[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo: "Hell No"...
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/5/2015  8:55 PM
OMG this Bull never stops!!! Phil wanted Melo and he wasn't forced to sign him. Melo gave a small discount but overall his contract is less in the new Cap anyway. Further, Melo sees the changes and it sounds like he's pleased with the team and its prospects for the future. Why shouldn't he be? This team will be better this year and should continue to get better. Melo can relax and concentrate on winning in the city he wants to be in. It's All Good from Melo's perspective!!!
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
10/5/2015  9:00 PM
nixluva wrote:OMG this Bull never stops!!! Phil wanted Melo and he wasn't forced to sign him. Melo gave a small discount but overall his contract is less in the new Cap anyway. Further, Melo sees the changes and it sounds like he's pleased with the team and its prospects for the future. Why shouldn't he be? This team will be better this year and should continue to get better. Melo can relax and concentrate on winning in the city he wants to be in. It's All Good from Melo's perspective!!!

phil wanted melo at what cost? what would have been a fair contract... not this ridiculous one? just give me a number. no words: a number.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/5/2015  9:03 PM
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:OMG this Bull never stops!!! Phil wanted Melo and he wasn't forced to sign him. Melo gave a small discount but overall his contract is less in the new Cap anyway. Further, Melo sees the changes and it sounds like he's pleased with the team and its prospects for the future. Why shouldn't he be? This team will be better this year and should continue to get better. Melo can relax and concentrate on winning in the city he wants to be in. It's All Good from Melo's perspective!!!

phil wanted melo at what cost? what would have been a fair contract... not this ridiculous one? just give me a number. no words: a number.

124 mil with a no trade clause
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/5/2015  9:03 PM

This.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

10/5/2015  9:13 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:I think he realizes he is stuck here regardless. Not many will take on that contract AND give up a lot

Melo and that contract would be easy to trade and we'd still get a boat load in return. No doubt about it.

nixluva
USA
10/5/2015  9:32 PM
Heck Melo is GOOD! If Melo shows he's healthy and this team makes significant progress it may not be that hard to get a Free Agent to come here. A little winning and some flashes of talent from KP and Jerian might just do it for a Free Agent.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/5/2015  10:04 PM
Truthfully im so tired of hearing about melo whether its the haters or lovers. Im more excited about our two rookies. I also like that we have some better depth in the frontcourt. Like i said many times this year is about progress especially with grant and kp.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/6/2015  10:54 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:He indeed made his $124m "bed" and gets to lay in it.

Let's see if he keeps the same tune later in the season.

LBJ and KD are both headed for 200 mill contract, but you take MELO out and Put LBJ or KD on this roster, and we would still be projected to win 30+ games, only they would be making 7 to 10 mill more per. Then the argument would be they have no official 2nd scorer, not about how overpaid they are.

If (lbj and KD) played on the knicks last season, they both would avg 45 shots ppg, would pppl call them selfish, or chalk it up to terrible support.

The ass hole reporter who asks a player if he's going to request a trade if your team struggles, is about as dumb as dumber can get.

Don't ever use Melo and Lebron in the same sentence...

What was i thinking, it's like MELO joined 2 other elite players to finally win a title, or that melo held the title for the biggest douche in sports.

LBJ or KD on this current Knick squad as composed probably wins 50 games and makes the Eastern Conference Finals at minimum.

Let's see how far our $124m man takes us.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/6/2015  11:04 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

LBJ and KD are both headed for 200 mill contract, but you take MELO out and Put LBJ or KD on this roster, and we would still be projected to win 30+ games, only they would be making 7 to 10 mill more per. Then the argument would be they have no official 2nd scorer, not about how overpaid they are.

If (lbj and KD) played on the knicks last season, they both would avg 45 shots ppg, would pppl call them selfish, or chalk it up to terrible support.

The ass hole reporter who asks a player if he's going to request a trade if your team struggles, is about as dumb as dumber can get.

What was i thinking, it's like MELO joined 2 other elite players to finally win a title, or that melo held the title for the biggest douche in sports.

LBJ or KD on this current Knick squad as composed probably wins 50 games and makes the Eastern Conference Finals at minimum.

I'm confident Lebron could accomplish something like that. Don't know about KD, have yet to see him in a situation like that.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
10/6/2015  11:21 AM
With Melo's contract the Knicks have the 4th lowest salary cap in the NBA and have cap flexibility over the next few yrs barring any trades which they also have the flexibility to make. Melo's contract hasn't prevented the Knicks from signing any free agents this past off season due to lack of funds.

With Lopez, KP, Q'uinn, Serephin and Hermongomez coming in next season there is already a lot of potential in the front court without having to spend much more money on it. Which gives us the flexibility to focus on adding youthful upgrades at the guard position.

Complaining about Melo's contract is pretty much irrelevant at this moment.

ChuckBuck
USA
10/6/2015  11:30 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

It is relevant, if the Knicks are even contemplating about KD this summer...

Only have 19.5 or so to give, and obviously Durant isn't taking a paycut. We'd pretty much have to move alot of signings like Afflalo, O'Quinn, potentially KP to free up the $25m Durant will be seeking.

So yea, Melo's contract does hinder any pursuit of Durant. Shame. Instead of 10% to 15% chance it's more like negative infinity.

Just shame all around. Fish and KD were tight too.

newyorknewyork
10/6/2015  11:53 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Only have 19.5 or so to give, and obviously Durant isn't taking a paycut. We'd pretty much have to move alot of signings like Afflalo, O'Quinn, potentially KP to free up the $25m Durant will be seeking.

So yea, Melo's contract does hinder any pursuit of Durant. Shame. Instead of 10% to 15% chance it's more like negative infinity.

Silliness, #1 you blame Melo's contract when trading for Calderon's 7.7mil and giving D.Williams a 4.6mil player option which takes up 12mil in cap space has more of an impact.

#2 If KD wants to come here we can make the money for him to come here, saying KD won't take any type of pay cut also isn't based off any actual facts. He won't for 19.5 mil but its possible for 23-24mil. I doubt he would turn that down and if he did then we were never a serious option since that 1-2mil could be made up easily from the org. You also conveniently left out the part of the article that said we could stretch Calderon giving us like 23mil in cap space I believe. That would leave trading preferably D.Williams or Serephin for a future draft pick to cover the difference if necessary.

But damn losing Calderon and Serephin or D.Williams for KD would devestating.

nixluva
USA
10/6/2015  11:56 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

I'm confident Lebron could accomplish something like that. Don't know about KD, have yet to see him in a situation like that.

Yeah plus we should never start any comparison with what Lebron would do!!! I mean it's hard to really make any fair comparison when you use the best player in the game as the reference point. Is anyone suggesting Melo is that kind of player? I will say tho that Melo does have a history and it's actually pretty clear. Melo's teams have all been above .500 with the exception of the last 2 seasons. We all know the reason why the last 2 years went so wrong. But with a solid team and Melo being relatively healthy his norm is to be above .500 and that's a fact. I see no reason this team can't be above .500 this year.

Season Team W L W/L% Finish Playoffs
2014-15 New York Knicks 17 65 .207 5
2013-14 New York Knicks 37 45 .451 3

2012-13 New York Knicks* 54 28 .659 1 Lost E. Conf. Semis
2011-12 New York Knicks* 36 30 .545 2 Lost E. Conf. 1st Rnd.
2010-11 New York Knicks* 42 40 .512 2 Lost E. Conf. 1st Rnd.
2009-10 Denver Nuggets* 53 29 .646 1 Lost W. Conf. 1st Rnd.
2008-09 Denver Nuggets* 54 28 .659 1 Lost W. Conf. Finals
2007-08 Denver Nuggets* 50 32 .610 2 Lost W. Conf. 1st Rnd.
2006-07 Denver Nuggets* 45 37 .549 2 Lost W. Conf. 1st Rnd.
2005-06 Denver Nuggets* 44 38 .537 1 Lost W. Conf. 1st Rnd.
2004-05 Denver Nuggets* 49 33 .598 2 Lost W. Conf. 1st Rnd.
2003-04 Denver Nuggets* 43 39 .524 6 Lost W. Conf. 1st Rnd.
ChuckBuck
USA
10/6/2015  12:15 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Silliness, #1 you blame Melo's contract when trading for Calderon's 7.7mil and giving D.Williams a 4.6mil player option which takes up 12mil in cap space has more of an impact.

#2 If KD wants to come here we can make the money for him to come here, saying KD won't take any type of pay cut also isn't based off any actual facts. He won't for 19.5 mil but its possible for 23-24mil. I doubt he would turn that down and if he did then we were never a serious option since that 1-2mil could be made up easily from the org. You also conveniently left out the part of the article that said we could stretch Calderon giving us like 23mil in cap space I believe. That would leave trading preferably D.Williams or Serephin for a future draft pick to cover the difference if necessary.

Basically every player salary on the Knicks is moveable, even Melo to a certain extent.

Just stating the fact if Jackson had just let Melo walk, we'd be in a much more enviable position then having to move parts we just signed. We'd have the ability to sign 2 max deals potentially with KD being the centerpiece, no matter how far fetched that sounds.

None of this is guaranteed obviously, but it's to put yourself in that position that hurts, if KD would remotely even entertain the idea of playing in New York.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/6/2015  12:18 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I find this misleading.

Knicks cap space only at $19.5 if both Afflalo and DWill opt in. And you can always cut Calderon for some extra $.

So barring the worst possible scenario of everyone opting in, not making any trades, Durant only moving if he can get $25M, then maybe you are correct.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ChuckBuck
USA
10/6/2015  12:28 PM
martin wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I find this misleading.

Knicks cap space only at $19.5 if both Afflalo and DWill opt in. And you can always cut Calderon for some extra $.

So barring the worst possible scenario of everyone opting in, not making any trades, Durant only moving if he can get $25M, then maybe you are correct.

I don't know all the numbers scenarios, just that some players will opt in, some will opt out, and possibly Jose will be stretched.

I mean I don't see any scenario where KD would take a paycut leaving his own team. Does any player in their prime leave money on the table (Lebron excluded for obvious super teaming reasons)?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/6/2015  12:38 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
martin wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I find this misleading.

I don't know all the numbers scenarios, just that some players will opt in, some will opt out, and possibly Jose will be stretched.

I mean I don't see any scenario where KD would take a paycut leaving his own team. Does any player in their prime leave money on the table (Lebron excluded for obvious super teaming reasons)?

Do you really think that KD's thought process would be... "Knicks can only give me starting of $23.5M but I want $25M? Fuck that"

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/6/2015  12:40 PM
what about trading Melo for KD?

Stupid question - what the hell is Melo supposed to say?

Reporters seem to ask the stupidest questions - not sure why - maybe they don't want to ask really hard questions.

Melo - what insights did you gain from your off season time scrimmaging with some of your new team mates?

When you talk about competing for a championship - what three things do you think you need to see that kind of success?

How will you/we be able to assess your comeback from surgery?

ChuckBuck
USA
10/6/2015  1:26 PM
martin wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
martin wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I find this misleading.

Do you really think that KD's thought process would be... "Knicks can only give me starting of $23.5M but I want $25M? Fuck that"

Depends on who else is offering. If another team can offer the same amount and has a more desirable roster and tax situation ala Texas or Florida, KD will sign elsewhere.

But to even smell his musk, you have to be in fiscal position in the first place.

newyorknewyork
10/6/2015  1:26 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Basically every player salary on the Knicks is moveable, even Melo to a certain extent.

Just stating the fact if Jackson had just let Melo walk, we'd be in a much more enviable position then having to move parts we just signed. We'd have the ability to sign 2 max deals potentially with KD being the centerpiece, no matter how far fetched that sounds.

None of this is guaranteed obviously, but it's to put yourself in that position that hurts, if KD would remotely even entertain the idea of playing in New York.

Moving parts we just signed? Calderon and Serephin or Williams are expendable and could be replaced. Adding Durant with Melo would give us the same 2 max player senario. I doubt in your mind you are actually thinking if only we didn't have to give up Calderon and Serephin or Williams.

Now saying you don't like Melo as a player so don't want him on the team would be cutting to the chase. Trying to find angles like his contract is were things get harry given the circumstances of cap flexibility we have. Again 4th lowest payroll even though his contract was supposed to devistate this team. We could offer non KD level players up the 19mil which is Jimmy Butler level.

Melo: "Hell No"...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy