[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Begley: Fisher considering KP as a starter
Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
10/3/2015  3:23 PM

This means a front line of Lopez, KP, Melo. Guess that means Melo's expectations of playing the 4 spot are not going to be met as much as he wants..

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/3/2015  3:49 PM
Saw something about Kristaps competing for the starting spot the other day. If he gets it I wonder if it would be a role like Monty Williams had his rookie year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
10/3/2015  3:58 PM
I can see him starting but only getting like 20-25 minutes at first. We have to be careful with the kid imo.
Him and Lopez would really set the defensive tone. If they ever play with Grant, that really will give us a nice defensive unit.
Not to mention that some of the other guys can D it up good.
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/3/2015  4:12 PM
dk7th wrote:

This means a front line of Lopez, KP, Melo. Guess that means Melo's expectations of playing the 4 spot are not going to be met as much as he wants..

Let me put this characterization to rest. The quote and exchange about this very topic was brought during media day with Melo, check out the video on MSG or nba.com

A reporter asked if Melo expects to play the 4 (some time this season). He answered yes, he'd probably see some time at the 4. Also said he expects Fisher to set the lineups and figure out where he wanted Melo to play and that he didn't really care if it was the 3 or 4.

There was ZERO insinuation, as you have characterized it, that Melo expects, demands, only wants to, etc. regarding what position he plays.

Also, dk7th, if you watch the video, please let me know what kind of shape you think Melo is in at this point.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/3/2015  4:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2015  4:34 PM
I think what threw everyone one of was some of the excitement over Melo moving to the 4. Clearly he meant at times which is what I took from the content.

If KP starts it will be because he earned it

holfresh
Member: #1081

10/3/2015  4:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2015  4:43 PM
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Let me put this characterization to rest. The quote and exchange about this very topic was brought during media day with Melo, check out the video on MSG or nba.com

A reporter asked if Melo expects to play the 4 (some time this season). He answered yes, he'd probably see some time at the 4. Also said he expects Fisher to set the lineups and figure out where he wanted Melo to play and that he didn't really care if it was the 3 or 4.

There was ZERO insinuation, as you have characterized it, that Melo expects, demands, only wants to, etc. regarding what position he plays.

Also, dk7th, if you watch the video, please let me know what kind of shape you think Melo is in at this point.

I don't even think Melo wants to play the 4...Paul George is upset he was asked to play the 4..Just more drama for no appearent reason..
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/3/2015  4:46 PM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

I don't even think Melo wants to play the 4...Paul George is upset he was asked to play the 4..Just more drama for no appearent reason..

There is no drama, what drama? Only you thinks there is drama...for no apparent reason

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/3/2015  4:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2015  4:53 PM
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

There is no drama, what drama? Only you thinks there is drama...for no apparent reason

Well I was referring to the hissie fit both guns and dk7th pitched when Melo said he will see time at the 4 this season..But if I'm interrupting some male bonding of sorts, please excuse my intrusion..

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/3/2015  5:18 PM
Every player is up for considering for a starting spot. This is just media swirl. If Fisher goes with a vet that's more ready, they are going to start saying Kristaps is a bust. I bet most writers already have an article waiting in the stash.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/3/2015  6:18 PM
Good to hear he's being considered. may the best win those positions.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/3/2015  6:27 PM
EnySpree wrote:Every player is up for considering for a starting spot. This is just media swirl. If Fisher goes with a vet that's more ready, they are going to start saying Kristaps is a bust. I bet most writers already have an article waiting in the stash.

I'm not even remotely concerned about KP starting or not. He's destined to start cuz he has the most talent outside of Melo. Who can keep KP from eventually starting? The kid is a top 4 pick with all kinds of talent so at some point the job is his. If it comes early or later it doesn't matter. It's gonna happen IMO. I'm just glad he's been impressive so far and has a legit shot to start.

I'm convinced Phil wants to have a twin tower tandem like he had with Bynum n Pau. The RoLo n KP pairing could be really dynamic next to Melo.

blkexec
Member: #748
10/3/2015  8:03 PM
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Well I was referring to the hissie fit both guns and dk7th pitched when Melo said he will see time at the 4 this season..But if I'm interrupting some male bonding of sorts, please excuse my intrusion..

Does it really matter these days who plays the 3 or 4? Seems like the triangle is a fluid system, so the traditional 3 or 4 positions can be interchangeable on offense. The issue is on defense. Who guards the quicker player, KP? While Melo guards the stronger player?

I would love to have KP starting, but I don't think it's the right move to start the season. But I've been wrong before.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
USA
10/3/2015  8:53 PM
blkexec wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Does it really matter these days who plays the 3 or 4? Seems like the triangle is a fluid system, so the traditional 3 or 4 positions can be interchangeable on offense. The issue is on defense. Who guards the quicker player, KP? While Melo guards the stronger player?

I would love to have KP starting, but I don't think it's the right move to start the season. But I've been wrong before.

I actually feel confident KP can use his length against anyone. I think he is gonna be fine defensively in most situations. He probably will have trouble with the best Centers and PF's but then everyone does. If he gets the nod to start he will have earned it IMO. If they start him that means they felt comfortable with his ability to handle the role. We'll get a good look at KP in the preseason games anyway.

dk7th
USA
10/3/2015  8:55 PM
blkexec wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

it does matter. who among lopez, kp, and melo do you want to be setting up mid-post strong-side? who should be the weak side forward who is cutting to the pinch post and who is supposed to be a backdoor cutter?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/3/2015  9:01 PM
blkexec wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
holfresh wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Would not mind him coming off the bench the first part of the season.

Wonder which would cause him to press more...

Being a starter from day one and trying to show that he is deserving and not just there because of a high draft status and potential;

Coming off the bench and trying to prove that he should be starting, and somehow taking the fact that he isn't starting as some kind of challenge.

I think KP has a lot more pride and desire than we, or at least I, think he has. Says the right things, but I think being a starter, and feeling that he deserves to be one, are important to him.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
10/3/2015  9:12 PM
KP is mature beyond his years. He seems to me to be able to self adjust. He is human and will have early jitters or press a bit, but he also seems like the kind of guy that will calm himself down and get it together. He's played pro ball before and handled it well. I say just let him play and see how he handles it. He's a top draft picks for a reason.
dk7th
USA
10/4/2015  12:03 AM
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

maybe you should take that dope herring to task.

as to watching melo.. i have been watching him since he came to the knicks four years ago. there have been numerous threads here that mention that he puts on weight or has put on weight over the course of the season. if there was a search engine on your forum it would be pretty easy to look up. while it is impossible to document, or prove... it has been observed.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/4/2015  12:40 AM
dk7th wrote:
martin wrote:
dk7th wrote:

maybe you should take that dope herring to task.

as to watching melo.. i have been watching him since he came to the knicks four years ago. there have been numerous threads here that mention that he puts on weight or has put on weight over the course of the season. if there was a search engine on your forum it would be pretty easy to look up. while it is impossible to document, or prove... it has been observed.

You also have been shown pictures of him when he isn't wearing the body armor he wears during games and been provided with quotes from Clyde regarding his conditioning and you followed the team when he won 2 player of the months in april. You denied Clyde made the statements because you didn't watch the games and have wild theories about Melo's weight which I won't reference. The threads on this forum you reference don't exist unless you started them.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
gunsnewing
USA
10/4/2015  12:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/4/2015  1:10 AM
Woodson wants Carmelo to lose weight
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/mike-woodson-carmelo-anthony-shape-season-article-1.1072906
http://www.slamonline.com/nba/report-mike-woodson-wants-carmelo-anthony-to-get-in-better-shape/#LCQow8bfWpCFderu.97

There is a reason weight we go in to every offseason talking about Melo's weight and how how much he has lost going into the season. Because he is out of shape towards the end of the season. The evidence is in his play late in the year and probably why he wants to play PF and not move around as much. He wants to play the 4 like he did at the tail end of the 54win season Crush is referring to

gunsnewing
USA
10/4/2015  1:03 AM
Found your answer
http://nypost.com/2014/08/13/melo-getting-into-triangle-shape/

Anthony was listed at 230 pounds as a Denver rookie in 2003 and appears to be close to that goal. Last season, the 6-foot-8 Anthony was listed in the Knicks preseason media guide at 240, but likely played at least 5 to 10 pounds heavier as the season wore on.
-Marc Berman

Begley: Fisher considering KP as a starter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy