[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Calderon is going to kill us
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/8/2015  10:07 AM
Ive been saying it for 9 months. He's the Achilles heal here. Ill take my chances with Langston Grant Affalo
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/8/2015  10:22 AM
For once, I agree with Briggs.

I thought we could bide some time, but the way he moved out there, reminded me of folks at a retirement home.

Dude's just toast, shot, done, ghost, RIP, arriverderci, AUDI 5000, peace see ya later. He will dig the Knicks into infinite first quarter holes with his lack of penetration and lack of anything remotely resembling defense.

If he can't look even adequate against Bauru Brazil, how will he look against NBA comp.

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/8/2015  10:28 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Ive been saying it for 9 months. He's the Achilles heal here. Ill take my chances with Langston Grant Affalo

I wouldn't get overly panicked about the situation. Jose is going to play! He may not play major minutes anymore tho. In fact I think it would be best to limit Jose's minutes as much as possible this year. The only thing Fish needs to see is that Jerian and Gallo can handle the bigger role and i'm positive that he will play them more than Jose. Besides Jose actually was playing hard on D last night. Hard for him anyway. LOL! Jose's gonna get beat just as MOST PG's get beat.
My guess is that he'll see his minutes significantly reduced this year. He's a backup PG now.

This is Jerian's team. It's only a matter of time before he takes the job. He's clearly so much better than Jose at this stage! Both Jerian and Gallo looked strong last night. If there's something to talk about it's how good they looked.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
He didnt have a good game. He brings things to the table, if they dont translate to wins why do you feel the Knicks are in bed with this guy? Grant looked much better anyway. Lets see where we are in a month from now.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
Surprise... Or is it?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
mreinman
Member: #3189

10/8/2015  10:30 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:For once, I agree with Briggs.

I thought we could bide some time, but the way he moved out there, reminded me of folks at a retirement home.

Dude's just toast, shot, done, ghost, RIP, arriverderci, AUDI 5000, peace see ya later. He will dig the Knicks into infinite first quarter holes with his lack of penetration and lack of anything remotely resembling defense.

If he can't look even adequate against Bauru Brazil, how will he look against NBA comp.

thats like agreeing to a guy saying that Phil Jackson is a white guy.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/8/2015  10:31 AM
fishmike wrote:why do you feel the Knicks are in bed with this guy?

15mill over 2 years is why. Hopefully they can part ways sooner than later and get the Grant train going.

nixluva
USA
10/8/2015  10:44 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:

15mill over 2 years is why. Hopefully they can part ways sooner than later and get the Grant train going.

Jerian was drafted to be the heir to the PG role but they have to play this out and let him take the job.

holfresh
Member: #1081

10/8/2015  10:46 AM
Calderon is terrible..We have to run him out there long enough for him to get a rhythm..Hopefully some team can add him to help their run to the Finals..
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/8/2015  11:07 AM
Surprised that he did not come to the pre-season in better shape- the best shape of his life, in fact.

You have the young kid, KP, probably going too hard to get in shape and impress, and you have the old vet who, instead of coming into camp in great shape to give and old dog an edge, seems like he is going to use pre-season to play himself into shape. They also talked about Galloway adding some muscle, even though he already had a good body for his position, IMO.

Big difference, IMO. Being 100% OK to go is one thing...being in superior physical condition is an entirely different situation, and I saw no indication of any kind of attention to re-sculpting his body. You looked at one of the older guys on the team we played yesterday- think his name was Garcia- and then you looked at Calderon...told you a lot about dedication, I think.

Don't understand where Calderon is coming from, and what he thinks his role on the team is. With Galloway and Grant on the team, he had to think he was going to be in a fight for playing time...does not seem that he cared, though.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/8/2015  11:11 AM
At least we got Shane Larkin & Early in the Tyson deal!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2015  11:11 AM
FIrst game he played in since March. Relax.
If he sux he sits. If coaches think he can get better with more time, he'll play.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

10/8/2015  11:14 AM
Nalod wrote:FIrst game he played in since March. Relax.
If he sux he sits. If coaches think he can get better with more time, he'll play.

Not worried, he'll be injured again by the regular season so, nothing to worry about

BRIGGS
Member: #303
10/8/2015  11:22 AM
Rookie wrote:

Not worried, he'll be injured again by the regular season so, nothing to worry about

Maybe he'll injure his eyebrows--the potential is there.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/8/2015  11:25 AM
Rookie wrote:

WE have a rookie groomed to take his place. Im not losing sleep.

nixluva
USA
10/8/2015  11:28 AM
Nalod wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Yeah it's only a matter of time. Grant and Gallo or G2 as someone coined them, looked great. That's a great sign for this team. We need them to keeps this up and they will eventually take over the minutes at guard.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

10/8/2015  11:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  11:43 AM
Nalod wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Grant looks like he is going to be ready for the season and the long haul. Finally we have a legitimate PG in the pipeline, but we need one more and his initials aren't JC. Would love to see us add a PG with speed who can run up tempo with the 2nd unit.

holfresh
Member: #1081

10/8/2015  11:47 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:Surprised that he did not come to the pre-season in better shape- the best shape of his life, in fact.

You have the young kid, KP, probably going too hard to get in shape and impress, and you have the old vet who, instead of coming into camp in great shape to give and old dog an edge, seems like he is going to use pre-season to play himself into shape. They also talked about Galloway adding some muscle, even though he already had a good body for his position, IMO.

Big difference, IMO. Being 100% OK to go is one thing...being in superior physical condition is an entirely different situation, and I saw no indication of any kind of attention to re-sculpting his body. You looked at one of the older guys on the team we played yesterday- think his name was Garcia- and then you looked at Calderon...told you a lot about dedication, I think.

Don't understand where Calderon is coming from, and what he thinks his role on the team is. With Galloway and Grant on the team, he had to think he was going to be in a fight for playing time...does not seem that he cared, though.

KP is out of shape...I don't understand people talking about he is up at 6:45 and the first one at the gym and he can't play 20 mins of a game??..Same like the Summer league..
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/8/2015  11:48 AM
BRIGGS wrote:Ive been saying it for 9 months. He's the Achilles heal here. Ill take my chances with Langston Grant Affalo

He didn't look good and while I'm basically in agreement with you --- it is early Oct and last night was his 1st game since March.

The Knicks should be scouring NBA rosters and watching CAMP cuts very closely for athletic pg types.

I also prefer either Grant/Langston over Calderon at this point -- simply for athleticism/defense/rebounding benefits but I think we continue to push forward with Calderon with the hopes of boosting his value for the trade deadline.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/8/2015  11:53 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:

if we signed him I would agree. He was the cost of dumping Felton at the time. One more year after this one. Not a killer. He's there to be stable, facilitate and hit 3s. If he's not doing that the younger guys will get burn
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Calderon is going to kill us

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy