[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

10/19/2015  8:11 PM
Shump on NBA TV talking about the trade to Cleveland..Said he was hurt..But JR understood more it's a business..
AUTOADVERT
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/20/2015  4:11 AM
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:Holfresh - Thanks for the video! Man, I have to admit, he looks like a talent. Lost on defense but as mreinman said, I almost expect that. Even great defenders can't guard Westbrook and the like much.
I would have been happy if we got him (not based on that video.) I was leaning towards KP due to him maybe amounting to something special.

mreinman - Yeah about the shooting, that video showed he scored from the outside too. That was my and everyones concern with him. His TO's were terrible. I can't understand why he had only 3 assists, he normally seems to dish it well.

Grant so far is right there with Mudiay, though funnily enough, Grant hasn't shown much with his shot. Grant seems like he might help us forget Mudiay in the short term and KP in a few years...

Grant is not in the same class as Mudiay...

I said "so far". I understand he doesn'T have his upside. But time will tell...

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/20/2015  11:20 AM
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:Holfresh - Thanks for the video! Man, I have to admit, he looks like a talent. Lost on defense but as mreinman said, I almost expect that. Even great defenders can't guard Westbrook and the like much.
I would have been happy if we got him (not based on that video.) I was leaning towards KP due to him maybe amounting to something special.

mreinman - Yeah about the shooting, that video showed he scored from the outside too. That was my and everyones concern with him. His TO's were terrible. I can't understand why he had only 3 assists, he normally seems to dish it well.

Grant so far is right there with Mudiay, though funnily enough, Grant hasn't shown much with his shot. Grant seems like he might help us forget Mudiay in the short term and KP in a few years...

Yup. Unlike Mudiay, Grant can actually dish the rock plenty without turning the ball over 10 times a game.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/20/2015  12:09 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Yup. Unlike Mudiay, Grant can actually dish the rock plenty without turning the ball over 10 times a game.

I think Mudiay will cut down on turnovers at some point.

His real issue is his D, something I commented on during SL, and noticed again watching some pre-season games.

The funny thing, though, is that his defensive issues are directly linked to his offense. It may simply be a matter of him not being in shape, but for the most part, the only time Mudiay asserts himself is when he has the ball. I tend to think that he is conserving his energy when he is not being tenacious on the defensive end, but this ends up negating his impact on the offensive end.

Not sure who the Denver SG is, but if he can play D, I would put Mudiay on the opponent's 2, where I think he will do a better job. Mudiay's dad is also pretty tall, and I wonder if Mudiay will end up around 6'6/7" by the time he fully matures. He has the frame to put on added weight, which will help him guarding SGs, but I wonder if he will be able to cover PGs when he is fully grown, and how playing good D on opposing PGs will affect his offensive performance.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

10/20/2015  11:49 PM
Interesting...Hoiberg obviously wants Mirotic playing a stretch role, but he must be a poor defensive player.

Will be interesting to see how this works out for them. You wonder how Portis might fit into the equation for these guys at some point.

chicago.suntimes.com
Fred Hoiberg toying with the idea of making Joakim Noah a reserve as Bulls beat Pacers - Chicago
Major League Baseball

Derrick Rose was hitting the pads on Tuesday, while Joakim Noah was hitting the bench.

And with the games actually counting in less than a week, Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg obviously still had more questions about his roster than answers.

“Whatever is best for the team,’’ Noah said of his temporary demotion from the starting lineup to the bench prior to the 103-94 win over the Indiana Pacers. “It’s not about me right now. It’s about this team. We have to figure out ways to get better. And we will.’’

They might want to in a hurry, especially with the Bulls scheduled to tip off the NBA regular season Oct. 27 against LeBron James and the defending Eastern Conference Champion Cleveland Cavaliers.

So while Hoiberg was not exactly admitting that he’s completely sold on the idea that Noah would be better served as a full-time bench player, the fact that he was experimenting with it at least showed that it was in play. Not the kind of news Noah might want to be hearing, especially in a contract year, but news that Hoiberg said his veteran center handled like a professional.

“No, he was great,’’ Hoiberg said of the discussion he had with Noah. “I think he’s excited to get out there and play with [reserve] Taj [Gibson]. He’s excited about the chemistry that those two have out there on the floor together.

“He didn’t fight it one bit. And again, nothing is final to this point.’’

What Hoiberg will be weighing with just one preseason game left is using Pau Gasol and Niko Mirotic as starters, while keeping Noah and Gibson as his second unit frontcourt. If Tuesday was any indication of looking for fast starts, Mirotic did score 11 in that opening quarter against the Pacers, while Gasol had five.

The problem?

The Bulls surrendered 21 of Indiana’s 34 first-quarter points with Gasol and Mirotic playing together in that opening seven-plus minutes.

There was take, but way too much give.

“We still haven’t made a decision,’’ Hoiberg did say several times, when asked about having a definite starting lineup.

The one player that continued to be in jeopardy of answering the bell for that first game against the Cavs was Rose, who continued rehabbing his way back from a Sept. 30 surgery to repair a orbital fracture. There was, however, good news on that front.

“I was very encouraged by the session we had with Derrick [Tuesday],’’ Hoiberg said. “We were in there at about 11 o’clock and he came in and got a great workout, got a good lift, got a tempo run. And then he got a very good basketball workout where we hit him with some contact, hit him with the pad, put him through the offense with the coaches that were there. And really encouraged by the way he looked out there on the floor.’’

With the Bulls not playing their final preseason game until Friday, Hoiberg’s hope was that Rose would be ready for full contact in practice by the end of the week, and then who knows? But being ready for the intensity of a regular-season game by Tuesday would be a lot to ask.

“The last thing in the world you want to do is put him in a bad situation where he hasn’t gone through an extended time of full contact,’’ Hoiberg said of Rose. “So we’re going to be careful. We’ll be cautious with it. I’ve said this all along: It’s a long, long season, and you just don’t want to put him out there and jeopardize him.’’

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh

10/21/2015  12:38 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2015  12:39 AM
Clippers looking good this year..Do they have the heart??..They brought in Pierce, Stevenson, Prigs, and Josh Smith, we will see...
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/21/2015  12:30 PM
Jimmer Fredette will be waived by the San Antonio Spurs.

Fredette signed a camp deal with the Spurs this offseason.

Fredette spent last season with the New Orleans Pelicans.

Remember last season (or was it the season before that?) when people on these boards were having a nervous breakdown at us not offering him a 3 year contract? Same again last season with... was it JayMichael Green (can't even remember his name now)!

WaltLongmire

10/21/2015  1:10 PM
smackeddog wrote:
Jimmer Fredette will be waived by the San Antonio Spurs.

Fredette signed a camp deal with the Spurs this offseason.

Fredette spent last season with the New Orleans Pelicans.

Remember last season (or was it the season before that?) when people on these boards were having a nervous breakdown at us not offering him a 3 year contract? Same again last season with... was it JayMichael Green (can't even remember his name now)!

You would have thought that a team like SA might be a good place for him to carve out a career.

Trending toward bust.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/21/2015  7:38 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire

10/21/2015  8:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

So the Cavs will now have a $16+M player coming off their bench.

Wow.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/21/2015  8:57 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow.

the cavs will do what lebron tells them to do

so here is what phil is thinking ....
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/21/2015  8:57 PM
As fantastic offensive players as Mirotic and Gasol are, you can't play them together.Their terrible defensive is going to end up costing them a lot of points.
The Future is Bright!
Swishfm3
Member: #392
10/21/2015  9:03 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow.

I think T.Thompson is a fantastic player but its a mistake to sign a player, in any sport, based off of a playoff series.

holfresh

10/21/2015  9:07 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow.

We had a 24 mil player coming off the bench and not as productive..

mreinman

10/21/2015  9:11 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow.

I think T.Thompson is a fantastic player but its a mistake to sign a player, in any sport, based off of a playoff series.

he had a very good season an has improved every year through his first 4.

WaltLongmire

10/21/2015  9:49 PM
mreinman wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow.

Cavs were bidding against themselves. I see Lebron's fingerprints on this contract.

WaltLongmire

10/21/2015  10:09 PM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow.

We had a 24 mil player coming off the bench and not as productive..

You are joking, right.

One was signed as a franchise type player and he was an All-Star. I'm not even saying that I wanted Amare here or that we didn't pay him too much, but the guy had done something in the league.

Thompson is a complimentary player, who has minimal value without having stars to do the things he can't do.

You are signing a non-starter to the kind of money a good starter might get.

Not my money, but this was strictly a James signing, IMO.

WaltLongmire

10/21/2015  10:11 PM
mreinman wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow.

Aren't you the guy who only wants his 4s shooting 3s???
mreinman

10/22/2015  4:02 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow.

Aren't you the guy who only wants his 4s shooting 3s???

uh ... no.

I want a player to shoot a high percentage (TS). If he can shoot 3's efficiently then of course he should do that. If he is not a 3 point shooter and still shoots efficiently thats ok too.

I have a problem with 4's who shoot from right inside the line like blake and aldridge. there is no reason to take that shot. Move that out a bit and get the higher value.

I like what AD is doing, I like the sick potential of KP from deep, LA is becoming a 3 point shooter, curious to see what happens with blake.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/22/2015  7:20 AM
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Wow.

the cavs will do what lebron tells them to do

and he takes them to the finals. Literally.

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy