[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......
Author Thread
magicTs
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5564

1/18/2016  10:29 PM
Cavs have a difficult schedule coming up. Go to Bulls and Pacer this week and then Spurs at home a week tonight. Also OKC in a couple of weeks. Be interesting to see how they respond to this humiliation.
AUTOADVERT
magicTs
Member: #5564

1/19/2016  1:25 AM
Crazy day in the NBA.

4 overtime games today, with the Clippers just giving up 42 pts in the 4th to the Rockets.

Kemet
Member: #6148

1/19/2016  2:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/19/2016  2:25 AM
A Blessed Civil Rights Holiday .. Thanx Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. RIP

Who will be the 3rd best team in the west? Rockets vs Clippers tonight
The Clippers (without Blake Griffin) took a 12 pt lead to end first qtr., and a 14 pt lead to end the 3rd qtr. over the Rockets on a hot JJ Reddick n CP3. The Rockets D.Howard n bench player Thorton 3s took over the 4th qtr. to take the game to Over-Time. Where the Clippers Crawford, Reddick 40 pts, and CP3 28 pts took over the tempo in OT for the win.
Harden poor-defense would not receive over 30 minutes in my rotation lineup.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/19/2016  11:47 AM
¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/19/2016  5:43 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/20/2016  6:49 PM
http://www.oursportscentral.com/sports/westchester-knicks/t-3827
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
USA
1/20/2016  8:26 PM
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
1/20/2016  11:09 PM

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/20/2016  11:18 PM
Towns with a monster game against a Dirk-less Dallas team: 27 pts...17 rebounds...6 blocks...3 assists, BUT they blew a lead and fell apart in overtime.

On the bench near the end of the game as he watched Dallas take some free throws, it looked like he wanted to cry, but did not do it. I am not looking at this as a negative thing-just pointing it out to illustrate his competitiveness. Frustrating for him after coming from Kentucky, where he only tasted a single loss his entire season...more so because the best game he's ever had in college or the NBA up to this point ended in a defeat.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
1/21/2016  3:24 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:Towns with a monster game against a Dirk-less Dallas team: 27 pts...17 rebounds...6 blocks...3 assists, BUT they blew a lead and fell apart in overtime.

On the bench near the end of the game as he watched Dallas take some free throws, it looked like he wanted to cry, but did not do it. I am not looking at this as a negative thing-just pointing it out to illustrate his competitiveness. Frustrating for him after coming from Kentucky, where he only tasted a single loss his entire season...more so because the best game he's ever had in college or the NBA up to this point ended in a defeat.

I have seen very little of Towns play. He is an incredible talent, but I don't see him having the affect out there on his whole team.
Yeah, he doesn't have much of a team but I mean he doesn't bring up what he has. (Think of how Lin was special here in that way.)
They have Rubio to give easy buckets and play D (not much else.) And Wiggins is turning into something nice (This might come back to bight Cleveland this next playoffs of the one after.)

When I look at KP (and also haven't seen a ton of him, but much more than Towns), he seems to often affect the team.
And on Defense I think he changes the whole chemistry of the team.

Is Towns showing "IT" like KP has thus far in your opinion, and others?

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
WaltLongmire

1/21/2016  2:08 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Towns with a monster game against a Dirk-less Dallas team: 27 pts...17 rebounds...6 blocks...3 assists, BUT they blew a lead and fell apart in overtime.

I have seen very little of Towns play. He is an incredible talent, but I don't see him having the affect out there on his whole team.
Yeah, he doesn't have much of a team but I mean he doesn't bring up what he has. (Think of how Lin was special here in that way.)
They have Rubio to give easy buckets and play D (not much else.) And Wiggins is turning into something nice (This might come back to bight Cleveland this next playoffs of the one after.)

When I look at KP (and also haven't seen a ton of him, but much more than Towns), he seems to often affect the team.

Not sure how the Minny fans see him, but he seems like a special player, IMO. Always hard to feel the same about another team's player that you do about your own, even when they do some of the same things.

Big thing is that KP is playing on a team which has improved dramatically...while Minnesota seems to be underachieving from what I can see.

More advanced game than KP in terms of offensive efficiency, with less he needs to improve on from what I can see. Very confident and accurate midrange shooter. Has an excellent left hand.

Watched the game this morning- only the minutes he played. Had some nice blocks. He is not the kind of guy who makes you shy away from driving, but he had an assortment of blocks.

Played PF for a good part of the game. Not sure you want him playing there all the time because of defensive reasons (has to run around a lot...not the quickest feet, sometimes), but he has enough offensive versatility to do well on that end of the court.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/21/2016  2:10 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

Not sure how the Minny fans see him, but he seems like a special player, IMO. Always hard to feel the same about another team's player that you do about your own, even when they do some of the same things.

Big thing is that KP is playing on a team which has improved dramatically...while Minnesota seems to be underachieving from what I can see.

More advanced game than KP in terms of offensive efficiency, with less he needs to improve on from what I can see. Very confident and accurate midrange shooter. Has an excellent left hand.

Watched the game this morning-
only the minutes he played. Had some nice blocks. He is not the kind of guy who makes you shy away from driving, but he had an assortment of blocks.

Played PF for a good part of the game. Not sure you want him playing there all the time because of defensive reasons (has to run around a lot...not the quickest feet, sometimes), but he has enough offensive versatility to do well on that end of the court.

Walt lives the life. The rest of us are at work trying to fake it occasionally while posting.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire

1/21/2016  5:43 PM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

only the minutes he played. Had some nice blocks. He is not the kind of guy who makes you shy away from driving, but he had an assortment of blocks.

Walt lives the life. The rest of us are at work trying to fake it occasionally while posting.

They call it retirement. 26+ yrs as teacher in a low performing NYC HS, and I gave up my coaching job at the school this season. Early retirement meant much less money...but better odds for a longer and healthier life, and I took it without looking back.

The girlfriend is still suffering at the same school and is not around during the day so I can watch an on demand game every now and then on Ball Streams, or do a binge watch of the show I took my UK name from...Longmire.

Not a bad life with a manageable mortgage and minimal outside expenses.

Will be even better with a Sanders or Clinton victory in November.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
1/21/2016  6:49 PM
This ESPN TOP 100 is such a damn joke...

In what freaking world is Yao Ming a top 100 NBA Player???....They even have K.Love at #100?!?!?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/21/2016  7:04 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

They call it retirement. 26+ yrs as teacher in a low performing NYC HS, and I gave up my coaching job at the school this season. Early retirement meant much less money...but better odds for a longer and healthier life, and I took it without looking back.

The girlfriend is still suffering at the same school and is not around during the day so I can watch an on demand game every now and then on Ball Streams, or do a binge watch of the show I took my UK name from...Longmire.

Not a bad life with a manageable mortgage and minimal outside expenses.

Will be even better with a Sanders or Clinton victory in November.

In the end the Dems will breeze through fairly easily. Republicans on a self destruction path that was self paved.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

1/22/2016  12:00 AM
Harden last night:

33 points, 17 rebounds and 14 dimes

THATS INSANE!!! and they lost! Houston sucks.

Get me harden ... you would be perfect in the triangle and under the zen culture spell

so here is what phil is thinking ....
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

1/22/2016  9:57 AM
mreinman wrote:Harden last night:

33 points, 17 rebounds and 14 dimes

THATS INSANE!!! and they lost! Houston sucks.

Get me harden ... you would be perfect in the triangle and under the zen culture spell

Sure. Offer KP and maybe Houston takes the call.

crzymdups
USA
1/22/2016  10:30 AM
Let the #Wojbombs begin. This is a good move for Houston, I'd say.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
1/22/2016  10:51 AM
HOLY SHIT. The Rockets are sending the rights to their 2008 second round pick to the Clips for J Smoooove. This trade is hilarious. Clippers are paying Josh Smith to go away, they're paying the rest of his salary and receiving a defunct second round pick in return. Funny thing is, this trade will probably help Rockets immeasurably.

¿ △ ?
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/22/2016  11:17 AM
crzymdups wrote:HOLY SHIT. The Rockets are sending the rights to their 2008 second round pick to the Clips for J Smoooove. This trade is hilarious. Clippers are paying Josh Smith to go away, they're paying the rest of his salary and receiving a defunct second round pick in return. Funny thing is, this trade will probably help Rockets immeasurably.

Helps the Clips chemistry- didn't Josh have a screaming match with one of the coaches?

Rockets now need to jettison Ty Lawson to help their chemistry, though that team is devoid of leadership. I don't get how they can be such a bad defensive team- Ariza, Pat Beverley, KJ McDaniels, Howard and Brewer are all good defenders.

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy