[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Pre-season game thread: October 7th. vs. Paschoalotto/Bauru (Brazil).. Madison Square Garden @ 7:30pm
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/7/2015  10:12 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Have to admit Im surprised Galloway has looked so good so early. Im pretty sure he knows he has to bring his A game with Grant in the mix now.

I agree. I didn't think he looked that good in Vegas.

He is playing with actual NBA players that have had more time in the offense. I am not surprise at all. If his shot is on he is an above average player.

Wasn't so great last season. Looks much more polished, confident.

How soon we forget that Gallo was one of the better rookies and showed a lot last year. All Rookie 2nd Team after coming from the D League.

Didnt finish the season that way, thats why Im surprised he looks so sharp so soon.

Gallo had a VERY good rookie year after coming from the D League. Not sure what criteria guys are using to judge a rookie that played well compared with other rookies.

He needs to play better than last yr

That goes without saying, but if Gallo had played any better he would've been All Rookie 1st Team, so you need to have some F'n perspective about how he played.

All-Rookie 2nd Team 2015
PLAYER POS TEAM FG% PPG RPG APG BLKPG

Bojan Bogdanovic F Brooklyn Nets .453 9.0 2.7 0.9 0.1
Langston Galloway G New York Knicks .399 11.8 4.2 3.3 0.3
Marcus Smart G Boston Celtics .367 7.8 3.3 3.1 0.3
Zach LaVine G Minnesota Timberwolves .422 10.1 2.8 3.6 0.1
Jusuf Nurkic C Denver Nuggets .446 6.9 6.2 0.8 1.1

Gallo played badly offensively last season I don't care how many PPG he got.

Whatever man! Kid played hard and of course he needed to improve his game but it's not fair to say he had a bad rookie season. As rookies go he had a good season. Wasn't drafted and still made a name for himself.

Don't care what he was - rookie or not. He had awful offensive numbers but played really nice D and it looks like he has improved his game coming into this season.

Lets call it how it is. His WS48, TS, FG ... whatever ... was all bad. Those numbers did not tell the full story though since his defense is what earned him the spot.

If in your opinion MOST rookies suck then making the All Rookie 2nd team is an indication that Gallo had a good ROOKIE season! By all rights Gallo had no business even being mentioned but he played well enough to be recognized. Having a flaw in your game as a rookie is expected so I don't know why you're making a big deal about it. He looks like he's developed over last year so it's great for the Knicks.

AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Member: #748
10/7/2015  10:13 PM
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I rather give his spot to Thanasis who at least brings it every night and hope he develops some offensive game

that guy could not even get some garbage minutes ... puzzling

Thats all on the coach....The Greek has the perimeter defense we need. And he can't get playing time in a preseason game?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

10/7/2015  10:15 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Have to admit Im surprised Galloway has looked so good so early. Im pretty sure he knows he has to bring his A game with Grant in the mix now.

He is playing with actual NBA players that have had more time in the offense. I am not surprise at all. If his shot is on he is an above average player.

How soon we forget that Gallo was one of the better rookies and showed a lot last year. All Rookie 2nd Team after coming from the D League.

Didnt finish the season that way, thats why Im surprised he looks so sharp so soon.

Gallo had a VERY good rookie year after coming from the D League. Not sure what criteria guys are using to judge a rookie that played well compared with other rookies.

That goes without saying, but if Gallo had played any better he would've been All Rookie 1st Team, so you need to have some F'n perspective about how he played.

All-Rookie 2nd Team 2015

Whatever man! Kid played hard and of course he needed to improve his game but it's not fair to say he had a bad rookie season. As rookies go he had a good season. Wasn't drafted and still made a name for himself.

Don't care what he was - rookie or not. He had awful offensive numbers but played really nice D and it looks like he has improved his game coming into this season.

Lets call it how it is. His WS48, TS, FG ... whatever ... was all bad. Those numbers did not tell the full story though since his defense is what earned him the spot.

If in your opinion MOST rookies suck then making the All Rookie 2nd team is an indication that Gallo had a good ROOKIE season! By all rights Gallo had no business even being mentioned but he played well enough to be recognized. Having a flaw in your game as a rookie is expected so I don't know why you're making a big deal about it. He looks like he's developed over last year so it's great for the Knicks.

don't care about rookie teams or all star teams. He was a bad (offensive) player on a bad team. Just a fact.

it does look like it was good experience for him watching how he has played tonight.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/7/2015  10:15 PM
blkexec wrote:
mreinman wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:I rather give his spot to Thanasis who at least brings it every night and hope he develops some offensive game

Thats all on the coach....The Greek has the perimeter defense we need. And he can't get playing time in a preseason game?

U can't complain about playing time for the 15th guy..

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
10/7/2015  10:16 PM
mreinman wrote:
dk7th wrote:
mreinman wrote:grant looks like s stud!

very nice finisher. hopefully his defense will improve. he's missed a couple of rotations on broken plays.

that is expected ... was a little worried about his first step. Wonder if he is fast enough to break down NBA guards consistently.

he showed in the first half that he has the length to do a wraparound scoop from the left and the double clutch from the right, both shots he did in the first half. he has a lot of upside, but he needs to be able to use his length like ron harper did-- disrupting passing lanes and getting deflections.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/7/2015  10:16 PM
Really liked grant seraphin and oquinn. The defense still leaves a lot to be desired
mreinman

10/7/2015  10:18 PM
holfresh wrote:
blkexec wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I think that many here feel that he should not be the 15th guy.

nixluva
USA
10/7/2015  10:26 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Really liked grant seraphin and oquinn. The defense still leaves a lot to be desired

Yeah the D has to tighten up. They seemed to have way too many breakdowns, but also that team was running that crazy Euro stuff and this team has been facing mostly Triangle in practice. That's a crazy shift in mentality they have to be prepared for. With scouting they should be better prepared for teams during the season tho.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/7/2015  10:30 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Really liked grant seraphin and oquinn. The defense still leaves a lot to be desired

Yeah the D has to tighten up. They seemed to have way too many breakdowns, but also that team was running that crazy Euro stuff and this team has been facing mostly Triangle in practice. That's a crazy shift in mentality they have to be prepared for. With scouting they should be better prepared for teams during the season tho.
the defense is still gonna struggle. We have a few better defenders but mostly a lot of bad defenders
blkexec
10/7/2015  10:34 PM
holfresh wrote:
blkexec wrote:
mreinman wrote:

I can when the #15 guy is the #1 perimeter defender!

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/7/2015  10:38 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

All-Rookie 2nd Team 2015

don't care about rookie teams or all star teams. He was a bad (offensive) player on a bad team. Just a fact.

it does look like it was good experience for him watching how he has played tonight.

You are absolutely correct, he was a bad scorer. However, there is a long line of rookies who were terrible offensively their rookie year. He was in a bad position forced to do too much but it did give him valuable NBA minutes. I am not ready to anoint him the next but I just hope he settles in a great role player similar to but not exactly like a Danny Green. Imagine Green without Duncan or playing heavy minutes in Cleveland without Lebron his rookie year.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/7/2015  10:39 PM
blkexec wrote:
holfresh wrote:
blkexec wrote:
mreinman wrote:

We don't know squat about what Fisher and the coaches are seeing from the Greek each day in practice, unfortunately. Maybe he's been lost so far...who knows.

Still would have liked to see him play some minutes, though.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
mreinman

10/7/2015  10:40 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

All-Rookie 2nd Team 2015

You are absolutely correct, he was a bad scorer. However, there is a long line of rookies who were terrible offensively their rookie year. He was in a bad position forced to do too much but it did give him valuable NBA minutes. I am not ready to anoint him the next but I just hope he settles in a great role player similar to but not exactly like a Danny Green. Imagine Green without Duncan or playing heavy minutes in Cleveland without Lebron his rookie year.

agree with all that

nixluva
USA
10/7/2015  10:42 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:

the defense is still gonna struggle. We have a few better defenders but mostly a lot of bad defenders

We'll see. It's still early yet. I don't think what we saw is really indicative of the best this team can do defensively. They were making a lot of absent minded mistakes. I saw a few good signs that if they can fix the mistakes, they can get a lot better. They weren't always working as a unit defensively. That's gonna take more work but they can do it. I just want to see them get into the middle of the pack defensively this year. IF they get up around 15 defensively that would be great progress.
blkexec
10/7/2015  10:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/7/2015  10:44 PM
nixluva wrote:

We have slow feet as a team. It's one thing to have bigs.....But the good teams have bigs with quick feet. Even Tim Duncan at 40yrs old has great above average lateral quickness. Enough to get up on your man, and retreat to stop the blow by. I think KP is built for that type of defense, once he gets his feet wet around year 2. But thats the problem with Melo at the SF spot. Melo has the lateral quickness of a PF / Center. Then you add a PF and Center with similar or slower lateral quickness. On top of that, we have Calderon and Sasha, who are not the quickest guards.....And you can argue they have similar foot speed as a forward. 4 out of 5 guys in our starting lineup had the foot speed of an old man.

This is why the 2nd unit was better on defense. Our lateral quickness players....or the best ones we have, were on the bench. And the very best player for perimeter defense, never played.

This is why I said Fisher is the key with his lineups and subs. Is he going to be stubborn and keep the same lineup? And find the right balance? Also, how long will it take him to do this? This is a lot for a rookie coach (first team he coached from scratch, so he's a rookie).

holfresh
Member: #1081

10/7/2015  10:47 PM
blkexec wrote:
holfresh wrote:
blkexec wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Still early, there is no cohesion on offense that u can afford a liability of offense so early..Let them gel a little but the defense is awful..Lots of slow foot non athletic, slow recovery guys out there..
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/7/2015  10:48 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
nixluva wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

All-Rookie 2nd Team 2015

His arms did look bigger, as they pointed out.

I thought he burned himself out at some point last year. Still feel that he is better as an off guard, or at least in a situation where he does not have to do as much.

He looked good, tonight, and this Brazilian team was quite pesky.

Amazing how much criticism is heaped on an undrafted kid who last year had to do something on the pro level he never did in college...lead an offense.

He is going to get some good minutes in this rotation, and I think he'll emerge as a dependable combo guard.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
blkexec
10/7/2015  10:49 PM
I'm a big Fisher fan....and think this is a great opportunity to coach. But I've said this from day one, and until he proves me wrong.....I think the Fisher hire was a bad move on Phil. Probably his worst move. This team needs a veteran coach. I'm a fan til the end and I hope Fisher is not the bottle neck this season. Mark my words.

We have a good team now.....and we are very deep and flexible. Rookie coaches are better with stable rosters.

blkexec
10/7/2015  10:51 PM
holfresh wrote:
blkexec wrote:
holfresh wrote:
blkexec wrote:
mreinman wrote:

Still early, there is no cohesion on offense that u can afford a liability of offense so early..Let them gel a little but the defense is awful..Lots of slow foot non athletic, slow recovery guys out there..

+1

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/7/2015  10:51 PM
I was scratching my head when Lance Thomas got minutes. Must be killing it in practice.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Pre-season game thread: October 7th. vs. Paschoalotto/Bauru (Brazil).. Madison Square Garden @ 7:30pm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy