[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Matt Barnes attacks Knicks coach Fisher for dating ex-wife..
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/7/2015  9:21 PM
mreinman wrote:
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Would this be less of a problem if it happen with some other random ex husband that was not an nba player? Also, if they had the weekend off who cares if it was a 5 he drive to Buffalo or a 5 hr flight to LA.

you don't think this will be an issue and a distraction?

Distraction how? Is it going to disrupt his coaching. Is he going to stay up at night worrying now.? I doubt it.

Also, for people saying they were likely friends, not every teammates are friends with each other. They could have had a working relationship and that's it. Honestly, how many seasons did they even play together?

distraction because that is all reporters are going to want to talk about.

I think if you play in NY you are used to that. It seems like the Kidd dwi/car wreck was forgotten about very quickly and didn't impact the season a couple of years ago.

he wasn't the coach of the knicks. Well at least not officially.

please let me know how you think that will make a difference

it will be a distraction if they start off losing and this story does not go away.

Melo going on vacation with his family during the summer league was a much bigger deal.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/7/2015  9:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2015  10:00 PM
you can't mess with your man's X,
ES
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

10/7/2015  9:59 PM
Not a good look
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/7/2015  10:08 PM
This is not a big deal.
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/7/2015  10:52 PM
Poor judgement..A guy of Fisher's stature doesn't need a reality show babe who happens to be an ex teammates wife..
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
10/7/2015  11:36 PM
fisher clearly looking to have a little fun. i don't get why people are saying this will be a distraction to the team though. if anything, it shows that poor judgement by fisher and i thought judgement/character was a strength of his. kinda hard to analyze this from afar though, who knows what kind of history the two had in the past. barnes is a nut though.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/7/2015  11:37 PM
Does this sound weird to anyone.... Fish is laying low after visiting his kids, has dinner with someone who he undoubtedly knew, was out at a public outing and gets attacked, and by all accounts BRIGGS wants him fired, Isola says he should be held accountable (WTF does that mean BTW, Isola never explains what Fish should do and who should hold him accountable and what the accountability amounts to), others are accusing him of getting down with another man's woman - and people have less to say about what Matt Barnes did and how HE should be judged.

Fish definitely playing with fire at worst, wrong place at wrong time at the very least, but that's the extent of what he did wrong, correct? And for this, the over the top reaction about back page high school gossip?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
mreinman
Member: #3189

10/7/2015  11:40 PM
martin wrote:Does this sound weird to anyone.... Fish is laying low after visiting his kids, has dinner with someone who he undoubtedly knew, was out at a public outing and gets attacked, and by all accounts BRIGGS wants him fired, Isola says he should be held accountable (WTF does that mean BTW, Isola never explains what Fish should do and who should hold him accountable and what the accountability amounts to), others are accusing him of getting down with another man's woman - and people have less to say about what Matt Barnes did and how HE should be judged.

Fish definitely playing with fire at worst, wrong place at wrong time at the very least, but that's the extent of what he did wrong, correct? And for this, the over the top reaction about back page high school gossip?

you are assuming that this is all over and there are no more juicy tidbits that will emerge over the next few days.

And, I would hope that we would have a coach that chose a classier woman and not a reality star.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/7/2015  11:44 PM
mreinman wrote:
martin wrote:Does this sound weird to anyone.... Fish is laying low after visiting his kids, has dinner with someone who he undoubtedly knew, was out at a public outing and gets attacked, and by all accounts BRIGGS wants him fired, Isola says he should be held accountable (WTF does that mean BTW, Isola never explains what Fish should do and who should hold him accountable and what the accountability amounts to), others are accusing him of getting down with another man's woman - and people have less to say about what Matt Barnes did and how HE should be judged.

you are assuming that this is all over and there are no more juicy tidbits that will emerge over the next few days.

And, I would hope that we would have a coach that chose a classier woman and not a reality star.

I am not assuming anything, you are assuming there are more juicy tidbits.

Here is what has been "reported": He was in LA to see his kids. He was at an outing with multiple people, it is reported that he dating Matt Barnes ex (what does that mean?), it was her home. Fish was attacked by Matt Barnes.

I mean, this is also a likely scenario, right: "Fish, got some time before your flight, wanna have dinner? Some friends are coming over" "Sure, gotta kill time anyway"

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/7/2015  11:56 PM

Barnes is 34. You would think he'd be past this kind of teenage reaction. Dude was 95 miles away and obviously got a text or call from someone at the gathering, which is another troubling aspect of this whole thing. Barnes is the one who separated from her because he couldn't trust her anymore. Apparently she forged his name on a loan document. This could be some long standing beef with Fisher.

In the end Fisher and Govan are adults and separated from their former spouses. They have the right to date whoever they want.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/8/2015  12:23 AM
Looks like Fisher is a real man with real issues as many other people.
Do you think that Knicks coach must be some robot or monk or saint?
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/8/2015  12:33 AM
Maybe Fisher was cooking on Barnes' outdoor grill. I'm a vegetarian, but I hear that carnivores are very protective of their expensive gas grills and who can cook on them.

Surprised at Briggs' reaction...even more so with Isola, who must have been inspired to get on his moral high horse by the Pope's visit.

Maybe I'll feel differently if something else comes out, but I don't see this affair as being overly newsworthy, except in the gossip column.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh

10/8/2015  12:51 AM
Apparently, Barnes and Govan sre still married..They are separated..She is 45 and he is 35..
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/8/2015  1:39 AM
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Here is what has been "reported": He was in LA to see his kids. He was at an outing with multiple people, it is reported that he dating Matt Barnes ex (what does that mean?), it was her home. Fish was attacked by Matt Barnes.

I mean, this is also a likely scenario, right: "Fish, got some time before your flight, wanna have dinner? Some friends are coming over" "Sure, gotta kill time anyway"

Either barnes is completely stupid, a jelous maniac, or there's gotta be more to the story, You dont drive a 100 miles to fight a suppose friend for hanging with your x wife.

ES
holfresh

10/8/2015  7:12 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Either barnes is completely stupid, a jelous maniac, or there's gotta be more to the story, You dont drive a 100 miles to fight a suppose friend for hanging with your x wife.

They are still married..

holfresh

10/8/2015  7:13 AM
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/8/2015  8:21 AM
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:

UK posters only need 8% of the story to be 100% in their convictions.

They are done. Getting divorced. It is no longer Matt Barnes place of living. Playing with fire? Low class? Can someone show me the guidelines for dating women who are divorced or will be there soon? Isnt Barne's wife now single because of Barnes being a scumbag?

So what? She can date but not any one affliated with the NBA? This is stupid, and its also normal. They are two single people who are divorced (or getting) and know each other. When that happens those people often reach out to each other. Sorry Matt.. are you going to punch everyone your ex dates? Guy publicly says he's messing around with Rhianna and Fisher is a lowlife? Not sure I really understand the logic here.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/8/2015  8:30 AM
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:

They are still married..

It's a guy code. You don't mess with a friends ex wife.... period.

You have to take into consideration that these guys were teammates and very close. I'm sure Fisher and his wife shared time with Barnes and his wife while they were on the Lakers. Now Fisher is dating his ex wife?

Also, Govans house is Barnes house. You sleeping with my soon to be ex wife in my house with my kids around?

If Fisher was any other dude it wouldn't faze Barnes. Fisher is in direct violation and needed his jaw cracked. Barnes is crazy but he's a loyal dude and don't take **** from anybody. Gotta respect that.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
holfresh

10/8/2015  8:31 AM
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:

UK posters only need 8% of the story to be 100% in their convictions.

They are done. Getting divorced. It is no longer Matt Barnes place of living. Playing with fire? Low class? Can someone show me the guidelines for dating women who are divorced or will be there soon? Isnt Barne's wife now single because of Barnes being a scumbag?

So what? She can date but not any one affliated with the NBA? This is stupid, and its also normal. They are two single people who are divorced (or getting) and know each other. When that happens those people often reach out to each other. Sorry Matt.. are you going to punch everyone your ex dates? Guy publicly says he's messing around with Rhianna and Fisher is a lowlife? Not sure I really understand the logic here.

Come on, you have to at least see why Barnes would get riled up...If he is still married to her and not yet divorced. His name is still on the deed of the house and an ex-teammate is there around your kids and tapping your wife??..Come on, You are asking a bit much of him to take the high road...
holfresh

10/8/2015  8:33 AM
EnySpree wrote:
holfresh wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
mreinman wrote:

They are still married..

It's a guy code. You don't mess with a friends ex wife.... period.

You have to take into consideration that these guys were teammates and very close. I'm sure Fisher and his wife shared time with Barnes and his wife while they were on the Lakers. Now Fisher is dating his ex wife?

Also, Govans house is Barnes house. You sleeping with my soon to be ex wife in my house with my kids around?

If Fisher was any other dude it wouldn't faze Barnes. Fisher is in direct violation and needed his jaw cracked. Barnes is crazy but he's a loyal dude and don't take **** from anybody. Gotta respect that.

Exactly...Ex- teammate is in your house with your kids tapping your wife or soon to be ex..Come on..

Matt Barnes attacks Knicks coach Fisher for dating ex-wife..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy