[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/22/2015  11:42 AM
NBA PM: Who Disappointed in the Preseason?

Tim Hardaway, Jr., Atlanta Hawks

The Hawks’ acquisition of Hardaway was always something of a strange deal. Atlanta sent away the mid-first round pick that became Kelly Oubre just for Hardaway, which was a bit weird given that most would have pegged the 24th pick in 2013 at a lower raw value than a higher pick in a deeper draft.

Hardaway was never meant to replace DeMarre Carroll, but he certainly appeared to be another warm body with size on the wing who the Hawks hoped would help fill Carroll’s void. While it’s still early, Hardaway hasn’t really shown he can even approximate some of that load.

The Hawks have tried on multiple occasions to plug him in as another Kyle Korver-esque piece on the perimeter, rocketing around screens for catch-and-shoot jumpers and stretching the defense. The only problem is, so far he’s shot the ball about as well as Korver would if he had one arm tied behind his back. Hardaway checks in at a miserable 24.2 percent from the field through five games, and an even uglier 22.2 percent from deep. It’s not a great look for a guy who already saw his shooting numbers dip from his rookie season to his sophomore year in New York.

There’s still time for Hardaway to develop, and he has the physical template. But his skills continue to lag behind at this point, and his preseason hasn’t done much to validate Atlanta’s risk.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-who-disappointed-in-the-preseason/

AUTOADVERT
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/22/2015  11:45 AM
that trade was beyond bizarre. Makes you think twice about GM polls since at times they can look like complete idiots.
so here is what phil is thinking ....
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/22/2015  11:49 AM
mreinman wrote:that trade was beyond bizarre. Makes you think twice about GM polls since at times they can look like complete idiots.

It was indeed- it was like how most of our trades are, except in reverse!

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/22/2015  12:55 PM
He was more of a stationary wait for the pass and shoot guy with us, although I thought he made a little progress last year.

I'm not an Oubre fan, but Atlanta could have had Vaughn, Portis, or even Dekker at 15.

Somebody in Atlanta saw something in Hardaway...maybe he comes around eventually, but for us it was a good trade at this point in time.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
mreinman
Member: #3189

10/22/2015  1:31 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:He was more of a stationary wait for the pass and shoot guy with us, although I thought he made a little progress last year.

I'm not an Oubre fan, but Atlanta could have had Vaughn, Portis, or even Dekker at 15.

Somebody in Atlanta saw something in Hardaway...maybe he comes around eventually, but for us it was a good trade at this point in time.

He did not progress at all, he took a huge step back last season from his rookie season.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
WaltLongmire

10/22/2015  4:53 PM
Food for thought...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

10/22/2015  5:03 PM

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/22/2015  5:16 PM

I thought Jared did a great job covering the Knicks.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/22/2015  9:03 PM
smackeddog wrote:
NBA PM: Who Disappointed in the Preseason?

Tim Hardaway, Jr., Atlanta Hawks

The Hawks’ acquisition of Hardaway was always something of a strange deal. Atlanta sent away the mid-first round pick that became Kelly Oubre just for Hardaway, which was a bit weird given that most would have pegged the 24th pick in 2013 at a lower raw value than a higher pick in a deeper draft.

Hardaway was never meant to replace DeMarre Carroll, but he certainly appeared to be another warm body with size on the wing who the Hawks hoped would help fill Carroll’s void. While it’s still early, Hardaway hasn’t really shown he can even approximate some of that load.

The Hawks have tried on multiple occasions to plug him in as another Kyle Korver-esque piece on the perimeter, rocketing around screens for catch-and-shoot jumpers and stretching the defense. The only problem is, so far he’s shot the ball about as well as Korver would if he had one arm tied behind his back. Hardaway checks in at a miserable 24.2 percent from the field through five games, and an even uglier 22.2 percent from deep. It’s not a great look for a guy who already saw his shooting numbers dip from his rookie season to his sophomore year in New York.

There’s still time for Hardaway to develop, and he has the physical template. But his skills continue to lag behind at this point, and his preseason hasn’t done much to validate Atlanta’s risk.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-pm-who-disappointed-in-the-preseason/

I watched a few minutes of a preseason Hawks game. Hardaway got on the floor, dribbled the ball off his foot, and turned it over.

WaltLongmire

10/23/2015  5:58 PM
WaltLongmire

10/23/2015  9:37 PM
CrushAlot
USA
10/23/2015  11:12 PM
Green looked great tonight.
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/24/2015  4:41 AM
Well, Timmy Jr. still not streaking in Pre-Season 3-11 starting. Still can't believe we got Grant for him, or even a 1st. I know Timmy is a hot cold shooter but he has been cold the whole time and one would think a change of scenery would have done him good.

And again, thanks for passing on Winslow 1-7 off the bench.

Mr. Towns continues to impress 18pts on 8-12 shooting with 12 rebounds.

Walt - WOW! Gun gestures are illegal in the NBA. Guess that is a thought crime....

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
10/24/2015  8:58 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:

what a clueless piece of ****

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
USA
10/24/2015  9:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2015  9:27 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:Well, Timmy Jr. still not streaking in Pre-Season 3-11 starting. Still can't believe we got Grant for him, or even a 1st. I know Timmy is a hot cold shooter but he has been cold the whole time and one would think a change of scenery would have done him good.

Walt - WOW! Gun gestures are illegal in the NBA. Guess that is a thought crime....

Towns looked good. So did Levine. Minny has a really good team.
WaltLongmire

10/24/2015  11:48 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:Well, Timmy Jr. still not streaking in Pre-Season 3-11 starting. Still can't believe we got Grant for him, or even a 1st. I know Timmy is a hot cold shooter but he has been cold the whole time and one would think a change of scenery would have done him good.

Have not seen any Atlanta games in the pre-season. Might check this game because he played over 30 minutes. You figure that Atlanta offers him a good opportunity, and that if things work out he'll replace Korver at some point, but he hasn't exactly been burning it up so far. You would think that he'd be on a mission to show folks that the Knicks made a big mistake, but at this point he's making Phil look pretty smart.

For what it's worth, Winslow has had some good assist games in pre-season, and has done some rebounding. Looking like more of a glue player at this point.

It seems that his shot is very much a work in progress, and I think he still experiences issues with his legs- something we first learned about in SL.

I think we would have been very frustrated with Winslow if we were watching him perform for the Knicks...mostly because many overrated him, IMO. I do believe he'll end up being a solid player, though, but the shooting issue really has to be worked on.

I'm assuming that Green made the gesture after he hit a few shots. More of a PC thing than a thought crime, I guess. Maybe if he had a big smile on his face it would be OK.

I'm pretty old school- don't like the show boating in any sport, especially FB, and I cringe when one of the Jets do some kind of foolish celebration- the kind of stuff they are auditioning for Madden.

Surprised that Towns is being overlooked by the folks who are infatuated with OK4, Mudiay, and Johnson. He is a more complete player than the first two, and a much better track record than Johnson, and I think he will emerge as ROY by the end of the year, unless KP brings back the cornrow look and that magical confidence it gave him in his youth.

WaltLongmire

10/24/2015  12:09 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Towns looked good. So did Levine. Minny has a really good team.

Levine had a pretty poor pre-season, though, and it sounds like he'll be coming off the bench at the start of the season.
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/24/2015  12:27 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Have not seen any Atlanta games in the pre-season. Might check this game because he played over 30 minutes. You figure that Atlanta offers him a good opportunity, and that if things work out he'll replace Korver at some point, but he hasn't exactly been burning it up so far. You would think that he'd be on a mission to show folks that the Knicks made a big mistake, but at this point he's making Phil look pretty smart.

For what it's worth, Winslow has had some good assist games in pre-season, and has done some rebounding. Looking like more of a glue player at this point.

It seems that his shot is very much a work in progress, and I think he still experiences issues with his legs- something we first learned about in SL.

I think we would have been very frustrated with Winslow if we were watching him perform for the Knicks...mostly because many overrated him, IMO. I do believe he'll end up being a solid player, though, but the shooting issue really has to be worked on.

I'm assuming that Green made the gesture after he hit a few shots. More of a PC thing than a thought crime, I guess. Maybe if he had a big smile on his face it would be OK.

I'm pretty old school- don't like the show boating in any sport, especially FB, and I cringe when one of the Jets do some kind of foolish celebration- the kind of stuff they are auditioning for Madden.

Surprised that Towns is being overlooked by the folks who are infatuated with OK4, Mudiay, and Johnson. He is a more complete player than the first two, and a much better track record than Johnson, and I think he will emerge as ROY by the end of the year, unless KP brings back the cornrow look and that magical confidence it gave him in his youth.

Yeah, what does a guy do when getting traded away doesn't inspire them to play great (in pre-season!) Long season ahead though, but we can be sure of one thing - he is not going to be a defensive presence.

Yes again, I noticed Winslow looked good in other parts of his game. As many said, his offense wouldn't translate to the NBA but way too soon to say. Glue guy, nice to have but not so high in the 1st round.

With Green, I thought the fine was because of the gun reference, not showboating. I have played a lot of sports and to be able to control any celebration is just too much imo. Within reason, sure. No victory dances and the like LOL.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
WaltLongmire

10/24/2015  1:39 PM
Earl Barron sighting.

CrushAlot
USA
10/24/2015  3:37 PM
2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy