[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/5/2015  11:12 PM
Knicks have their own history, graphics and design. Nets don't have that, but are using a bit of NY image which I think is cool. Using mosaic tile design found in many subways.
AUTOADVERT
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

10/6/2015  3:15 PM
VERY COOL!
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/6/2015  7:42 PM
Just watching the Sixers/Wizards pre-season game. Very impressed with Okafor -- he was 4-4 early on, all on jump shots. Showing a little more finesse than I remember.
TPercy
Member: #5748

10/6/2015  9:19 PM
Stanley Johnson is going Off!
The Future is Bright!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/6/2015  10:12 PM
You know if I owned Philadelphia Id fire the GM and coach today--yes after pre season game #1.

There really is no process--there is absolutely no concept here other than making trades for draft picks and fielding a low budget team. This is just a version of the LA Clippers under Donald Sterling and its just a 3-4 years on going disaster with no end in sight.

You have to give something to a fan--this guy Hinkie is not the right man for the job. Maybe he could be a guy who can help but he cant evaluate talent and he has no clue how to put a team together.

RIP Crushalot😞
mreinman
Member: #3189

10/6/2015  10:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:You know if I owned Philadelphia Id fire the GM and coach today--yes after pre season game #1.

There really is no process--there is absolutely no concept here other than making trades for draft picks and fielding a low budget team. This is just a version of the LA Clippers under Donald Sterling and its just a 3-4 years on going disaster with no end in sight.

You have to give something to a fan--this guy Hinkie is not the right man for the job. Maybe he could be a guy who can help but he cant evaluate talent and he has no clue how to put a team together.

I am really glad that you don't own the team.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/6/2015  10:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:You know if I owned Philadelphia Id fire the GM and coach today--yes after pre season game #1.

I can't wait to see who they keep for their point guards. I think either Canaan or Pierre Jackson is cut. Hinkie is pretty complex. He does great things like paying for Jackson's rehab when he had no obligation to. However, every year at the deadline he makes a trade to increase the Sixers cap hold so he doesn't have to pay his players for being so far under the cap. A couple of my really good friends are diehard Philly fans. They watch the flyers in the winter and check in on the Sixers at draft time. Hinkie needs to move on from just collecting assets. It will be interesting to see if he an do it.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman

10/6/2015  10:46 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I can't wait to see who they keep for their point guards. I think either Canaan or Pierre Jackson is cut. Hinkie is pretty complex. He does great things like paying for Jackson's rehab when he had no obligation to. However, every year at the deadline he makes a trade to increase the Sixers cap hold so he doesn't have to pay his players for being so far under the cap. A couple of my really good friends are diehard Philly fans. They watch the flyers in the winter and check in on the Sixers at draft time. Hinkie needs to move on from just collecting assets. It will be interesting to see if he an do it.

fair take. He definitely has what to prove but so far he has proven that he is the best in the league at building value and assets.

BRIGGS
10/6/2015  11:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

0 team building skills
poor talent evaluation
poor risk management
No basketball identity
Not even a couple of veterans to show a path.

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/6/2015  11:12 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

0 team building skills
poor talent evaluation
poor risk management
No basketball identity

I agree. But I would love for the Knicks to Pierre Jackson if he was waived.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BRIGGS
10/6/2015  11:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

0 team building skills
poor talent evaluation
poor risk management
No basketball identity

I agree. But I would love for the Knicks to Pierre Jackson if he was waived.

The Knicks dont want a 5-10 G

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
USA
10/7/2015  10:30 AM
Vs euro teams the Nets last nite became the just the 17th NBA team to lose in an exhibition game. This includes THREE CHAMPIONSHIP teams who have fallen in a preseason game!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_played_between_NBA_and_international_teams

Remember, starters don't play starter minutes and other players are trying to make the team while the euro teams have ex players or those who got cut and are out for blood!

While this current Net team is no contending squad on paper, its really not any indication of what is to be.

Get a hot guy on the floor you never know what can happen! One instance:

Oscar Schmidt is like the Michael Jordan of international hoops. He stood at 6'8" and could flat out shoot it. You don't get the name "Mao Santa" a.k.a."The Holy Hand" for nothing. The Brazilian legend played for 26 years (1974–2003) scoring a total of 49,703 points, about 11,000 more than Kareem. He also scored the most points in an Olympic game with 55 and averaged damn near 30 per contest in his Olympic career. Oscar had plenty of chances to play in the L, but instead chose to stay an amateur so he would be eligible to play for the Brazilian National Team. He once scored 46 points in a Pan-Am game vs. a US team that featured David Robinson, Danny Manning, and Pervis Ellison—a game Brazil won 120-115 after trailing 68-54 at halftime.

Granted, its no pro game but you get the drift. If the Euro league consolidated into 30 teams and unified itself it could field some very good teams. Get a team with one or two former NBA guys, or guys that matured and could play but are making good money and enjoying a good career overseas, along with one future NBA yoot, and some big bodies and you can beat an NBA team preseason. ITs been done.

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/7/2015  10:45 AM
Dangelo Russell is already injured. So glad he wasn't there for us to draft. He strikes me as a guy who will be in and out of the lineup. There were major concerns about Stephen Curry's durability but he shoots it so well from the perimeter, might go down as the best shooter of all time l, that he doesn't need to get closer to the basket and take a pounding to score. Mudiay might be a good pro but it's going to take a few years like it did for John Wall to develop a somewhat reliable jumper. I stand by my belief that we drafted the best guy available after Towns. Might even be better and more dynamic & unique than Towns
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/7/2015  10:52 AM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

fair take. He definitely has what to prove but so far he has proven that he is the best in the league at building value and assets.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
USA
10/7/2015  10:54 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Dangelo Russell is already injured. So glad he wasn't there for us to draft. He strikes me as a guy who will be in and out of the lineup. There were major concerns about Stephen Curry's durability but he shoots it so well from the perimeter, might go down as the best shooter of all time l, that he doesn't need to get closer to the basket and take a pounding to score. Mudiay might be a good pro but it's going to take a few years like it did for John Wall to develop a somewhat reliable jumper. I stand by my belief that we drafted the best guy available after Towns. Might even be better and more dynamic & unique than Towns

While I love the idea of a guy 7-3 and might be still growing with his level of athletic ability we can't extrapolate Russell's career based on one week and him being injured. KP has also sat out and we might also sit him. These guys are young.

We'll never know if Deangelo fell to us and KP was also on the board who we would have taken. All things equal, basketball is a tall mans game and 7-3 is very interesting indeed!

mreinman

10/7/2015  10:55 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/7/2015  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2015  11:08 AM
Nalod wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Dangelo Russell is already injured. So glad he wasn't there for us to draft. He strikes me as a guy who will be in and out of the lineup. There were major concerns about Stephen Curry's durability but he shoots it so well from the perimeter, might go down as the best shooter of all time l, that he doesn't need to get closer to the basket and take a pounding to score. Mudiay might be a good pro but it's going to take a few years like it did for John Wall to develop a somewhat reliable jumper. I stand by my belief that we drafted the best guy available after Towns. Might even be better and more dynamic & unique than Towns

While I love the idea of a guy 7-3 and might be still growing with his level of athletic ability we can't extrapolate Russell's career based on one week and him being injured. KP has also sat out and we might also sit him. These guys are young.

We'll never know if Deangelo fell to us and KP was also on the board who we would have taken. All things equal, basketball is a tall mans game and 7-3 is very interesting indeed!

Yea Actuslly KP might miss some games as well being so tall and slender. It all depends on his his body develops but I rather have the 7'3 player do it all player that occasionally gets nicked up than a slender guard. Camby & AK47 spent Aton of time on the IR but they were game changers defensively when they were on the floor. A guard who is not 100% is pretty worthless because he has the ball in his hands a lot more. This is the one reason why I'd gmhave to give Towns the edge. He already had an NBA body at 19 by we'll see. It's exciting because we've never seen a 7'3 kid who still might be growing with these skills

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/7/2015  11:21 AM
mreinman wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

The clips do fit together rather well.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
USA
10/7/2015  12:36 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Yea Actuslly KP might miss some games as well being so tall and slender. It all depends on his his body develops but I rather have the 7'3 player do it all player that occasionally gets nicked up than a slender guard. Camby & AK47 spent Aton of time on the IR but they were game changers defensively when they were on the floor. A guard who is not 100% is pretty worthless because he has the ball in his hands a lot more. This is the one reason why I'd gmhave to give Towns the edge. He already had an NBA body at 19 by we'll see. It's exciting because we've never seen a 7'3 kid who still might be growing with these skills

THis draft was more interesting to us because we were positioned as were were. Basically it was okafor for most of the year until Towns got the hype and I think deserved the top spot.
Naturally as a fan each of the Townes, Russell, Mundiay and oka4 will be watched more by us. KP surged late so he was not in that mix early.

I like that Phil swung for the fence and in my group was the only way happy when the pick was announced! In time the media and his personality has gone a long way to win folks over. Remember, they booed him on draft nite!!

I will watch a little Timberwolves, Lakers and even Philly to see how the rooks do.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/7/2015  1:08 PM
I read Willie Cauley-Stein was out of shape in training camp and struggled to run up and down the court. Worrying if true, but he seemed to do okay in his debut.
2015-16 Other NBA games and League things.......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy