[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

2/11/2016  12:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/11/2016  2:09 PM
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
2/11/2016  2:29 PM
When you wonder why certain guys get good - this is why certain guys get good. Putting in the work on the court and off it.

¿ △ ?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

2/11/2016  3:06 PM
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/11/2016  3:47 PM
MKG now out again with a torn shoulder- he's officially made of glass
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

2/11/2016  4:35 PM
Cartman718 wrote:

Was watching the game yesterday...it was pretty funny.

He missed some big foul shots down the stretch, though. He might have missed one of these...not sure.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
USA
2/11/2016  4:53 PM
¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
2/11/2016  5:47 PM
Sounds like Michael Kidd Gilchrist is out for the season.
http://www.atthehive.com/2016/2/11/10970294/michael-kidd-gilchrist-retears-labrum-why-is-everything-the-worst
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
2/15/2016  4:23 PM
Iman Shumpert available
wpid-i_d6_2a_2b_iman-shumpert.jpg
11 mins ago – via ESPN.com
Sources say that the Cavs, though, have been more and more active in recent days in pursuing upgrades to their bench, with center Timofey Mozgov and swingman Iman Shumpert — both in the midst of down seasons after their mid-season arrivals in 2014-15 — said to be available.

http://hoopshype.com/storyline/iman-shumpert-trade/
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

2/15/2016  11:19 PM
Some thoughts on the season so far:

Surprises (Good):
- Toronto - i always knew their backcourt was legit but with injuries to JVal and Carroll, I didnt think they had the toughness to compete. Instead their 2nd in the East and 3 GB the Cavs. Boston - a gang of role players that Coach Stevens has made into a competitive 3rd seed. They play RELENTLESS defense!

- Paul George - dude has performed as if his leg was never shattered into pieces. After a quick start, he has cooled off but they have a bright future with he and Myles Turner.

- I knew the Warriors and Spurs would be great but I never imagined they'd be HISTORICALLY great. OKC has a great record yet their 9GB.

- Portland - I thought they would be one of the worst teams in the league after losing 4 starters from last yrs team. Instead, CJ and other role players have stepped up.

- This year's Rookie Draft class - every class has "potential" however this one has had IMMEDIATE impacts. KAT, Porzingus, Turner will be STAR players. And on the level below Okafor, Russell, Booker, Stanley J and Mudiay will be legit players. Even lower in the draft, Oubre, Lyles, Grant and Vaughn will be solid role players

==========================
Surprises (Bad)
- I never expected talented teams like the Pelicans, Bulls, Bucks, Rockets and Wizards would be this bad. Blame injuries, bad coaching and bad player stats

- Shocked at how badly and quickly the Phoenix Suns have self destructed!

- 6 coaching changes so far and many more could come. Most of them are warranted (failed expectations) but some were simply "personality conflicts"

Not Surprised by:
- Clippers regular season success - this is what they always do (whether star players are injured or not). We all know they wont have much playoff success.

- My Knicks are not a good team. They upgraded their roster talent from EMBARRASSING to MEDIOCRE. The Lakers are AWFUL but i never expected Byron to coach this badly. (#Pseudo-Tanking)

- Cavs not be able to face ELITE competition. They have enough talent to beat most of the NBA. However good teams poke holes in their weak defense.

Some sleeper teams to watch
- Pacers - nice mix of defense, youth and Vogel!
- Charlotte - Big Al was out with a weed addiction, so they changed their philosphy to 3s and Defense
- Dallas - not talented but Carlisle makes something out of nothing
- Portland and Utah - young teams that could make the playoffs.

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/16/2016  12:00 AM
callmened wrote:Some thoughts on the season so far:
- This year's Rookie Draft class - every class has "potential" however this one has had IMMEDIATE impacts. KAT, Porzingus, Turner will be STAR players. And on the level below Okafor, Russell, Booker, Stanley J and Mudiay will be legit players. Even lower in the draft, Oubre, Lyles, Grant and Vaughn will be solid role players

It's weird how the whole season up to March madness had Okafor as a smaller version of Tim Duncan or something like that. And now he's on the level below lol

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
callmened

2/16/2016  12:09 AM
martin wrote:
callmened wrote:Some thoughts on the season so far:

It's weird how the whole season up to March madness had Okafor as a smaller version of Tim Duncan or something like that. And now he's on the level below lol

yeah he can definitely score but his defense is AWFUL!!! like it should be illegal how bad it is. smh. its so bad hes coming off the bench - for the SIXERS. smh

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
smackeddog
2/16/2016  2:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2016  2:14 PM
Looks like Bosh has blood clots again- I was worried it was that as soon as they said he was pulling out of the all-star game with a sore calf. This is really career threatening for him, if he has the same blood condition my dad had then he really needs to be on meds that will make playing basketball impossible.
CrushAlot
USA
2/16/2016  8:48 AM
smackeddog wrote:Looks like Bosh has blog clots again- I was worried it was that as soon as they said he was pulling out of the all-star game with a sore calf. This is really career threatening for him, if he has the same blood condition my dad had then he really needs to be on meds that will make playing basketball impossible.

That is horrible. I saw something about his doctors possibly putting a mesh filter in his leg to stop clots from going to his lungs and heart. Scary stuff. If he is on cumidin? I don't think he can risk playing.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/16/2016  9:59 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Looks like Bosh has blog clots again- I was worried it was that as soon as they said he was pulling out of the all-star game with a sore calf. This is really career threatening for him, if he has the same blood condition my dad had then he really needs to be on meds that will make playing basketball impossible.

That is horrible. I saw something about his doctors possibly putting a mesh filter in his leg to stop clots from going to his lungs and heart. Scary stuff. If he is on cumidin? I don't think he can risk playing.

Holy crap that's amazingly bad

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
callmened

2/16/2016  11:49 AM
if he has blood clots AGAIN (and this hasnt been confirmed yet), then dude MUST retire. first time offense = provoked blood clot (most likely due to long travel stagnation) - treat with anti coagulation ("blood thinners") for 6 months. 2nd time offense = unprovoked blood clot (which most likely is due to some genetic factor - Leiden Factor V or Protein C&S deficiency). That means you treat with blood thinners for life. If thats the case, he cannot play basketball or any rigorous contact activity
crzymdups
USA
2/16/2016  11:51 AM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Holy crap that's amazingly bad

I've never loved Bosh as a player, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Sucks. Hope he is smart about his life and puts that before his career at this point.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
2/16/2016  12:06 PM
¿ △ ?
callmened

2/16/2016  12:22 PM
as a human being, i wouldnt allow him to play with blood thinners. dude gets a paper cut and he could bleed out. now imagine if hes playing professional bball
crzymdups
USA
2/16/2016  2:00 PM
¿ △ ?
smackeddog
2/16/2016  2:16 PM
callmened wrote:as a human being, i wouldnt allow him to play with blood thinners. dude gets a paper cut and he could bleed out. now imagine if hes playing professional bball

Plus all the air travel, personally I wouldn't take the risk. He's made his money, he's won championships- it's up to him, but I hope he sees the bigger picture.

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy