[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/6/2016  8:16 PM
Where the Hinkie lovers at?

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
4/6/2016  8:16 PM
crzymdups wrote:Where the Hinkie lovers at?

This is thread worthy on its own.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/6/2016  8:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Where the Hinkie lovers at?

This is thread worthy on its own.

On it

¿ △ ?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
4/7/2016  10:56 PM
the nba is so wack....the 8th seed in the west is 30 games behind 1st seed ..thats fcking insane
ES
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/8/2016  3:18 AM
Looking like Bulls and Rockets won't make the playoffs- I was hoping they wouldn't (Bulls because of how the management did the dirty on Thibs, and the Rockets because I do't like Morey or his players)- wonder if they both go into complete rebuild mode next season.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
4/8/2016  1:28 PM
knicks1248 wrote:the nba is so wack....the 8th seed in the west is 30 games behind 1st seed ..thats fcking insane

what would be more wack is the Warriors beating the record with 73 wins, and then losing in the playoffs.

CrushAlot
USA
4/9/2016  1:02 PM
callmened
Member: #4234

4/9/2016  1:05 PM
i watch the whole NBA. i can do this for each team (for fun)...here goes!

Washington Wizards
This team intrigues me! I thought they would make the East Conf finals and challenge the Cavs (for the right to lose to the warriors in the NBA finals). Instead, they were a team full of chaos and wont even make the playoffs. I wanted to bring up some possible explanations:
- the (lack of) Health of Mr. Bradley Beal (missed over 30 games and started only 34). Beal is very talented and when he actually played he improved his game. However dude is ALWAYS hurt. I dont know the exact record but im sure the Wiz are ALOT better when he actually plays. Without him, Wall CANT carry the team by himself
- pace and Space small ball - last playoffs, coach wittman learned that when he played paul pierce at the 4 they were very successful. So they started this season by getting rid of pierce and replacing him with an injury prone J. Dudley. smh
- Coach Wittman - has to go. not only did this switch in philosophy fail but he started to bad mouth several vets in the media. that probably hurt the chemistry. Who do you replace him with? Thibs? Beal wouldnt survive training camp
- Future = they have a nice young core with cap space this summer. KD probably wont go to DC however they could sign a few good players (Batum, Barnes?) to improve their talent. Why is GM Grunfeld still there (since 2003) - hes NOT that good

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
CrushAlot
USA
4/9/2016  5:55 PM
Sources say Morey, whose contract runs through the 2017-18 season, ‎also faces some uncertainty in the wake of the Rockets' struggles. Morey's ever-bold approach to roster assembly won deserved kudos for bringing Harden (October 2012) and Howard (July 2013) to Houston in quick succession, but team chemistry has been a rising concern this season given the well-chronicled deterioration of the Harden-Howard relationship and the failed offseason gamble on guard Ty Lawson.

"You're asking the wrong guy about that," Morey told ESPN in a recent interview when asked about his job security. "That's Mr. Alexander's choice and all I do is my job every day. He makes that call."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15170554/houston-rockets-gm-daryl-morey-coach-jb-bickerstaff-evaluated-season
mreinman
Member: #3189

4/9/2016  10:35 PM
Dray is really one of the top few players in the league right now.
so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
USA
4/9/2016  10:37 PM
What a game in Memphis. I thought Stephenson was fouled but a great come back by the Warriors.
callmened
Member: #4234

4/9/2016  10:38 PM
LANCE WAS FOULED!!!!! lol
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
mreinman

4/10/2016  1:14 AM
minny beats portland on the road in a thriller. Portland down by 3 and Lillard hits a 3 and gets fouled and hits the free throw. With 3.5 seconds mitchell draws up a great play with prince hitting KAT in the post for a quick hook for the win.

I love KP but I can't believe that we lost out on towns. This guy may one day be the top player in the league.

smackeddog
4/10/2016  3:23 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Sources say Morey, whose contract runs through the 2017-18 season, ‎also faces some uncertainty in the wake of the Rockets' struggles. Morey's ever-bold approach to roster assembly won deserved kudos for bringing Harden (October 2012) and Howard (July 2013) to Houston in quick succession, but team chemistry has been a rising concern this season given the well-chronicled deterioration of the Harden-Howard relationship and the failed offseason gamble on guard Ty Lawson.

"You're asking the wrong guy about that," Morey told ESPN in a recent interview when asked about his job security. "That's Mr. Alexander's choice and all I do is my job every day. He makes that call."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/15170554/houston-rockets-gm-daryl-morey-coach-jb-bickerstaff-evaluated-season

people forget he was close to getting canned a few years ago just before he got Harden.

mreinman

4/10/2016  3:48 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

you seem to care a totally more about hinkie and morey than others.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/10/2016  5:11 AM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

You should be too because Morey and Hinkie will end up in NY this summer after Urii tells Dolan he is staying in Toronto.

CrushAlot
USA
4/10/2016  12:11 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

There is a guy who posts on Clutchfans (Cyrex), who gets inside scoops and breaks stories about the rockets. He posted in early november that Les Alexander wasn't happy and that Morey was on the hot seat. This guy has always had good, insider info so I have been following Morey more closely this year.
smackeddog
4/10/2016  1:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

There is a guy who posts on Clutchfans (Cyrex), who gets inside scoops and breaks stories about the rockets. He posted in early november that Les Alexander wasn't happy and that Morey was on the hot seat. This guy has always had good, insider info so I have been following Morey more closely this year.

Don't take what mreinman says to heart- he was one of the biggest Hinkie and Morey obsessives, but now they are failing he's pretending that he wasn't particularly in to them

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/10/2016  3:43 PM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that have become cult heroes to some fans. Personally, I always like to go after cult heroes who seem to feel that they are totally above conventional wisdom and believe they should never be be criticized.

You read a pompous resignation letter like Hikie's (Which should not have been released to the press-whoever leaked it should be outed and humiliated, IMO.) and you get a sense that he almost feels he is above criticism by we mere mortals.

Go to the RealGM Philly thread and see how Sixers fans deal with anyone who says anything negative about Hinkie and the "Process."

Anyone saying things critical of Hinkie gets attacked...even if they make rational and respectful posts. Some react like you're attacking their mother, or some religious figure.

The real issue, IMO, has to do with guys who don't seem to understand that metrics based team building does not always translate into a good team on the floor...and

...the fact that simply having a lot of high draft picks doesn't mean you'll make the correct picks. Minnesota's Kahn was proof of this a few years ago, and Hinkie seems to be in the same category.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
4/10/2016  4:20 PM
I believe Harden just broke the nba record for turnovers in a season.
2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy