[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pre-season game thread: October 7th. vs. Paschoalotto/Bauru (Brazil).. Madison Square Garden @ 7:30pm
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/8/2015  9:15 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I came away impressed with Melo, Galloway, Grant, Quinn and Seraphin. KP will be fine. He sure can shoot it. My guess is he is a 5 down the road. The Knicks are stacked up front.

Calderon looked Healthy and quicker. Galloway's shot looks more fluid. Grant can break down the D and sets up others very well. Rolo looked good. Nice touch around the rim.

Lance Thomas - Eh.
DWill - OK. Expected more but physically gifted for sure.
Vujacic - will help. Good Smart Vet- this year's Shved.

I think this team will be good. Still getting burned by 3's.

Yeah I know KP can shoot but hes a 5 man and should train that way. No player has ever played on the wing at 7-3 hes to big. Set picks post play 8 footers and in put backs etc... he should score at 55%+
I only saw the whole 4th Q didnt see 1-3 didnt know it was on tv!

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/8/2015  9:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  9:29 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I came away impressed with Melo, Galloway, Grant, Quinn and Seraphin. KP will be fine. He sure can shoot it. My guess is he is a 5 down the road. The Knicks are stacked up front.

Calderon looked Healthy and quicker. Galloway's shot looks more fluid. Grant can break down the D and sets up others very well. Rolo looked good. Nice touch around the rim.

Lance Thomas - Eh.

Yeah I know KP can shoot but hes a 5 man and should train that way. No player has ever played on the wing at 7-3 hes to big. Set picks post play 8 footers and in put backs etc... he should score at 55%+

There have been quite a few bigs who shot from 3pt range as well as posting up!!! Don't see how it's different for KP!
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
10/8/2015  9:46 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Lance Thomas - Eh.

There have been quite a few bigs who shot from 3pt range as well as posting up!!! Don't see how it's different for KP!

Are we still on that thing about KP shooting 3s again? Sabonis, Sleepy eye Perkins, Oliver Miller...alot of Centers hit 3s. Even though Dirk is a power forward, he's listed at 7'1 or so, and he's made a living there.

We just going to plant him in the post all day? Dude's a twig, let him grow first!

BRIGGS
10/8/2015  9:47 AM
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Lance Thomas - Eh.

I dont mind if he takes 1-2 but --and now I didnt see him play--but Im getting the suspicion that he sat out there--and that is exactly what I was talking about in many posts. we DO NOT want KP as a steve Novak

RIP Crushalot😞
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/8/2015  9:49 AM
KP is not a twig anymore. He looked beefy and I almost think its too much too fast.

He will be a force inside as he will make those 8 foot shots all night long. He will have both weapons....if a guy is small he will take inside. If a guy is big, he will take him outside and force the guy to guard his shot or drive.

Health is the only thing that matters. He will produce if healthy.

ChuckBuck
USA
10/8/2015  9:52 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Lance Thomas - Eh.

I dont mind if he takes 1-2 but --and now I didnt see him play--but Im getting the suspicion that he sat out there--and that is exactly what I was talking about in many posts. we DO NOT want KP as a steve Novak

He wasn't planted out there. It was off Pick and Roll or more accurately Pick and Pop 3 pointers of Jerian drive and kick.

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/8/2015  9:55 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Lance Thomas - Eh.

He wasn't planted out there. It was off Pick and Roll or more accurately Pick and Pop 3 pointers of Jerian drive and kick.

Agreed. It was in the flow. Not like Gallinari under D'Antoni.

BRIGGS
10/8/2015  9:57 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Lance Thomas - Eh.

waste of time. Take a look at Walter Tavares at 7-3 last night 5-5 inside in 11 minutes. KP is 7-3 he should be playing close.
RIP Crushalot😞
ChuckBuck
USA
10/8/2015  10:17 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Lance Thomas - Eh.

waste of time. Take a look at Walter Tavares at 7-3 last night 5-5 inside in 11 minutes. KP is 7-3 he should be playing close.

Gross dude. Guy got posterized by the carcass and barely in the NBA Richard Jefferson:

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/8/2015  10:33 AM
Paris907 wrote:I enjoyed the win particularly as the coach ran his mouth. Seraphin and OQuinn made statements and among with Lopez present a force to be dealt with. Grant is quick and sooner or later will secure his time. I think Sasha will take some of Lopez minutes and Galloway will get his minutes whether he starts or not.

sasha take lopez's minutes??

so here is what phil is thinking ....
mreinman
Member: #3189

10/8/2015  10:36 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Lance Thomas - Eh.

I think its time for you to retire. You are clearly not in touch with todays game.

And, watch the game before you make wild assumptions.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
10/8/2015  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  11:08 AM
Briggs you want KP to only work on his post game and become one dimensional when what makes him a unique talent is his versatility at 7'3? His ability to score from anywhere on the floor and move like a guard? And Chuck is right let him grow first. He does not the the body to bang in the post against grown men. At least not for a few years. You his career to be cut short?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/8/2015  11:21 AM
KP can easily play the stretch 4 position, and has the ability to score in various ways. Think about how he will be able to take advantage of most centers in a few years by taking them outside at times...in essence moving them out of their defensive comfort zones.

I'm focusing on his defensive role at the 4, and the fact that he is expending a lot of energy as a 4 who is not near the basket, but instead chasing around smaller players on the perimeter, and I'm also concerned that he is not always around in the paint to assert himself defensively. I think he will eventually be an elite shot blocker, and he will be wasted if he is 23 ft away from the basket on a regular basis.

There are always tradeoffs, and I believe that in the long run, having him chasing around a 6'8" dude on the perimeter hurts the team more than it helps.

I agree that he is probably not ready to bang down low as a 5 at this point, but I would give him some time there, especially against centers not known for being post players or guy who are long but not too strong.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
10/8/2015  11:24 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:KP can easily play the stretch 4 position, and has the ability to score in various ways. Think about how he will be able to take advantage of most centers in a few years by taking them outside at times...in essence moving them out of their defensive comfort zones.

I'm focusing on his defensive role at the 4, and the fact that he is expending a lot of energy as a 4 who is not near the basket, but instead chasing around smaller players on the perimeter, and I'm also concerned that he is not always around in the paint to assert himself defensively. I think he will eventually be an elite shot blocker, and he will be wasted if he is 23 ft away from the basket on a regular basis.

There are always tradeoffs, and I believe that in the long run, having him chasing around a 6'8" dude on the perimeter hurts the team more than it helps.

I agree that he is probably not ready to bang down low as a 5 at this point, but I would give him some time there, especially against centers not known for being post players or guy who are long but not too strong.

Walt he is the back up 5 man who can play snippets at 4. If he plays hard and well--he'll be able to start C in 1-2 years. Thats what Ive always believed. These guys who think hes a 7-3 KG--they are wrong.

RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
USA
10/8/2015  11:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  11:26 AM
Yea Walt excellent point Walt KP is a matchup nightmare and will really help create wide open driving lanes. As well as get quick athletic bigs who are tasked with defending him 20ft from the basket. This guy may truly be a revolutionary player. The skies the limit for him and the Knicks
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

10/8/2015  11:30 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Lance Thomas - Eh.

Briggs - I'm with you somewhat on KP6. I'm not enamored with my big guys chucking up 3's and hanging around the 3-point line all game but that's not what happened with KP6 last night.

In fact - it was mostly the opposite. In the pure triangle the Knicks bigs aren't standing at the 3-point line they are in the post and off the elbow for the most part.
KP6 got the ball at the mid-post on the left side - he turned to face up - took a jump shot and was hacked. He made 1 of 2 foul shots. Later - but still early on in the flow of the offense he got 2 great looks in the key inside the foul line and just missed them (good form / soft touch but ball didn't drop). These are the shots I want him taking most of the time -- quick catch and shoot shots in the 8-15 foot range. Later he had another good look from about 10 feet out in the paint and Lopez ended up shoving his defender right into KP6 knocking him to the floor (Lopez drew a o-foul on the play). So KP6 got 4 good mid-range looks. His 2 3-point attempts came off of high screen action where the D was late getting back to him -- both 3s he drained were as pure as Snow White herself. The kid has such a pure long range stroke - pretty amazing.

Biggest concern for me are his hands look shaky -- continues to drop / fumble passes and rebounds. You could say this is a strength issue but 1st pass to him from Melo just went thru his hands. Later he slipped to the hoop on a pick-roll and Grant's pass deflected off his left hand out of bounds. Also - I don't like him having to run around chasing guys too much on the perimeter on defense -- just worry about him leaving his feet / coming down wrong and busting up that skinny body of his.

He needs time -- I think our system will continue to get him shots around the key and from 3.

I project him as a center down the road unless he makes great strides in his strength/quickness -- people saying he has the quickness of a guard are fooling themselves.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/8/2015  11:43 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Lance Thomas - Eh.

Briggs - I'm with you somewhat on KP6. I'm not enamored with my big guys chucking up 3's and hanging around the 3-point line all game but that's not what happened with KP6 last night.

In fact - it was mostly the opposite. In the pure triangle the Knicks bigs aren't standing at the 3-point line they are in the post and off the elbow for the most part.
KP6 got the ball at the mid-post on the left side - he turned to face up - took a jump shot and was hacked. He made 1 of 2 foul shots. Later - but still early on in the flow of the offense he got 2 great looks in the key inside the foul line and just missed them (good form / soft touch but ball didn't drop). These are the shots I want him taking most of the time -- quick catch and shoot shots in the 8-15 foot range. Later he had another good look from about 10 feet out in the paint and Lopez ended up shoving his defender right into KP6 knocking him to the floor (Lopez drew a o-foul on the play). So KP6 got 4 good mid-range looks. His 2 3-point attempts came off of high screen action where the D was late getting back to him -- both 3s he drained were as pure as Snow White herself. The kid has such a pure long range stroke - pretty amazing.

Biggest concern for me are his hands look shaky -- continues to drop / fumble passes and rebounds. You could say this is a strength issue but 1st pass to him from Melo just went thru his hands. Later he slipped to the hoop on a pick-roll and Grant's pass deflected off his left hand out of bounds. Also - I don't like him having to run around chasing guys too much on the perimeter on defense -- just worry about him leaving his feet / coming down wrong and busting up that skinny body of his.

He needs time -- I think our system will continue to get him shots around the key and from 3.

I project him as a center down the road unless he makes great strides in his strength/quickness -- people saying he has the quickness of a guard are fooling themselves.

agreed. good recap

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gunsnewing
USA
10/8/2015  11:47 AM
Sure as his body matures he may be more Pau Gasol then Dirk but that's a few years away naturally. He was definitely a little nervous and sloppy last night but he will figure out where to be and what to do once he has the ball in his hands in time. He hus turned 20!
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/8/2015  11:49 AM
mreinman wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Lance Thomas - Eh.

I think its time for you to retire. You are clearly not in touch with todays game.

And, watch the game before you make wild assumptions.

Ive never seen anyone so obsessed with another poster as you are with Briggs.

Briggs is at least partially right, but it not about just shooting 3s. If KPs game is shooting 3s then the other team can stick a fast wing on him and he's just another chucker. When KP can establish a post game the other team will be forced to put a big on him. When that happens KP's ability to shoot and draw his defender away from the basket will have a big impact. Until that happens having a 7'3 guy jacking jumpers is nothing more than cute. In that role Briggs is right, KP is a waste of time. Lets see him score in the post and pressure the defense.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gunsnewing
USA
10/8/2015  11:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2015  11:52 AM
You dont want him to plant himself in the paint all game right now. He is not ready to bang physically. Let's not ruin his career right out of the gate. Patience
Pre-season game thread: October 7th. vs. Paschoalotto/Bauru (Brazil).. Madison Square Garden @ 7:30pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy