[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

4/10/2016  5:34 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sources say Morey, whose contract runs through the 2017-18 season, ‎also faces some uncertainty in the wake of the Rockets' struggles. Morey's ever-bold approach to roster assembly won deserved kudos for bringing Harden (October 2012) and Howard (July 2013) to Houston in quick succession, but team chemistry has been a rising concern this season given the well-chronicled deterioration of the Harden-Howard relationship and the failed offseason gamble on guard Ty Lawson.

"You're asking the wrong guy about that," Morey told ESPN in a recent interview when asked about his job security. "That's Mr. Alexander's choice and all I do is my job every day. He makes that call."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15170554/houston-rockets-gm-daryl-morey-coach-jb-bickerstaff-evaluated-season

you seem to care a totally more about hinkie and morey than others.

There is a guy who posts on Clutchfans (Cyrex), who gets inside scoops and breaks stories about the rockets. He posted in early november that Les Alexander wasn't happy and that Morey was on the hot seat. This guy has always had good, insider info so I have been following Morey more closely this year.

Don't take what mreinman says to heart- he was one of the biggest Hinkie and Morey obsessives, but now they are failing he's pretending that he wasn't particularly in to them

I am into experiments. The Hinkie one was a good one though it could have been done a bit better but nobody ever does anything perfect the first time.

As far as Morey, what morey move did I like other than Harden? He has made mostly questionable moves though his shot charting is quite impressive but they don't need him to play GM to do that for them.

I love posters who see black and white puppets LMAO

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
mreinman

4/10/2016  6:08 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sources say Morey, whose contract runs through the 2017-18 season, ‎also faces some uncertainty in the wake of the Rockets' struggles. Morey's ever-bold approach to roster assembly won deserved kudos for bringing Harden (October 2012) and Howard (July 2013) to Houston in quick succession, but team chemistry has been a rising concern this season given the well-chronicled deterioration of the Harden-Howard relationship and the failed offseason gamble on guard Ty Lawson.

"You're asking the wrong guy about that," Morey told ESPN in a recent interview when asked about his job security. "That's Mr. Alexander's choice and all I do is my job every day. He makes that call."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15170554/houston-rockets-gm-daryl-morey-coach-jb-bickerstaff-evaluated-season

I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that have become cult heroes to some fans. Personally, I always like to go after cult heroes who seem to feel that they are totally above conventional wisdom and believe they should never be be criticized.

You read a pompous resignation letter like Hikie's (Which should not have been released to the press-whoever leaked it should be outed and humiliated, IMO.) and you get a sense that he almost feels he is above criticism by we mere mortals.

Go to the RealGM Philly thread and see how Sixers fans deal with anyone who says anything negative about Hinkie and the "Process."

Anyone saying things critical of Hinkie gets attacked...even if they make rational and respectful posts. Some react like you're attacking their mother, or some religious figure.

The real issue, IMO, has to do with guys who don't seem to understand that metrics based team building does not always translate into a good team on the floor...and

...the fact that simply having a lot of high draft picks doesn't mean you'll make the correct picks. Minnesota's Kahn was proof of this a few years ago, and Hinkie seems to be in the same category.

the philly fans just don't like when people knock "the process" with mostly baseless arguments. Compiling picks is crucial. Executing them properly is in some ways skill but probably mostly luck. They have not gotten lucky with their picks though taking Ok4 was a no brainer and what every GM would have done. Its complete disingenuous BS to say otherwise.

MCW won rookie of the year and he was pick 11. Bad pick? And he made a brilliant flip. Saric was a good pick but they need to get him here. Embiid got hurt and perhaps he was not a good pick but at the time there were not many obvious choices.

I have repeated this a million times, in philly you need to have 100 chances to hit in the draft. FA's don't come to philly and getting a sh1tty FA like Afflalo and winning 30 games is plain silly.

Hinkie did seem like a strange guy who was a bad communicator. Sometimes the geeks are freaks.

mreinman

4/10/2016  6:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I believe Harden just broke the nba record for turnovers in a season.

therefore? He still has a WS48 around .200 - we should be stuck with a problem like him.

mreinman

4/10/2016  8:31 PM
SA is dirtying up the game with GS and GS can't score.
mreinman

4/10/2016  8:52 PM
steph curry just hit a 3 quarter court shot but got it off a tad too late at the end of the 3rd. Crazy
mreinman

4/10/2016  9:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2016  9:27 PM
SA loses!!! Undefeated at home won't happen.

Curry with 37 points. He is ridiculous.

GS ties the bulls 72 wins with a game to go.

WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

4/10/2016  11:09 PM
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that have become cult heroes to some fans. Personally, I always like to go after cult heroes who seem to feel that they are totally above conventional wisdom and believe they should never be be criticized.

You read a pompous resignation letter like Hikie's (Which should not have been released to the press-whoever leaked it should be outed and humiliated, IMO.) and you get a sense that he almost feels he is above criticism by we mere mortals.

Go to the RealGM Philly thread and see how Sixers fans deal with anyone who says anything negative about Hinkie and the "Process."

Anyone saying things critical of Hinkie gets attacked...even if they make rational and respectful posts. Some react like you're attacking their mother, or some religious figure.

The real issue, IMO, has to do with guys who don't seem to understand that metrics based team building does not always translate into a good team on the floor...and

...the fact that simply having a lot of high draft picks doesn't mean you'll make the correct picks. Minnesota's Kahn was proof of this a few years ago, and Hinkie seems to be in the same category.

the philly fans just don't like when people knock "the process" with mostly baseless arguments. Compiling picks is crucial. Executing them properly is in some ways skill but probably mostly luck. They have not gotten lucky with their picks though taking Ok4 was a no brainer and what every GM would have done. Its complete disingenuous BS to say otherwise.

MCW won rookie of the year and he was pick 11. Bad pick? And he made a brilliant flip. Saric was a good pick but they need to get him here. Embiid got hurt and perhaps he was not a good pick but at the time there were not many obvious choices.

I have repeated this a million times, in philly you need to have 100 chances to hit in the draft. FA's don't come to philly and getting a sh1tty FA like Afflalo and winning 30 games is plain silly.

Hinkie did seem like a strange guy who was a bad communicator. Sometimes the geeks are freaks.

The Colangelo's are going to have a fun time with all those draft picks...kind of like vultures picking at Hinkie's carcass.

They had better get things right, though.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
mreinman

4/10/2016  11:11 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The Colangelo's are going to have a fun time with all those draft picks...kind of like vultures picking at Hinkie's carcass.

why picking at hinkies carcass? He came here and at least partially did his job and now he moves on.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/11/2016  5:56 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Hopefully they don't have an approach like Billy King did when he replaced Thorn. The Nets were pretty well stocked with assets but King blew thru them.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/11/2016  10:45 AM
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

why picking at hinkies carcass? He came here and at least partially did his job and now he moves on.

You can make a case that if they make good draft decisions, they are feeding on what Hinkie started...

Hinkie is a bit pompous, and his decisions seemed to be designed to put off the inevitable, but he has left his replacements some things that can be used.

I guess I see the draft picks as the "body" of work he left behind, and the Colangelos will "feed" off of it...No?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/11/2016  6:58 PM
¿ △ ?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
4/12/2016  12:00 AM
Seth Curry is proving what a D league player can do with a chance. Once you get that confidence with the PT and everything kicks in---you can get a steal of a player for cheap.
RIP Crushalot😞
NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
4/12/2016  3:26 AM
I didn't think GS would make it but . . . wheeeeeee! One more and: Best. Team. Evah.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/12/2016  5:37 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/13/2016  1:49 PM
Karl fired, Wittman next?

¿ △ ?
NumberTwoPencil
Member: #481
USA
4/13/2016  2:12 PM
One more . . . just one more . . . I wouldn't want to be Memphis this evening.

Curry needs just under 40 points to average 30 for the year. He's at 29.9 right now. He needs 8 3s to make 400 for the year.

I'm thinking that, this game and this game only, his teammates, assuming GS is leading by 20 points, are going to set him up (not that he needs any help really) and cheer him on . . . the team gets 73 wins, Curry gets GOAT stats. In every other game this year, Curry has sat when they were up by a lot, he's passed and passed and passed. You've seen him, unselfish isn't the right word, he just plays smart ball but tonight . . . he totally deserves to have a 50 point, 10 3s game and I'd get that Iggy, Thompson, and esp. Green are gong to egg him on.

sidsanders
Member: #2426

4/13/2016  6:40 PM
go get wall??

wiz have some issues even if this is all bogus.

GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!!
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
4/13/2016  9:17 PM
mreinman

4/13/2016  10:12 PM
Harden only the 4th player in history to average 29 points 6 rebounds 7 assists in a season

other are Jordan/Magic/Oscar/Lebron

callmened
Member: #4234

4/13/2016  10:21 PM
sidsanders wrote:go get wall??

wiz have some issues even if this is all bogus.

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy