[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Matt Barnes attacks Knicks coach Fisher for dating ex-wife..
Page 1 of 9  1  2  3 NextLast »
Topic LOCKED
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

10/7/2015  4:31 PM
http://nypost.com/2015/10/07/matt-barnes-attacks-knicks-coach-fisher-for-dating-ex-wife/

Matt Barnes with then wife Gloria Govan and Knicks coach Derek Fisher.

Knicks coach Derek Fisher ​is involved in a romantic relationship with the estranged wife of his former teammate Matt Barnes — and when Barnes found out over the weekend, he allegedly attacked Fisher, sources tell Page Six.

Sources said Fisher was at the LA home of Gloria Govan — Barnes’ estranged wife​,​ who stars on “Basketball Wives LA” — on Saturday. Fisher and Govan have been dating for “a few months,” a source said, after Fisher filed to divorce his wife of 10 years, Candace, in March.

But when Barnes learned that Fisher was at his former home with Gloria, he drove 95 miles to LA to “beat the s–t” out of Fisher, sources said.

“Derek was in Gloria’s back yard with about 10 people having a bonfire on ​​Saturday,” said a source. “Derek’s separated from his wife and there’s a relationship with [Gloria].”

The source added, “Barnes was in Santa Barbara [at Memphis Grizzlies training camp] and heard that Fisher was in his house. He went crazy. He got in his car and went to the house and went after Fisher.”

Another source said, “Someone told Matt that Fisher was at the house and he drove down there — he went over to confront Derek.”

​A source close to Fisher ​confirmed the fight but said, “Matt came after Derek but he only had a few scratches … Derek’s not going to press charges, he’s going to let it go.”

Fisher left the scene before cops arrived, and we hear that Govan’s planning to file a restraining order.

Another source said that the altercation was the reason Fisher missed Knicks practice on Monday — but others said that he had been traveling back to New York on Sunday and was delayed because of plane trouble. The Knicks tweeted on Monday that Fisher was “not at practice due to personal reasons — expected back tomorrow.” He was in LA visiting his kids. ​​

Barnes — who played with Fisher on the Lakers — made headlines recently when he told TMZ that he and pop star Rihanna were “just past the crush stage,” and Rihanna fired back that she’d never met the player.

Barnes has had trouble with the law in the past: He was arrested in 2010 on suspicion of domestic violence but he disputed the charges, and again in 2012 on a misdemeanor traffic warrant.

Govan said this year of her impending divorce from Barnes: “Matt and I were together for eight years. And I think the course of our relationship is just due to evolution. We’re always gonna be good friends. Obviously we have kids together.”

A Knicks rep ​declined comment. A Grizzlies rep did not immediately ​return a call for comment. Govan’s agent, David Arrigotti, had no comment, and her publicist did not immediately return calls.

AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/7/2015  4:33 PM
perfect!

this is the distraction that we needed to start the season.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/7/2015  4:36 PM
There's no such thing as a quiet off season with this team lol
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
10/7/2015  4:42 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:There's no such thing as a quiet off season with this team lol

So close! We were just from actual basketball!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2015  4:48 PM
Barnes is an ass. As long as Derek is separated, as is Barnes ex then WTF is wrong with him. OK for him to date but not her?
Barnes just seems to have problems with lots of people and his is very public about it.

Derek needs to stay away from ATtention reality TV sluts, they are just trouble. "Distractions" are a part of life.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/7/2015  5:02 PM
Nalod wrote:Barnes is an ass. As long as Derek is separated, as is Barnes ex then WTF is wrong with him. OK for him to date but not her?
Barnes just seems to have problems with lots of people and his is very public about it.

Derek needs to stay away from ATtention reality TV sluts, they are just trouble. "Distractions" are a part of life.

I agree. Barnes was clearly in the wrong here and his reputation speaks for itself. That being said, Fisher needs to understand the drama that comes with dating these types of women. For all we know, she probably set this up, and we will be seeing this on VH1 in 6 months. Fisher should know how to prevent this type of situation better. It's really not that hard.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

10/7/2015  5:03 PM
Nalod wrote:Barnes is an ass. As long as Derek is separated, as is Barnes ex then WTF is wrong with him. OK for him to date but not her?

Not saying Barnes is right, but I can understand. Coach is smashing his ex-wife, spilling Dom Perignon on the carpets and bed he paid for. That would make a lot of dudes go crazy and Barnes already toes that line anyway. Coach should have steered clear.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/7/2015  5:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2015  5:09 PM
We got rid of the renegade players to find a renegade coach. Great timing.

Lesson Fischer--don't fck your friends wife's ex or not. VERY low class.

You should be fired for causing a problem before the season starts.

There are millions of women in the world--this guy is a multi millionaire ex basketball player--could have his pick. His fault and its really bad. Isiah 2.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/7/2015  5:08 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Not saying Barnes is right, but I can understand. Coach is smashing his ex-wife, spilling Dom Perignon on the carpets and bed he paid for. That would make a lot of dudes go crazy and Barnes already toes that line anyway. Coach should have steered clear.

This stuff is not basketball related so its just nonsense. Barnes is a hot head. If you love the women stay with her. If not then let her live her own life.

Rihanna just mess with mans mind!!! JR done gone crazy with that ass, and Barnes just talking the fool with that!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/7/2015  5:14 PM
No matter what type of ahole Barnes actually is, one would have hoped that Fisher was smarter than this.

Hope he doesn't start spilling Pepsi on the court tonight...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/7/2015  5:24 PM
I can understand being pissed off about something like that but in the end if you're divorcing and aren't in a relationship anymore... I would suppose that Barnes is also free to date whoever he wants, so why can't she? It's an ego thing. Barnes is clearly not over her or else why should he care who she's with? Plus how angry and out of control do you have to be to drive 95 miles and not have second thoughts about attacking another man? Dude is out of his mind.

Also who is the snitch that called Barnes? Does he have spies watching his ex wife's every move? I'm disappointed in Fish too. Fish should know that there's a chance that in Barnes mind he's an ex teammate messing with his estranged wife. That can be real sensitive. Barnes may not even still be in love with his wife but just the thought of Fish touching his estranged wife might've been too much.

Barnes found Fisher in the backyard with Gloria and family members, and the altercation escalated from there, into the kitchen and then the home’s front room, one witness said.

I can't believe how things always seem to happen with this franchise. It's simply amazing.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/7/2015  5:46 PM
He is a bit suspect as a coach already. He had to go all the way to LA to chase his ex teammates wife? Not a good look for Fisher. In my opinion his biggest strength was his character.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/7/2015  5:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:He is a bit suspect as a coach already. He had to go all the way to LA to chase his ex teammates wife? Not a good look for Fisher. In my opinion his biggest strength was his character.

From article: He was in LA to visit his kids.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
USA
10/7/2015  5:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2015  5:51 PM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:He is a bit suspect as a coach already. He had to go all the way to LA to chase his ex teammates wife? Not a good look for Fisher. In my opinion his biggest strength was his character.

From article: He was in LA to visit his kids.

Oh. Missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/7/2015  5:55 PM
BRIGGS wrote:We got rid of the renegade players to find a renegade coach. Great timing.

There are millions of women in the world--this guy is a multi millionaire ex basketball player--could have his pick. His fault and its really bad. Isiah 2.

you know nothing about this and you want to fire him and then compare to Isiah? Do you hold yourself to the same standard?

It's seems to me to not be the best decision to want to involve yourself with a reality queen type woman, especially an ex-teammate, ex-wife scenario... but so far all we know is backyard bbq type setting with a friends and family setting?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/7/2015  6:04 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:We got rid of the renegade players to find a renegade coach. Great timing.

you know nothing about this and you want to fire him and then compare to Isiah? Do you hold yourself to the same standard?

It's seems to me to not be the best decision to want to involve yourself with a reality queen type woman, especially an ex-teammate, ex-wife scenario... but so far all we know is backyard bbq type setting with a friends and family setting?

I dont think he should be fired, but definitely talked to as it is not a good look.

mreinman

10/7/2015  6:06 PM
knickscity wrote:
martin wrote:

I dont think he should be fired, but definitely talked to as it is not a good look.

not sure that he can get passed this distraction. Every reporter is gonna drill him on a daily basis. The pressure is going to be immense.

I have a feeling that he does not make it through the season. He better get out of the gate quick.

CrushAlot
USA
10/7/2015  6:08 PM
martin wrote:

The source for the Post says they have been dating for several months but it is a source for the Post.
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/7/2015  6:09 PM
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
martin wrote:

not sure that he can get passed this distraction. Every reporter is gonna drill him on a daily basis. The pressure is going to be immense.

I have a feeling that he does not make it through the season. He better get out of the gate quick.

yeah, and it's unfortunate. As a fan I want to see if the team actually can play, a distraction stemming from your coach is rather bad, and it lays a ton of ready made excuses.
mreinman

10/7/2015  6:11 PM
knickscity wrote:
mreinman wrote:
knickscity wrote:
martin wrote:

yeah, and it's unfortunate. As a fan I want to see if the team actually can play, a distraction stemming from your coach is rather bad, and it lays a ton of ready made excuses.

there are always a ton of built in excuses ... thats why its no biggie for diehards to predict 45 wins :-)

Page 1 of 9  1  2  3 NextLast »
Topic LOCKED
Matt Barnes attacks Knicks coach Fisher for dating ex-wife..

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy