Begley: Fisher considering KP as a starter
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/4/2015  1:05 AM
gunsnewing wrote:Woodson wants Carmelo to lose weight
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/mike-woodson-carmelo-anthony-shape-season-article-1.1072906

There is a reason weight we go in to every offseason talking about Melo's weight and how how much he has lost going into the season. Because he is out of shape towards the end of the season. The evidence is in his play late in the year and probably why he wants to play PF and not move around as much. He wants to play the 4 like he did at the tail end of the 54win season Crush is referring to

That next season was one of the ones where Clyde said Melo was in supreme shape. The team also won 54 games and Melo was an MVP candidate. If D12 doesn't almost end his season he might have won it.
Woodson was a very good coach for the Knicks when he had the support of management. The guy just won and he was able to communicate with the players.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/4/2015  1:13 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/mike-woodson-carmelo-anthony-shape-season-article-1.1072906

There is a reason weight we go in to every offseason talking about Melo's weight and how how much he has lost going into the season. Because he is out of shape towards the end of the season. The evidence is in his play late in the year and probably why he wants to play PF and not move around as much. He wants to play the 4 like he did at the tail end of the 54win season Crush is referring to

That next season was one of the ones where Clyde said Melo was in supreme shape. The team also won 54 games and Melo was an MVP candidate. If D12 doesn't almost end his season he might have won it.
Woodson was a very good coach for the Knicks when he had the support of management. The guy just won and he was able to communicate with the players.

A year ago...
August 13, 2014
http://nypost.com/2014/08/13/melo-getting-into-triangle-shape/

Anthony was listed at 230 pounds as a Denver rookie in 2003 and appears to be close to that goal. Last season, the 6-foot-8 Anthony was listed in the Knicks preseason media guide at 240, but likely played at least 5 to 10 pounds heavier as the season wore on.
-Marc Berman

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/4/2015  9:08 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

can't believe that people really think that the knicks play that well without Kidd.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
USA
10/4/2015  9:25 AM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

can't believe that people really think that the knicks play that well without Kidd.

They went 18-6 after struggling for the entire season once Woodson took over. The 16-2 run to end the next season was when Kidd was wearing down.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/4/2015  9:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2015  9:49 AM
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Kidds intangibles and leadership was a big piece and made him a high level role player. He played 76 games at 27 mins per game. 535 TS%, 6pts, 4rebs, 3ast, 1to 1.6stls per game. 5.4 win shares, 128 win shares per 48. He lost his ability to penetrate and create like he used to. He was more of a 3 and D shooting guard who made heady intangible plays on offense and defense and provided leadership and was respected. He was perfect compliment to Jr Smiths talent and production who had 18pts-5rebs-2.7ast 1.3stls, 522 TS%, 6.7 win shares, 120 win shares per 48 but an enigma.

In comparison to both Carmelo put up 28.7pts-6.9rebs-2.6ast per game. TS% 535, 9.5 win shares, 184 win shares per 48. Did so at 37 mins per game (not bad for a guy who was out of shape).

How many games we would have won if we didn't have Kidd comes down to the enigma Jr Smith level of contribution. And the un-measurable stat of how much did Kidd's presence keep Smith in check to allow him to perform the way he did. Then again Kidd's leadership didn't stop Jr from elbowing Terry and getting himself suspended. Or being mentally out of it, partying and chasing Rihanna during the playoffs, playing like crap getting abused by Lance Stevenson.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
10/4/2015  11:09 AM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

This means a front line of Lopez, KP, Melo. Guess that means Melo's expectations of playing the 4 spot are not going to be met as much as he wants..

Let me put this characterization to rest. The quote and exchange about this very topic was brought during media day with Melo, check out the video on MSG or nba.com

A reporter asked if Melo expects to play the 4 (some time this season). He answered yes, he'd probably see some time at the 4. Also said he expects Fisher to set the lineups and figure out where he wanted Melo to play and that he didn't really care if it was the 3 or 4.

There was ZERO insinuation, as you have characterized it, that Melo expects, demands, only wants to, etc. regarding what position he plays.

Also, dk7th, if you watch the video, please let me know what kind of shape you think Melo is in at this point.

I don't even think Melo wants to play the 4...Paul George is upset he was asked to play the 4..Just more drama for no appearent reason..

There is no drama, what drama? Only you thinks there is drama...for no apparent reason

Well I was referring to the hissie fit both guns and dk7th pitched when Melo said he will see time at the 4 this season..But if I'm interrupting some male bonding of sorts, please excuse my intrusion..

according to the tweet, this is straight from the horse's mouth:

speaking of mouth.. this is just another example of melo's chronic foot in mouth disorder. as i have said, why can't he just shut the **** up for once and let his bosses make the decisions?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
USA
10/4/2015  11:56 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

This means a front line of Lopez, KP, Melo. Guess that means Melo's expectations of playing the 4 spot are not going to be met as much as he wants..

Let me put this characterization to rest. The quote and exchange about this very topic was brought during media day with Melo, check out the video on MSG or nba.com

A reporter asked if Melo expects to play the 4 (some time this season). He answered yes, he'd probably see some time at the 4. Also said he expects Fisher to set the lineups and figure out where he wanted Melo to play and that he didn't really care if it was the 3 or 4.

There was ZERO insinuation, as you have characterized it, that Melo expects, demands, only wants to, etc. regarding what position he plays.

Also, dk7th, if you watch the video, please let me know what kind of shape you think Melo is in at this point.

I don't even think Melo wants to play the 4...Paul George is upset he was asked to play the 4..Just more drama for no appearent reason..

There is no drama, what drama? Only you thinks there is drama...for no apparent reason

Well I was referring to the hissie fit both guns and dk7th pitched when Melo said he will see time at the 4 this season..But if I'm interrupting some male bonding of sorts, please excuse my intrusion..

speaking of mouth.. this is just another example of melo's chronic foot in mouth disorder. as i have said, why can't he just shut the **** up for once and let his bosses make the decisions?

The bolded is a bit harsh especially since Martin explained the context of the quote. It is all right here in Martin's explanation :
The quote and exchange about this very topic was brought during media day with Melo, check out the video on MSG or nba.com

dk7th
USA
10/4/2015  12:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

They went 18-6 after struggling for the entire season once Woodson took over. The 16-2 run to end the next season was when Kidd was wearing down.

tut tut.. by the end of the season that idiot woodson was forced to utilize prigioni, who was getting jerked around prior to that. both kidd and prigioni were valuable because felton sucked so bad.

here's your 16-2 run, properly broken down to expose the "win is a win" fallacy:

orlando 18-51
toronto 26-43
toronto 26-44
celtics 36-34 no garnett
memphis 47-24 good win but melo was bad and the grizzlies almost pulled it out
bobcats 17-55
celtics 38-35 no garnett
miami 58-16 no wade and no lebron
atlanta 42-34 good win and melo put up terrific numbers
bucks 36-39
okc 56-21 great and i mean great win that gave me hope
wizards 29-49
chicago 43-35 this loss to the bulls was sobering-- great defense stifled us and melo stunk up the joint

cavs 24-55 this game was meaningless
pacers 49-31 this game was meaningless and melo stunk up the joint
bobcats 20-61 this loss was meaningless
atlanta 44-38 this game was meaningless

the last 4 games were meaningless. this brings the run to a more realistic 12-2. of those 12 wins 6 were against very very bad teams. that reduces the run to an even more realistic 6-2. miami did not play wade and lebron-- a clear snub and gamesmanship against the knicks and especially melo-- and that reduces the run to a more realistic 5-2. similarly the celtics were, notably vis a vis the first round of the playoffs that season, without garnett, hence a more realistic run of 3-2.

of the two losses one was meaningless, changing the record to 3-1.

that leaves good wins against atlanta where melo played great, a win against the grizzlies where melo played poorly, and a win against okc which was a true team effort, and which was really the highlight of the latter part of the season. the loss to the bulls exposed the knicks as a team that could fold under superior playoff-level defensive pressure.. which is exactly what occurred in the playoffs that season.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/4/2015  12:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

The bolded is a bit harsh especially since Martin explained the context of the quote. It is all right here in Martin's explanation :
The quote and exchange about this very topic was brought during media day with Melo, check out the video on MSG or nba.com

This is exactly right. dk7th, you continue to prove that you aren't really interested in getting to the bottom of things and just criticize or otherwise take Melo out of context for the hell of it. Go watch the video and see how Melo is just answering a blah question with a blah answer, and not really in line with your Melodrame atmosphere. So perhaps you can take your own advice and shut the **** up for once?

Also, please explain to us all how you can tell if a player is in good shape, supreme shape or elite shape. What's the difference between supreme and elite and how can you tell the difference? I'm still waiting on that one. Use detailed examples, not some smokescreen about some articles regarding someone else making a guess at what a player weighs, that has nothing to do with anything. I want your direct observations and how you came to those conclusions (repeatedly). Don't back down from this, you have patted yourself on the back for being a super smart guy, so show us your stuff.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
dk7th
USA
10/4/2015  12:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2015  1:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

yes i saw the video. the question was a stupid one, let's start there. but the way melo responded, with that dumbass smile, reveals a lot in terms of melo's preference/agenda. then he followed that with a hedge.. here is the link for your viewing pleasure. study his response carefully.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/video/teams/knicks/2015/09/28/dropbox_nyk_melopt2_092815_MSG_RAd__103410.mp4-32809

so my response to martin and anyone else who shares his opinion, is that it isn't the words alone but the way melo expresses those words. similarly, it isn't *that* you win but rather *how* you win that matters....

CrushAlot
USA
10/4/2015  12:50 PM
^^^It isn't in the link you provided. There is a second part. Maybe you saw Melo smiling about something else.
martin
USA
10/4/2015  12:56 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

yes i saw the video. the question was a stupid one, let's start there. but the way melo responded, with that dumbass smile, reveals a lot in terms of melo's preference/agenda. then he followed that with a hedge.. here is the link for your viewing pleasure. study his response carefully.

http://www.nba.com/knicks/video/teams/knicks/2015/09/28/dropbox_nyk_melopt1_092815_MSG_RAd.mp4-32791

so my response to martin and anyone else who shares his opinion, is that it isn't the words alone but the way melo expresses those words. similarly, it isn't *that* you win but rather *how* you win that matters....

Reporter: "Melo, you've had some success playing the 4 in the past, any chance... do you look forward to playing the 4 this season as opposed to the 3?"

Melo: "Im sure I'll be at the 4, especially with the makeup of this team. Im pretty sure I'll be there. Some nights it'll be an advantage and we will go to that and some nights we won't. It'll depend on who we playing, how the game is going, and whether Fish wanna put me at the 4 position. For me it doesn't matter, it doesn't really matter, the 3 or 4, the way that the game is going now, those are the same 2 positions,
So it doesn't really matter for me at this point."

http://www.nba.com/knicks/video/teams/knicks/2015/09/28/dropbox_nyk_melopt1_092815_MSG_RAd.mp4-32791

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/4/2015  1:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2015  1:04 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Every player is up for considering for a starting spot. This is just media swirl. If Fisher goes with a vet that's more ready, they are going to start saying Kristaps is a bust. I bet most writers already have an article waiting in the stash.

I'm not even remotely concerned about KP starting or not. He's destined to start cuz he has the most talent outside of Melo. Who can keep KP from eventually starting? The kid is a top 4 pick with all kinds of talent so at some point the job is his. If it comes early or later it doesn't matter. It's gonna happen IMO. I'm just glad he's been impressive so far and has a legit shot to start.

I'm convinced Phil wants to have a twin tower tandem like he had with Bynum n Pau. The RoLo n KP pairing could be really dynamic next to Melo.

It's definitely the kids destiny to start at the 4. Same could be said alot Jerian Grant at the 1. Rolo seems like he's been given the 5 spot. So essentially we have a our complete roster on hand. We have the outside shooting and size to compete. We will have the scoring of the bench too. Our best case scenario is very good.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
dk7th
USA
10/4/2015  1:03 PM
okay i corrected it in my post but hwre it is again:

http://www.nba.com/knicks/video/teams/knicks/2015/09/28/dropbox_nyk_melopt2_092815_MSG_RAd__103410.mp4-32809

again, it's not merely what he says but how he says what he says.

martin
USA
10/4/2015  1:07 PM
dk7th wrote:okay i corrected it in my post but hwre it is again:

you came to your conclusions before you heard him say it.

Melo: "For me it doesn't matter, it doesn't really matter, the 3 or 4, the way that the game is going now, those are the same 2 positions, So it doesn't really matter for me at this point."

gunsnewing
USA
10/4/2015  1:11 PM
The Chicago game was definitely a foreshadowing of what was to come. Confirmed our worse fears. Be physical with Melo especially with him at the 4 and game over.

2nd Memphis game that year was nice after they pounded Melo and the Knicks earlier in the year with their physical play. Melo was being shudown again that 2nd game but he started making plays for his teammates. It was great! The first time I've seen him play like that for consecutive possessions. Even in the 4th quarter! He never passes the ball in the 4th quarter! Teammates were draining shots off his beautiful passes. It was a great win

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/4/2015  1:14 PM
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Reporter: "Melo, you've had some success playing the 4 in the past, any chance... do you look forward to playing the 4 this season as opposed to the 3?"

Melo: "Im sure I'll be at the 4, especially with the makeup of this team. Im pretty sure I'll be there. Some nights it'll be an advantage and we will go to that and some nights we won't. It'll depend on who we playing, how the game is going, and whether Fish wanna put me at the 4 position. For me it doesn't matter, it doesn't really matter, the 3 or 4, the way that the game is going now, those are the same 2 positions,
So it doesn't really matter for me at this point."

WOW! Case closed. That was pretty definitive and crystal clear. BS officially over.

gunsnewing
USA
10/4/2015  1:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2015  1:19 PM
martin wrote:

Melo: "For me it doesn't matter, it doesn't really matter, the 3 or 4, the way that the game is going now, those are the same 2 positions, So it doesn't really matter for me at this point."

yea bad tweek from Chris Herring using only the first part of Melo's quote. Very misleading and sneaky

Just watched that clip. Melo is in phenomenal shape. He's as fit as kobe in the upper body! Like I sai in the original thread this was a whole lot of nothing because he wasnt playing the 4 full time. Especially with that thinner frame

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/4/2015  1:25 PM
EnySpree wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Every player is up for considering for a starting spot. This is just media swirl. If Fisher goes with a vet that's more ready, they are going to start saying Kristaps is a bust. I bet most writers already have an article waiting in the stash.

I'm not even remotely concerned about KP starting or not. He's destined to start cuz he has the most talent outside of Melo. Who can keep KP from eventually starting? The kid is a top 4 pick with all kinds of talent so at some point the job is his. If it comes early or later it doesn't matter. It's gonna happen IMO. I'm just glad he's been impressive so far and has a legit shot to start.

I'm convinced Phil wants to have a twin tower tandem like he had with Bynum n Pau. The RoLo n KP pairing could be really dynamic next to Melo.

It's definitely the kids destiny to start at the 4. Same could be said alot Jerian Grant at the 1. Rolo seems like he's been given the 5 spot. So essentially we have a our complete roster on hand. We have the outside shooting and size to compete. We will have the scoring of the bench too. Our best case scenario is very good.

Yeah IMO Phil was clearly looking to center his new core around Melo, KP, RoLo n Jerian! 1st round talent you expect to start at some point. KP n Jerian have legit talent. It's already evident that they are better than guys ahead of them. They just have to develop and earn their spots.
dk7th
USA
10/4/2015  1:47 PM
martin wrote:

yes i came to my conclusion before i saw the video. but after listening to him and watching him for years-- and studying him for years-- the video only confirmed what i already knew/know about him. he's an easy read.

your quote is him removing his foot from his mouth, martin. he has a history of putting his foot in his mouth, although at least he was quicker this time in realizing his gaffe. apparently i am not the only one:

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/2015/9/28/9408817/carmelo-anthony-im-pretty-sure-ill-be-at-the-4-this-season

although he is not studying melo's body language or facial expressions-- it is axiomatic that this study is the most basic and natural human activity-- he is calling attention to the fact that "melo being melo" is not a good thing sometimes.. or more than sometimes. his "i want to test free agency" comes to mind.

Begley: Fisher considering KP as a starter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy