[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Calderon is going to kill us
Author Thread
FireWoodson
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5899

10/8/2015  12:01 PM
Did you all see where three of his passes ended up?

- full court baseball pass...landed third row into stands
- cross court pass down low...landed fourth row into stands
- pass to Porz down low...over Porz's head (and remember Porz is over seven feet)...landed tenth row into stands

Thing is he was a top player. Loved the guy with the Mavs, always was in awe of his play in the international tournaments. Now he is throwing passes miles over the heads of seven foot guys!
What happened? What the hell happened?

AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
10/8/2015  12:10 PM
gunsnewing wrote:At least we got Shane Larkin & Early in the Tyson deal!

TURRIBLE trade.

Panos
Member: #520
10/8/2015  12:11 PM
fishmike wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
fishmike wrote:why do you feel the Knicks are in bed with this guy?

15mill over 2 years is why. Hopefully they can part ways sooner than later and get the Grant train going.

if we signed him I would agree. He was the cost of dumping Felton at the time. One more year after this one. Not a killer. He's there to be stable, facilitate and hit 3s. If he's not doing that the younger guys will get burn

Felton had a smaller contract in both money and years. How was that a dump?

Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

10/8/2015  12:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  12:24 PM
FireWoodson wrote:Did you all see where three of his passes ended up?

- full court baseball pass...landed third row into stands
- cross court pass down low...landed fourth row into stands
- pass to Porz down low...over Porz's head (and remember Porz is over seven feet)...landed tenth row into stands

Thing is he was a top player. Loved the guy with the Mavs, always was in awe of his play in the international tournaments. Now he is throwing passes miles over the heads of seven foot guys!
What happened? What the hell happened?

This is the biggest surprise disappointment outta Calderon that I've seen -- his carelessness with the ball, specifically his sloppy passes. And this wasn't just last night--this goes back to several instances last year. I mean what's the point even continuing with this guy if we can't even trust him to take care of the damn ball? Very surprising for a vet PG with his level of experience. Combine that with the lousy defense, the fact that he just looks past his prime in just about every facet out there -- I'm done with this guy. He's backup material all the way now...more like 3rd string PG or out of the league status. I'd much rather see Travis Trice play to be perfectly honest with you. If we can't come up with a trade somewhere along the way, this dude's a mandatory buyout candidate during the offseason. No need to even think twice about it.

JrZyHuStLa
Member: #1241

10/8/2015  12:42 PM
an NBA point guard who can't pass a basketball.

Enter Jose Calderon.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

10/8/2015  12:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  12:48 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Ive been saying it for 9 months. He's the Achilles heal here. Ill take my chances with Langston Grant Affalo

Over react much?? It's the first game of Oct and a game that means nothing against players that won't ever be in the NBA. The guy hasn't played in a game in over a year. Calderon will be used sparingly and to run the team like a true PG does when he's on the floor. His stats won't matter cause it's his brain he'll be using when he's on the floor like a true PG does. How's a guy that won't even be used too much and when is used it will only be to run the offense going to kill this team?? GEESH.

callmened
Member: #4234

10/8/2015  12:58 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Ive been saying it for 9 months. He's the Achilles heal here. Ill take my chances with Langston Grant Affalo

yeah his defense is just horrible

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/8/2015  1:06 PM
Calderon seemed to lose his talent over night- went from playing great in the mavs vs spurs series, to complete crap in the summer world games in Spain- has sucked ever since. I hope he at least regains his shooting, we play him 2omins a game and trade him at the deadline to Utah.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2015  1:12 PM
Jose was distracted by Coach Fishers recent skirmish!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/8/2015  1:12 PM
His defense is awful. I think his offense will come around and he'll be a sort of steadying influence on the team, hopefully in limited minutes. But those passes were just rust last night.

Though Grant and Galloway look great together and should easily be playing 24-30 minutes a night each.

I think we will see many nights were Grant or Galloway play more minutes than Calderon and finish down the stretch.

Not too worried. If Jose is truly done, they can even stretch him or do a buyout.

The thing to be excited about is that Grant looks like the real deal and Galloway is still working hard and improving and they look good together.

¿ △ ?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/8/2015  1:20 PM
Nalod wrote:Jose was distracted by Coach Fishers recent skirmish!

LOL

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/8/2015  1:25 PM
IDK, phil has a lot of faith in his abilities, and as we all saw, he wouldn't hesitate to get rid of him for a 2nd rounder if it didn't seem to have a positive impact.

I think he's timing is off from not playing that much in the last 12 months, not to mention new teammates I'm willing to give him a thoro look before making any trade, unless someone comes knocking with a "can't miss" trade offer

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/8/2015  1:28 PM
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Nalod wrote:FIrst game he played in since March. Relax.
If he sux he sits. If coaches think he can get better with more time, he'll play.

Not worried, he'll be injured again by the regular season so, nothing to worry about

WE have a rookie groomed to take his place. Im not losing sleep.

Yeah it's only a matter of time. Grant and Gallo or G2 as someone coined them, looked great. That's a great sign for this team. We need them to keeps this up and they will eventually take over the minutes at guard.

You can't bank on a rookie not hitting the wall by all star break. I just don't think too many rookies can adjust to the schedule in season 1

ES
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/8/2015  1:42 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Rookie wrote:
Nalod wrote:FIrst game he played in since March. Relax.
If he sux he sits. If coaches think he can get better with more time, he'll play.

Not worried, he'll be injured again by the regular season so, nothing to worry about

WE have a rookie groomed to take his place. Im not losing sleep.

Yeah it's only a matter of time. Grant and Gallo or G2 as someone coined them, looked great. That's a great sign for this team. We need them to keeps this up and they will eventually take over the minutes at guard.

You can't bank on a rookie not hitting the wall by all star break. I just don't think too many rookies can adjust to the schedule in season 1

We have enough depth to help the kid out plus not all rookies have severe issues with the 1st NBA season. It's something to watch out for but you can't be scared to play a kid who is obviously the most talented guard you have. If he was our top 4 pick we wouldn't be talking about rookie walls. Jerian is a conserver. He's not DRose!!! He picks his spots where he decides to use his energy. He's more like Mark Jackson in terms of how he plays with his head more than his body.

Mark Jackson Rookie Year
Season Age Tm Lg Pos G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
1987-88 22 NYK NBA PG 82 80 39.6 5.3 12.4 .432 0.4 1.5 .254 5.0 10.8 .458 .448 2.5 3.2 .774 1.5 3.4 4.8 10.6 2.5 0.1 3.1 3.0 13.6

Jerian is gonna be 23 when the season starts and he knows from his relatives about the long season. I think he's gonna handle it very well. He's got a very even keeled demeanor and some tried to tell me that he wasn't really ready to be a starter but I think he's our best option.

FireWoodson
Member: #5899

10/8/2015  1:49 PM
Finestrg wrote:This is the biggest surprise disappointment outta Calderon that I've seen -- his carelessness with the ball, specifically his sloppy passes. And this wasn't just last night--this goes back to several instances last year. What's the point even continuing with this guy if we can't even trust him to take care of the damn ball?

Combine that with the lousy defense, the fact that he just looks past his prime in just about every facet out there -- .

He's backup material all the way now...more like 3rd string PG or out of the league status.

Perfect post.

Our point guard should go back to playing tennis.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/8/2015  2:00 PM
Yea Calderon is not even 3rd string at this stage nevermind backup PG for 20mins. You play him they many minutes and you will pay. He is more like 4th or 5th string. Maybe he can go play in whatever league Felton was banished to
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/8/2015  2:07 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:

Over react much?? It's the first game of Oct and a game that means nothing against players that won't ever be in the NBA. The guy hasn't played in a game in over a year. Calderon will be used sparingly and to run the team like a true PG does when he's on the floor. His stats won't matter cause it's his brain he'll be using when he's on the floor like a true PG does. How's a guy that won't even be used too much and when is used it will only be to run the offense going to kill this team?? GEESH.

Having Jose Calderon start the game for us will set the table to be a net negative on defense every game. That is a big deal

RIP Crushalot😞
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/8/2015  2:40 PM

I 100 percent agree... I'm hoping a team has a major pg issue and we can talk them into taking him on ... Grant is head over heels better. Jose is a 3rd pg now or a back up 2 at this point in his career

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/8/2015  2:42 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:

Having Jose Calderon start the game for us will set the table to be a net negative on defense every game. That is a big deal

IF ...Jose remains the starter, which is yet to be determined whether he will keep the job. It's not that hard to understand that they are still reviewing starting spots and that Jose's spot isn't guaranteed just like KP's isn't guaranteed. Goodness knows that Sasha isn't a lock to stay in the SL.
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/8/2015  2:50 PM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Surprised that he did not come to the pre-season in better shape- the best shape of his life, in fact.

You have the young kid, KP, probably going too hard to get in shape and impress, and you have the old vet who, instead of coming into camp in great shape to give and old dog an edge, seems like he is going to use pre-season to play himself into shape. They also talked about Galloway adding some muscle, even though he already had a good body for his position, IMO.

Big difference, IMO. Being 100% OK to go is one thing...being in superior physical condition is an entirely different situation, and I saw no indication of any kind of attention to re-sculpting his body. You looked at one of the older guys on the team we played yesterday- think his name was Garcia- and then you looked at Calderon...told you a lot about dedication, I think.

Don't understand where Calderon is coming from, and what he thinks his role on the team is. With Galloway and Grant on the team, he had to think he was going to be in a fight for playing time...does not seem that he cared, though.

KP is out of shape...I don't understand people talking about he is up at 6:45 and the first one at the gym and he can't play 20 mins of a game??..Same like the Summer league..

Not sure if this is supposed to be green front, but in the event it isn't:
KP has been adding weight. To do that he probably was focusing on the weight room. Then to add weight and come and start playing is a tough thing. The body is not ready for that and it takes time. Luckily it doesn't look like his shot was affected, still wet.

You do realize he has heart and has played 3 years of professional ball? I really don't understand your comment, almost like suddenly you are saying he doesn't care.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Calderon is going to kill us

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy