[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How about dealing Houston immediately?
Author Thread
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
7/14/2004  9:28 PM
I know his value is at an alltime low. But with Crawford coming, Houston should be going. We don't need him and need room for bringing a power forward or center in. How about Vlade Divac or Dale Davis. Old warriors who still know how to play the game. And get the Dampier deal done. Let's go Isiah, you are not allowed to sleep this time of year. Get on the phone.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
AUTOADVERT
kirkman
Member: #697
7/14/2004  10:24 PM
I don't think the reports on Houston are encouraging but they are mixed. NY times says Houston is ahead of schedule and Post or Daily news said his knee still hurt.
What GM, except our beloved Layden, would take an aging SG with 3 years and over 56 million in salary (17.9+19.1+20)left.

If JC isn't an option, what about Matt Carroll that kid had a nice stroke.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/14/2004  10:59 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

I know his value is at an alltime low. But with Crawford coming, Houston should be going. We don't need him and need room for bringing a power forward or center in. How about Vlade Divac or Dale Davis. Old warriors who still know how to play the game. And get the Dampier deal done. Let's go Isiah, you are not allowed to sleep this time of year. Get on the phone.

If you know about a team that will trade for Houston at this moment when his health is a question and his contract is a BIG reality, then send Isiah an e-mail with the information.

I know most of the fans want Houston gone because of his contract and his now injury problems but you have to realize that he is our problem now. If its difficult including Moochie and Anderson in a deal with the Bulls, imagine trading Houston. He will become tradeable once he is in his final year, but until then, its so imposible to move him that the best you can do is pray for him to be able to play again.
Knicks_Fan
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/14/2004  11:02 PM
Hes got 3.5 months to get ready. Already your burying him? You dump salary, you get more back, or get less talent back.

SO what if he needs even until the allstar game to get ready. Thats being real impatient man, give it time.

He'll pray until the docter or god gives him clearence!
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/15/2004  3:18 AM
I'm sure he'll be healthy in time. Should we get craw, Houston and marb could cur their minutes which would helpthem both recover (marb will be burnt by playing in the olympics)
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/15/2004  4:53 AM
Posted by Nalod:

Hes got 3.5 months to get ready. Already your burying him? You dump salary, you get more back, or get less talent back.

SO what if he needs even until the allstar game to get ready. Thats being real impatient man, give it time.

He'll pray until the docter or god gives him clearence!
He had 3.5 months already. Why did he not get the surgery done already? Because he thought just resting his knees would solve the problem?

Bottomline, the guy was supposed to get surgery when he got injuerd last year and whimped out. At first he though recovering from a surgery will take longer than just resting his knee. Now you say, "so what if it takes till the all-star break?"

So, if it takes till the allstar break, Houston will still re-injure his knee and miss the playoffs. Not only is he 1-dimensional SG refusing to do anything other than jumpshoot and get overpaid, he refuses to do what would have kept him healthy longer. He has to get surgery sooner or later! He should have done it when the injury happened. Now His knees are still sore.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
raven
Canada
7/15/2004  5:05 AM
knee surgeries seldom solve issues.

if I were him I wouldn't trust the knicks med staff. So many mistakes have already been made...
Silverfuel
USA
7/15/2004  5:21 AM
Posted by raven:

knee surgeries seldom solve issues.

if I were him I wouldn't trust the knicks med staff. So many mistakes have already been made...
Knee surgries do solve issues. They might not be able to for major career ending issues but they are definately better than resting your knee and praying for it to get fixed! I really hate Houston.

[Edited by - Silverfuel on 07/15/2004 06:47:53]
raven
Canada
7/15/2004  7:06 AM
last season he was back before getting hit on the knee.

That's why he wanted to give them some rest.

Should those knees be yours, I'm pretty sure you'd grateful to have patient people in front of you.

Those guys are highly paid superstars, but they're not freacking slaves that you can butcher at will.

No offense to you man, but sometimes, your posts puzzle me a bit.
Silverfuel
USA
7/15/2004  8:04 AM
You make it sound like I am asking him to chop some fingers off! I just wanted him to get sugery at the right time like it was suggested by the doctors. And if the surgery does not fix the injury then fine, he can sit on the bench but he is not doing that either!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/15/2004  9:49 AM
I could have seen San Antonio wanting Allan- especially when they couldn't buy an outside bucket against the Lakers and lost- not sure if they had the salary to come back to the Knicks.

A more realistic trade would involve the Knicks sending Allan Houston, Frank Williams & Michael Sweetney to the Celtics for Pierce & LaFrentz.

In terms of salary- its pretty even- the difference being Allan's contract escalates, then ends where LaFrentz is out more years.
Nalod
USA
7/15/2004  10:50 AM
Dr Silverfuel,

YOu a fan. Its ok to just want things to happen.

IN the end, Dices injury or reinjury was a freak. Detroit gave him a nice deal after having him really checked out again. It takes time.

He may not be the savior (dice) but remember he was just injured once when we got him. Hindsight 20-20 is easy.

Isiah is doing right by trying to get Craw to rotate H20 and Marbs. Injuries happen, and forcing players back makes them worse. Alan was never ready last year and forced himself three times to play. And he was asked to carry the team when he was on the floor pre-marbs.

They call it "practicing" medicine because its not an exact science. If you have three opinions and two say no surgery, you don't do it. Its always an option later on. Fans hate that stuff, but thats reality.

These guys get paid huge sums but will pay dearly in pain for the rest of their lives doing what they doing to their bodies. They SHOULD retire when they are done, but teams give out these long contracts and the money is not bad. Gonna walk away form 20million? Hell no!

I hope we get Craw and Allan can get the knee right. You assuming the worst will always happen. You might hate the dude, but its buisiness, and knees are a part of it.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/15/2004  11:30 AM
Allan & a future pick (or Frank) to the Kings for C-Webb?
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
USA
7/15/2004  11:49 AM

Allan is not going anywhere until he is in midseason form. Then we might not want to trade him, but we'll get no value in his current state. Same for Cwebb, he had no hop last year.

Sac won't do this unless they plan on moving either Cristie or Bobby Jax. Having Cristie and H20 on the same team would be obnoxious over the top God Loving boys on one team.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/15/2004  11:58 AM
It's not that I want the Knicks to have anything to do with Doug Christie (Although Jackson would be lovely) but I am so curious to see some of these famous whipped hand signals he makes to his wife during the game. If that boy isn't whipped, then I don't know who on Earth is.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Silverfuel
USA
7/15/2004  12:42 PM
Posted by Nalod:

These guys get paid huge sums but will pay dearly in pain for the rest of their lives doing what they doing to their bodies. They SHOULD retire when they are done, but teams give out these long contracts and the money is not bad. Gonna walk away form 20million? Hell no!
Everything else you said I agree with. My problem with him is not his contract. Its with Houston refusing to rebound and refusing to play defense. I remember him saying that it was not his game to rebound. He is a tall guy big dude. He can atleast try to pass the ball, play defense, drive more often, run better without the ball, get more rebounds and/or at least try to get rebounds.

This time my problem is with him saying a combination of things. He did not think surgery will help. He thought he was going to be ready. He said he would rest and all of the above. Hence, everytime his name is listed unless he does something good, I will tell everyone how much I hate him. Please trade him Zeke. Please!!
Nalod
USA
7/15/2004  2:49 PM
Alan is 6-6 and slender. He used to be decent at going to the hoop, but injury has slowed him down.

I is the premier outsider shooter in the NBA. He need not add rebounds to his "honey Do's". Shooters should shoot and be in position to shoot.

Spree was a slasher and a better rebounder. I think your missing him
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/15/2004  3:00 PM
the Mike Lupica article pretty much summed up how i've been feeling lately. 3 amazing players were out there in Shaq, kobe and Tracy and the knicks who play in "the world's famous arena" can't get any of the world'd greatest players thanks to the mess Layden put them in Thanks to Houston, Penny and Shandon
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
7/15/2004  7:56 PM
whether we choose to admit this or not, knee surgeries can either fix you up real nice and good, or do more damage. what houston was doing was giving his knees as much time as possible. whether it was too much time or not, who are we to say? but the fact stands that he chose to try to rehabilitate first. in that aspect, he should'nt be as fragile if anything were to happen.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/15/2004  8:21 PM
I've never seen any scientific evidence for this notion that some fans have that knee surgeries do damage. Houston probably wouldn't have been able to go in even 50 games last year if he hadn't had surgery last summer.
How about dealing Houston immediately?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy