[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT Illinois Cop shooting
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/2/2015  8:41 AM
Something very strange about this

A cop by himself for some reason decides to check up on 3 men out of the blue-- a 55+ year old man then decides to run into the swamp after them without back up and he's found dead--and his gear is gone. In 24 hours no sighting of THREE guys with an overwhelming arsenal of assets and there has to have been massive details--footprints fingerprints I mean all over the place right?? Its a small radius area--not many places to go there. This isnt Rambo and I almost cant imagine anyone to be smart enough with the savvy to take the police officers belt with the intense pressure emotionally of the moment. Ive heard crazier sht in my life--but this isnt matching up. These 3 people would be caught--they only had moments before police arrived from details--just impossible to get away if you look at the surroundings no water/food no eye witness and the whole thing sounds funny???

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/2/2015  9:54 AM
LInk to story? Looks interesting.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/2/2015  10:23 AM
Nalod wrote:LInk to story? Looks interesting.

you didn't hear about this? it's a big story and cops are arguing it's because of the negative rhetoric surrounding police these days, a la de Blasio

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/09/02/manhunt-continues-in-northern-illinois-after-police-officer-shot-and-killed/

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

9/2/2015  11:30 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:

you didn't hear about this? it's a big story and cops are arguing it's because of the negative rhetoric surrounding police these days, a la de Blasio

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/09/02/manhunt-continues-in-northern-illinois-after-police-officer-shot-and-killed/

I guess I don't understand what is so strange about this situation.

Cop chases 3 guys into woods/lake area without any back-up --- somehow they kill him and flee.

What am I missing that makes this story very strange?

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/2/2015  12:11 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Cop chases 3 guys into woods/lake area without any back-up --- somehow they kill him and flee.

second cop in less than a week to get killed on duty. then you have the officers killed in NYC and other places.

not only that, then you have officers killing civilians for no good reason.

I know a lot of this stuff has been happening for quite some time but everyone is talking about it now because now there is ready access to cell phone footage etc

I think what you're missing is that they have been talking about these types of issues literally all summer seemingly everyday on the news

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
BRIGGS
9/2/2015  12:24 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

The story and the subsequent events dont add up kosher. How did they get away--3 guys in a matter of moments? They found the police officer in the swamp. That means wet feet and tracks to a car???? if there was one. Why would a 52 year old cop who was going to retire in one month after 30 years on the job NOT wait for back up against 3 guys? This guy was like a marine as well--he wouldnt draw his gun in a pursuit or fire and hit them if they came back at them? This wasnt a fat old man--this cop was in extraordinary condition. Something is foul here.

RIP Crushalot😞
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
9/2/2015  12:47 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

The story and the subsequent events dont add up kosher. How did they get away--3 guys in a matter of moments? They found the police officer in the swamp. That means wet feet and tracks to a car???? if there was one. Why would a 52 year old cop who was going to retire in one month after 30 years on the job NOT wait for back up against 3 guys? This guy was like a marine as well--he wouldnt draw his gun in a pursuit or fire and hit them if they came back at them? This wasnt a fat old man--this cop was in extraordinary condition. Something is foul here.

your probably right

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/2/2015  1:03 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Might not have been the first time this cop went after multiple suspects without backup, might have had too much faith in his abilities as a cop and former Marine.

He might have tried to stay close enough to spot them for when backup arrives, but he got jumped by one of them who dropped back and waited. I dont see anything nefarious beyond the killing of a cop.

crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
9/2/2015  1:38 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

yeah, it sounds like the cop was either set up or maybe this is a cover up of cop on cop dispute or a cop's executing a fellow cop.

regardless, we know enough about police reports to know they're full of lies at this point.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/2/2015  1:41 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Give an example of what might be "foul." Not sure I understand what you are getting at. Are you saying that he was set up by the 3 guys?

Perhaps he just underestimated who he was going after?

I would not chase 3 guys into an area where I might be taken down, especially if I had no idea of what they might have in terms of weapons.

Just need more reasons to understand why it seems "foul" to you.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/2/2015  1:44 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Give an example of what might be "foul." Not sure I understand what you are getting at. Are you saying that he was set up by the 3 guys?

I would not chase 3 guys into an area where I might be taken down, especially if I had no idea of what they might have in terms of weapons.

What part of "police report" doesn't automatically strike you as foul these days?

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/2/2015  1:50 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

We don't know what happened but it does seem odd to chase after 3 men by yourself without being careful not to get so close that you put yourself in danger. That's not part of any training I can imagine. It's a real mystery at this point. Where these guys more savvy than your typical thugs might be? How'd they get the drop on him and why'd they take his stuff?
They sound like Movie bad guys more than your typical street guys.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
9/2/2015  1:57 PM
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

We don't know what happened but it does seem odd to chase after 3 men by yourself without being careful not to get so close that you put yourself in danger. That's not part of any training I can imagine. It's a real mystery at this point. Where these guys more savvy than your typical thugs might be? How'd they get the drop on him and why'd they take his stuff?
no triangle diagrams?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
9/2/2015  2:09 PM
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

no triangle diagrams?

lol, i swear to god i was thinking the same exact thing

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
WaltLongmire

9/2/2015  2:21 PM
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

What part of "police report" doesn't automatically strike you as foul these days?

In this case it was the officer who ended up dead, though, and you seem to have NO witnesses.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

9/2/2015  2:22 PM
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

This particular cops nickname was GI JOE so he may have been the type to either take matters into his own hands or at least think he could handle a bad situation.

The fact that he was in pursuit when he called in --- doesn't sound like some immediate type of ambush.

That said if there are some other unusual / odd events surrounding the case I could see the angle where maybe he was set-up(maybe by other cops) but who the hell knows.
In terms of these guys not being caught yet -- lets not forget the NY State guys that escaped prison and were out there for days/weeks.

WaltLongmire

9/2/2015  2:52 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

no triangle diagrams?

lol, i swear to god i was thinking the same exact thing

Sadly enough, they might have spread out into a triangle shaped ambush.

They might have used the hammer and anvil method, which is actually shaped like a triangle.

HAMMER AND ANVIL METHOD

The hammer and anvil technique is employed after some degree of reduction. It involves employing a blocking force on one or more sides of the perimeter. This is performed while part of the encirclement forces the insurgents against the blocking force by offensive action. Either element can accomplish the actual destruction, but it is usually accomplished by the attacking element. This technique is most effective when the blocking force is located on, or to the rear of, a natural terrain obstacle. In this method, one or more units in the encirclement remain stationary while the others drive the insurgent unit against it (Figure C-2. ). This technique can be employed during the reduction of an encirclement or whenever the tactical situation permits. Airborne or air assault forces can be employed on favorable terrain deep in the enemy rear. This technique is useful in destroying insurgents, because they prefer to fight only when conditions are favorable to them.

WaltLongmire

9/2/2015  2:56 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

This particular cops nickname was GI JOE so he may have been the type to either take matters into his own hands or at least think he could handle a bad situation.

The fact that he was in pursuit when he called in --- doesn't sound like some immediate type of ambush.

That said if there are some other unusual / odd events surrounding the case I could see the angle where maybe he was set-up(maybe by other cops) but who the hell knows.
In terms of these guys not being caught yet -- lets not forget the NY State guys that escaped prison and were out there for days/weeks.

Yup...

Unfortunately he did not heed that classic dictum: Discretion is the better part of valor.

knicks1248
Member: #582
9/2/2015  2:58 PM
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

no triangle diagrams?

lol

They are impressive though

ES
BRIGGS
9/3/2015  1:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2015  1:45 AM
---->The lieutenant made the first call at 7:52 a.m. and called three minutes later to request backup. The backup units arrived at 8:01 and found their fellow officer dead, roughly 50 yards from his vehicle, at about 8:09, Filenko said.

That means in 6 minutes THREE individuals killed this man--stripped his equipment and proceeded to get away from 500 police officers 5 helicopters 50 hound dogs. Oh yeah he was 50 YARDS from his vehicle. I don't believe it-- I think it's logistically impossible. I'm not sure what happened--obviously this man is dead and he called in a report and he was dead within the next 6 minutes stripped of his gun belt mace and other equipment nad 50 YARDS from his vehicle after he called in back up.. If this guy is in a cruiser and 3 guys are suspicious--he couldve simply called it in kept them in his sight or drove around the block once while waiting for back up. I'd check the man's insurance policies or what it means for him to be killed on the job monetarily for his family. I have to think they get millions if he dies on the job like that. Id also check other cops in that area who may have had a beef with him.

RIP Crushalot😞
OT Illinois Cop shooting

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy