[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
1/14/2016  10:14 PM
chris webber is a great color guy. such a pleasure listening to his insights.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
1/14/2016  10:41 PM
dk7th wrote:chris webber is a great color guy. such a pleasure listening to his insights.

He is good. He was not a media friendly player at all as a pro. That was a big reason why he clashed so much with Nelson in Golden State. It is funny that he earns his living now as a broadcaster/analyst.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
magicTs
Member: #5564

1/15/2016  1:24 AM
dk7th wrote:spurs/cavs is a fun game. playoff-level intensity

Spurs and Warriors have about 95% title equity in my opinion. Cavs have no chance, Love is a perpetual loser and was getting owned by Duncan and their back ups (guys we know only too well) are a level below what the Spurs and Warriors have. I'll give 5% to OKC purely because they have Durrant and Westbrook but there is no chance that the NBA title isn't won by the West. The WCF is going to be absolutely sick and a must watch. I don't think Le Bron is bringing any titles to Cleveland and I can see him opt out again next year.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

1/15/2016  2:28 AM
magicTs wrote:

Spurs and Warriors have about 95% title equity in my opinion. Cavs have no chance, Love is a perpetual loser and was getting owned by Duncan and their back ups (guys we know only too well) are a level below what the Spurs and Warriors have. I'll give 5% to OKC purely because they have Durrant and Westbrook but there is no chance that the NBA title isn't won by the West. The WCF is going to be absolutely sick and a must watch. I don't think Le Bron is bringing any titles to Cleveland and I can see him opt out again next year.

Might be right about James...I've also seen him look very "human" at times this year.

Big difference between a "team" like SA or GS, and a group of good players, like the Cavs.

Irving freelances too much. Great talent, but in the end, he is a selfish player.

Love actually had an inside game, once...now he's a perimeter player who they sometimes forget is on the team. Lots of money wasted on him.

Mosgov looks like he's taken a step back- had off-season knee surgery...and it looks like he's lost some quickness, IMO.

I never got the sense that the Cavs were playing like a team in tonight's game, and that's why they lost to SA, which does play like a team.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Chandler
Member: #6197

1/15/2016  8:27 AM
One caveat: whoever emerges from the west may be tagged by the time they get to Finals.

Otherwise agree 100%. Spurs or GS would smoke Cavs if it were an early round

(5)(5)
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/15/2016  9:52 AM
San Antonio vs GSW in the playoffs should be amazing. Their first regular season game is coming up on Monday January 25th. Can't wait.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/15/2016  9:54 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
magicTs wrote:

Might be right about James...I've also seen him look very "human" at times this year.

Big difference between a "team" like SA or GS, and a group of good players, like the Cavs.

Irving freelances too much. Great talent, but in the end, he is a selfish player.

Love actually had an inside game, once...now he's a perimeter player who they sometimes forget is on the team. Lots of money wasted on him.

Mosgov looks like he's taken a step back- had off-season knee surgery...and it looks like he's lost some quickness, IMO.

I never got the sense that the Cavs were playing like a team in tonight's game, and that's why they lost to SA, which does play like a team.

Agree completely about what you guys are saying about the Cavs.

I don't know if I'm crazy, but I think next season when the Knicks have one more piece and one more year in the Triangle under their belt they might be able to really really challenge the Cavs in the playoffs.

The best thing about the Phil era is that it's one of the first times we can really say we play a brand of team ball like the Spurs or GSW. Obviously we're nowhere near their level yet. But as the game in San Antonio showed - we can get there.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire

1/15/2016  11:27 AM
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
magicTs wrote:

Agree completely about what you guys are saying about the Cavs.

I don't know if I'm crazy, but I think next season when the Knicks have one more piece and one more year in the Triangle under their belt they might be able to really really challenge the Cavs in the playoffs.

The best thing about the Phil era is that it's one of the first times we can really say we play a brand of team ball like the Spurs or GSW. Obviously we're nowhere near their level yet. But as the game in San Antonio showed - we can get there.

I think James has come down a bit and is on a plateau as far as performance... not sure you are going to seen him carry or "will" his team to victory as often as he did in the past. He doesn't play as well against size anymore, either.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
Member: #883
1/15/2016  2:28 PM
There seem to be more big men than usual who may be available in trades this deadline: Mosgov (unhappy, benched and playing poorly) , Noah (unhappy) , Monroe (not working out) , Pekovic (redundant now they have towns), Tyson (trash and bad fit) , Asik (playing like a bum) . None really make sense for us, but it will be interesting to see what happens.
WaltLongmire

1/15/2016  8:02 PM
smackeddog wrote:There seem to be more big men than usual who may be available in trades this deadline: Mosgov (unhappy, benched and playing poorly) , Noah (unhappy) , Monroe (not working out) , Pekovic (redundant now they have towns), Tyson (trash and bad fit) , Asik (playing like a bum) . None really make sense for us, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

You really believe that Monroe might be on the trade block? Have you heard rumors on this?
magicTs
Member: #5564

1/15/2016  11:58 PM
Just how bad are the Rockets? 70 pts scored in 45 minutes....
CrushAlot
USA
1/15/2016  11:58 PM
smackeddog
1/16/2016  3:54 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

There have been a lot of rumblings that the Heat (both the players and management) don't like him due to his attitude and lack of passing, and have no intention of re-signing him after this season.

smackeddog
1/16/2016  4:00 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
smackeddog wrote:There seem to be more big men than usual who may be available in trades this deadline: Mosgov (unhappy, benched and playing poorly) , Noah (unhappy) , Monroe (not working out) , Pekovic (redundant now they have towns), Tyson (trash and bad fit) , Asik (playing like a bum) . None really make sense for us, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

You really believe that Monroe might be on the trade block? Have you heard rumors on this?

They aren't shopping him at the moment, but I think a writer was speculating that they should (it's not currently working out for him or the team).

Greg Monroe is on a two-plus-one contract with the Milwaukee Bucks, meaning he can opt out in 2017.

Signing Monroe was touted as a success in free agency for the Bucks, but he hasn't been a great fit with how the team's defense has taken a big step back.

The Bucks, however, have yet to shop Monroe in trade talks. With the clock ticking on his next free agency, it might be an advantageous time to evaluate his trade value.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/16/2016  10:38 AM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

There have been a lot of rumblings that the Heat (both the players and management) don't like him due to his attitude and lack of passing, and have no intention of re-signing him after this season.

Makes sense to me and I've read the same. No doubt they try to trade him to get some value back.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire

1/16/2016  11:04 AM
smackeddog wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

They aren't shopping him at the moment, but I think a writer was speculating that they should (it's not currently working out for him or the team).

Greg Monroe is on a two-plus-one contract with the Milwaukee Bucks, meaning he can opt out in 2017.

Signing Monroe was touted as a success in free agency for the Bucks, but he hasn't been a great fit with how the team's defense has taken a big step back.

The Bucks, however, have yet to shop Monroe in trade talks. With the clock ticking on his next free agency, it might be an advantageous time to evaluate his trade value.

Interesting...that would be some rapid change by the Bucks.

Maybe this is why Kidd decided to get his operation...did not want to continue coaching a disappointing team, led by their prize FA, who I assume he played a role in recruiting.

Kidd's "luster" seems to be diminishing.

WaltLongmire

1/16/2016  11:08 AM
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Makes sense to me and I've read the same. No doubt they try to trade him to get some value back.

Wouldn't get much value back in a trade...right? Would be a February to Playoffs rental for another team who would then have to sign him or let him go. Wonder what you could even get for him at this point?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/16/2016  11:14 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wouldn't get much value back in a trade...right? Would be a February to Playoffs rental for another team who would then have to sign him or let him go. Wonder what you could even get for him at this point?

True

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
WaltLongmire

1/16/2016  11:43 AM

...So it would seem that Whiteside does have a blind side to his game.

CrushAlot
USA
1/16/2016  12:08 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I messed around on trade checker and Dragic, Anderson, Whiteside works for D12. Not sure either team would do that deal but it seems like something both might consider.
2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy