[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How about dealing Houston immediately?
Author Thread
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/15/2004  8:26 PM
What makes you say that, Dr. Bonn? lol Not all Drs are successful when they perform surgery, and certainly can make the situation worse, by playing with someone else's body.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/15/2004  8:32 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

What makes you say that, Dr. Bonn? lol Not all Drs are successful when they perform surgery, and certainly can make the situation worse, by playing with someone else's body.
Like I said, Dr. Allan, I haven't seen any scientific evidence for it and your post doesn't provide any. Of course if you have a bad doctor who makes mistakes, it can hurt the person (and it probably wouldn't have been called a "successful" surgery afterward like Houston's was called).

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/15/2004 20:32:45]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/15/2004  9:53 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

the Mike Lupica article pretty much summed up how i've been feeling lately. 3 amazing players were out there in Shaq, kobe and Tracy and the knicks who play in "the world's famous arena" can't get any of the world'd greatest players thanks to the mess Layden put them in Thanks to Houston, Penny and Shandon

Lupica said it was many people doing many wrong things, and layden mostly doing the wrong things.

You guys sound all hungover after the false buzz. Chill out dudes, you don't hear a peep from most teams!
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/15/2004  9:59 PM
This is the summer to add nice young players with upside or decent role players. Next summer is the time to add stars when we have over 30 mil in expiring contracts. Gunsnewing, can you wait 12 months? Can you wait 12 minutes?
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/15/2004  11:22 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I is the premier outsider shooter in the NBA. He need not add rebounds to his "honey Do's". Shooters should shoot and be in position to shoot.

Spree was a slasher and a better rebounder. I think your missing him
Alan is 6'6 and very strong. He was never much of a guy to penetrate. I dont want my franchise max contract player to be just a jump shooter.

I cannot believe you are actually defending him and saying he does not need to add rebounds!! Are you kidding me? If you are ok with having him as just a jump shooter then more power to you. I want him to at least try and rebound which he never does. I dont miss Spree, I miss the fact that our franchise max-contract player is a 1-dimensional whimp who refuses to do anything else to help the team.

knee surgeries have been known to fix more things that cause more problems. If the percentage of them hurting more than helping was higher no sane person in world would allow a doctor to perform knee surgery. In fact, no sane Doctor in the world would perform knee surgery so please dont tell me knee surgeries hurt more often than they help.

Guns: Every single bad contract on the Knicks is some how related to Layden. What a bastard. I wonder if he will be a GM in the NBA again.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 07/15/2004 23:23:15]
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/16/2004  1:18 AM
Surgical procedures on the knee, like anything else, vary. Cartilage and ligament repairs, particularly if they are arthroscopic, are usually very successful, but that's not the type of surgery that Houston had. He had microfracture surgery to stimulate new cartilage growth. That is still a nascent procedure, and I don't believe there is a large body of data which demonstates that a successful outcome from the surgery is a predictable prognosis.
technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
7/16/2004  2:12 AM
Based on what I know about this procedure, this type of surgery is successful in promoting cartillage growth--- however, the new cartillage isn't really quite the same as the pre-existing tissue-- ie it's not as resilient.

Other players have had somewhat similar surgery (Kerry Kittles, Penny Hardaway)... and while rehab has been long, they've managed to return, albeit not quite the same as before.
Both of those guys were younger when they had the surgery, so it's a little different.

Houston is no spring chicken and perhaps he would have been better offer playing with the old pain.

Can the Knicks collect insurance on him if he's forced to retire?
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/16/2004  2:28 AM
I don't see why not.
How about dealing Houston immediately?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy