I wonder if Dampier wants to come East now
PURE KNICKS LOVE
AUTOADVERT
Starks3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #211
USA
7/14/2004  4:14 PM
This is offically the worst day in my life.....I live down here and noone will stop talking about it. My hate passion toward the Heat has always been high since i survived all the playoff series, but this is going to be hard to swallow especcially all my Heat fan frineds keep calling me, its just depressing...I just hope the Knicks do something to counter this move.
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/14/2004  4:25 PM
shaq is one of a kind ---there is no counter-the only reason the pistons beat the lakers is because malone got hurt and they had several bigs other than mutumbo[who may not be here we dont have 1 guy. on top of that miami signed doleac who at 6-11 265 is still much bigger than any knick

we have 0 chance of getting by indiana detroit or the nets unless miracles happen so it will be first round and out. what we need are young BIGS
RIP Crushalot😞
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/14/2004  4:55 PM
Lol, it would be pretty funny if Isiah got us either Dampier or Big Z by the end of the day. Big Z is now a more realistic possibility because according to ESPN, Gund said he won't match the offer for Boozer.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1839664

[Edited by - s3231 on 07/14/2004 17:01:03]
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/14/2004  5:39 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

shaq is one of a kind ---there is no counter-the only reason the pistons beat the lakers is because malone got hurt and they had several bigs other than mutumbo[who may not be here we dont have 1 guy. on top of that miami signed doleac who at 6-11 265 is still much bigger than any knick

we have 0 chance of getting by indiana detroit or the nets unless miracles happen so it will be first round and out. what we need are young BIGS

Don't downplay the great performance that Detroit had against the Lakers. To say they only won because Malone was hurt is just wrong. They simply dominated the Lakers in every aspect of the game. It looked so bad I felt pity for them. Their defense was just magnificent. Shaq was great, but he can't carry a team alone. He is unstoppable most of the times, but if you shut down the other players his team is doomed, just like Detroit did. The Pistons earned their championship with great team effort. A healthy Malone could've made the series interesting, but still the better team was the Pistons.
Knicks_Fan
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/14/2004  5:50 PM
Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, Nazr, Deke and Frank Williams couldnt have gotten us Shaq compared to Miami's Brian Grant, Odom and Butler and a future 1st?

Man...
s3231
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #544
USA
7/14/2004  6:07 PM
Posted by Caseloads:

Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, Nazr, Deke and Frank Williams couldnt have gotten us Shaq compared to Miami's Brian Grant, Odom and Butler and a future 1st?

Man...

I don't think we were on Shaq's list (because he wants to live South) so they probably didn't even think about trading with us.
"This is a very cautious situation that we're in. You have to be conservative in terms of using your assets and using them wisely. We're building for the future." - Zeke (I guess not protecting a first round pick is being conservative)
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/14/2004  6:53 PM
There goes the East and the NBA Championship. This is probably the biggest trade in the history of the NBA. I know Shaq is old, but he is still unstopable for atleast 2 years.

Were there any other trades as big as this one where a team traded away the most dominant player of the time?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Knicksfan
USA
7/14/2004  6:55 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

There goes the East and the NBA Championship. This is probably the biggest trade in the history of the NBA. I know Shaq is old, but he is still unstopable for atleast 2 years.

Were there any other trades as big as this one where a team traded away the most dominant player of the time?

Detroit
Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
7/14/2004  6:59 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Actually Chamberlain and K. Abdul Jabar were traded in similar trades. ESPN has an article about that. The guys that weren't of equal value compared to those Stars.
Knicks_Fan
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/14/2004  7:11 PM
Posted by Starks3:

This is offically the worst day in my life.....I live down here and noone will stop talking about it. My hate passion toward the Heat has always been high since i survived all the playoff series, but this is going to be hard to swallow especcially all my Heat fan frineds keep calling me, its just depressing...I just hope the Knicks do something to counter this move.

That's bull man. Shaq in the east doesn't scare me.

The Knicks have some moves in place and the Knicks will get better.

Again the Knicks can't get into the "stop Shaq" mentality already cuz then we already lost the battle. Knicks have to concentrate on getting better as a team.

Allan Houston has been talking stuff about Isiah's need to get someone to bang with him......How about because of him Isiah needs to get a shooting guard with better skills and heart to compete with the athletisism out there in the league.....

Houston is a idiot.

Don't let the closet Knick fans in Miami mess with you man......

Have more pride in your Knicks!!!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
7/14/2004  7:42 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

sir charles deal was pretty damn big deal then: hornacek, clubber lang, and i think perry

[Edited by - Bobby on 07/14/2004 19:55:04]
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/14/2004  8:08 PM
the heat got a dominant player but they are still thin in depth, even thinner than they were last year. The heat don't scare me, I mean the pistons whipped the lakers with both Kobe and shaq, wade and shaq don't really scare me...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/14/2004  8:11 PM
Dr J was sold to the Sixers for 6 million. A huge sum in 1976!

Kareem, Wilt, Earl the Pearl,

Shaq did this cuz he felt "not respected", his reasoning is such bull crap. Kobe is right, he gets out of shape and is a big baby about his injuries. If he had Alonzos or Patricks work ethic he would be a a CONSISTANT monster. He won't shoot fouls underhand cuz he things its "girly". For 30mil a year, he should just make them.

Buss did the right thing by ridding himself of that mess. Lakes got him for cheap, 3 rings so I don't feel bad for them. All had a good time and made out ok.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/14/2004  8:15 PM
LOL, the Heat are the best team in the nBA with the Spurs Pacers and Pistons. Everyone else is nothing--UNLESS kobe goes to the LAC--which is not happening.
RIP Crushalot😞
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
7/14/2004  8:23 PM
Shaq might be whinning a little about this year but he is still the best player in the game. The only player that can slow him down and/or score on him is Duncan who is the second best player.

He is definately the most dominant player right now. His skill is declining and he is getting a little slow but I would love to have him on the Knicks. Wade and Shaq might not scare some but they scare me. We need a center. Get us a center Zeke.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
flyingvee
Member: #405
7/14/2004  8:43 PM
Some of you guys are right. In LA he had Kobe and for the most part Payton and his other cast. In Miami, he has Wade and what else? Eddie Jones could be good still but that is it. That team is not going to far, maybe second round and out.
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
7/14/2004  8:51 PM
negative........getting shaq is instant championship, cause shaq would have it no other way. shaq will be separated from phil jackson that may be the only weakness in shaq's game. otherwise the only player capable of stopping shaq is shaq himself......it will be interesting to see the mix svg will offer miami with diesel action.

ps....anyone having second thoughts about eddie jones better think again. jones led all miami scorers in the last 3-4 years.

wow...just imagine what would happen if kobe met shaq in the finals

[Edited by - Bobby on 07/14/2004 21:01:09]
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
OT: It's Official....Shaq to Miami

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy