[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Real GM Comments on Dajuan Wagner
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2004  1:39 PM
I'm not sure why some of you want to give up anything valuable (even someone like Frank) for him.

Dajuan Wagner: I am not sure if there has ever been a more frustrating player to watch than this guy. The term “point guard” should never be placed anywhere near his name, he has to be one of the most selfish players I have seen in a long time. It takes him about 12 seconds to even get the offense started as he dribbles and dribbles and dribbles the ball until he absolutely has to give up, and then demands to get it right back. From there he will either pull up for an impossible fadeaway shot off the dribble with a hand in his face (which he sometimes makes) or he’ll take the ball with a head full of steam all the way to the basket. His teammates may as well start walking back up the court at that point because everyone in the gym knows he’s not going to pass it. Any assists he made in this summer league were purely incidental, I assure you. No defense, terrible shooting, he’ll dribble the air out of the ball if you let him. That’s Dajuan Wagner for you right there, a homeless Allen Iverson.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/14/2004  1:52 PM
There is a name for guys like that with all the hype: "Pearl" Washington out of Syracuse. This guy was drafted top 5 by the Nets and was a fat bust.

Dejuan tried to come out of high school and did OK at Memphis for one year. He starphucked his way into the NBA!

The Boozer lesson teaches the NBA (hopefully) to take the solid kids in the first round and then the kids later on. Booze likely figured this might be his real big chance and Silas might hurt his numbers going forward. He may be mad at the system for drilling him down to the second round and its payback time. We need to stay away from the Dejauns and Miles.

Isiah is about the dicipline being from Indiana and keeping it tough his whole career. He won't like to suck up to an unproven commodity if the kid has no character.

Dejuand genetic build is a handicap for him. He is talented, but his body in not made for the NBA. Round shoulders and short legs remind me of Earl the faux pearl washington.
Andrew
Member: #1
USA
7/14/2004  1:58 PM
Yeah....I saw that and chuckled to myself about a thread we had here last month.

Just to give proper credit...the quote is from an article from Draftcity.net

http://www.draftcity.com/articles/0058.htm
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/14/2004  1:58 PM
Wow! I knew he was having problems but I didn't know his situation was that bad. And I remember us considering taking him on that draft. How bad...
Knicks_Fan
rain
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #353
USA
7/14/2004  2:59 PM
He is not done by a long-shot. His build is ideal for a play-making point guard. He doesn't get it yet, obvious. He is the Antwan Jamison of point guards.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
7/14/2004  3:12 PM
Posted by rain:

He is not done by a long-shot. His build is ideal for a play-making point guard. He doesn't get it yet, obvious. He is the Antwan Jamison of point guards.

i completely agree...Jamal Crawford didn't show much of anything either in his first couple seasons...but you see how crazy people are over him now...DeJuan hasn't even had a full season in the NBA yet...i don't see how anyone could already proclaim him to be a bust...he's obviously a talented young player...he just needs to develop his game...the same could be said for plenty of other high draft picks from recent years too.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
7/14/2004  9:42 PM
Give Wagner a break. He has been sick or injured for the better part of two years with the Cavs. If he gets healthy and returns to form, ie, health, he can be an explosive player. This guy had the goods. I don't know how bad his injuries have been but this guy was a better version of KJ waiting to happen. Now he may never reach his potential like Jay Williams and Hurley, who knows. For some guys the stars just don't align properly. But no one shoud write him off yet. Frank Williams couldn't hold a candle to Wagner if he is healthy.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2004  9:50 PM
Posted by rojasmas:

Give Wagner a break. He has been sick or injured for the better part of two years with the Cavs.
No one's saying his career is over, but to write off two years because he was "sick" sounds overly generous to me
Real GM Comments on Dajuan Wagner

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy