afflalo or Melo are injured. But i love our depth up front.

Agree we are set in the frontcourt. Porzingis will hopefully contribute more as the season goes on to pick up any slack if either of them go down. Im pysched about Grant looking good so far. If Melo goes down, Grant and his skills as a distributor will become even more important, as others will have to pick up the slack. Not much faith in Calderon as anything but a bench player.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/9/2015  1:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:That is my take off this roster.

you'll change your mind and rant the after the first game Melo & Affalo both miss and we score 78.

We don't have proven NBA Proven skill players outside of Melo and maybe Affalo.

Where are buckets coming from if the two of them are hurt? And you have to name someone who actually played in the NBA last year.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/9/2015  1:53 PM
franco12 wrote:

you'll change your mind and rant the after the first game Melo & Affalo both miss and we score 78.

Where are buckets coming from if the two of them are hurt? And you have to name someone who actually played in the NBA last year.

I mean, you could say much the same about OKC if Durant and Westbrook go down. And Washington if Wall and Beal go down. And so on.

Most teams are going to struggle if their top two scorers go down.

¿ △ ?
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/9/2015  2:05 PM
crzymdups wrote:
franco12 wrote:

I mean, you could say much the same about OKC if Durant and Westbrook go down. And Washington if Wall and Beal go down. And so on.

Most teams are going to struggle if their top two scorers go down.

Struggle, yes, but we are not going to be the NBDL-level we showed last season. Our bench is incredibly improved. And I'm hoping DWill is going to be a welcome surprise beyond open dunk highlights.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/9/2015  2:28 PM
Our frontcourt depth is much better than our backcourt depth. Afflalo is already injured, we have no idea how calderon will hold up, and even though melo looked good in the game he is also coming off a big injury. Truthfully we dont even know if we can compete with this roster healthy so injuries will not help
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

10/9/2015  2:29 PM
unless affalo or any guard goes down. the backcourt is very thin
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
StarksEwing1

10/9/2015  2:33 PM
callmened wrote:unless affalo or any guard goes down. the backcourt is very thin
agreed. Im a huge grant fan but he is a rookie so there will be a adjustment period and we have no idea if galloway can replicate last year.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/9/2015  4:22 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
callmened wrote:unless affalo or any guard goes down. the backcourt is very thin
agreed. Im a huge grant fan but he is a rookie so there will be a adjustment period and we have no idea if galloway can replicate last year.

Jerian can ball and anyone can see that even at this stage of his development he's better than any of the young guards we had last year or this year. Sure he's got to learn, but I don't see him making too many of the kind of wild, out of control plays that some rookie guards do, because he's a pretty smart player IMO. He's gonna make some mistakes but that's OK as long as he keeps them to a minimum.

Gallo should be BETTER than last year. Not replicate last year! He already looks better IMO. He looks like he worked on his offensive game and he's a bit more confident. Not that he was lacking confidence last year. Gallo's effort level on D and going after rebounds is pretty high.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/9/2015  4:38 PM
we cant win anything without Melo. This team is build around his scoring. Big dudes, tough young athletic guards, some high IQ types, but the them is blue collar lunch pale types, and if Melo is healthy thats an easy 45 win. This is not up for debate. I assume that is the short term plan. Make Melo the man, build a team around his scoring and surround him with size and toughness. If Melo gives us 70ish healthy games this is an easy 45 win team. Without they might grind out 30-35 wins.

Short term win, make the playoffs, pump up value of roster assets.
Long term stock the cubbard, build up KP, Grant, KOQ, Gallow and all those guys are a good cheap core so maybe we can grab a Durant or some other star along the way.

Plan looks good... first point of solid business... make the most of what you got. I feel like everyone on this roster is set up to improve their current value. EVERYONE. Thats a good feeling. We will see if Fisher is worth a fart in the wind. This is a roster that can generate wins. There are good pieces here (assuming Melo's healthy).

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/9/2015  6:39 PM
fishmike wrote:we cant win anything without Melo. This team is build around his scoring. Big dudes, tough young athletic guards, some high IQ types, but the them is blue collar lunch pale types, and if Melo is healthy thats an easy 45 win. This is not up for debate. I assume that is the short term plan. Make Melo the man, build a team around his scoring and surround him with size and toughness. If Melo gives us 70ish healthy games this is an easy 45 win team. Without they might grind out 30-35 wins.

Long term stock the cubbard, build up KP, Grant, KOQ, Gallow and all those guys are a good cheap core so maybe we can grab a Durant or some other star along the way.

Plan looks good... first point of solid business... make the most of what you got. I feel like everyone on this roster is set up to improve their current value. EVERYONE. Thats a good feeling. We will see if Fisher is worth a fart in the wind. This is a roster that can generate wins. There are good pieces here (assuming Melo's healthy).

I'm HIGH on this team. I think they most certainly have flaws and it's not a top heavy roster with only Melo right now, but I like the vibe of the players we have. They WANT to win. You can go down the line and these are guys looking to show what they can do. They aren't just collecting a check Types. When you have a roster full of guys who are Motivated it does make a difference. You get a bit more out of them than their individual talent might suggest. Sometimes it's better to have a bunch of Hard Hat guys who bring it every night.
StarksEwing1

10/9/2015  6:57 PM
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:we cant win anything without Melo. This team is build around his scoring. Big dudes, tough young athletic guards, some high IQ types, but the them is blue collar lunch pale types, and if Melo is healthy thats an easy 45 win. This is not up for debate. I assume that is the short term plan. Make Melo the man, build a team around his scoring and surround him with size and toughness. If Melo gives us 70ish healthy games this is an easy 45 win team. Without they might grind out 30-35 wins.

I'm HIGH on this team. I think they most certainly have flaws and it's not a top heavy roster with only Melo right now, but I like the vibe of the players we have. They WANT to win. You can go down the line and these are guys looking to show what they can do. They aren't just collecting a check Types. When you have a roster full of guys who are Motivated it does make a difference. You get a bit more out of them than their individual talent might suggest. Sometimes it's better to have a bunch of Hard Hat guys who bring it every night.
attaboy nix keep that optimism going
We can absorb injury and still compete

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy