dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/4/2015  7:07 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:Top 15? Okay I suppose. Still doesn't mean he's not mentally frail. She's speaking the truth.

U once said Melo was top 5..

No I don't think so. Find the quote and I will admit it but be sure you get the whole quote so we can look at the context. You know what context is don't you

Given our history, Do I say these things if I can't find it??..U for once, need to man up to the things u say...

you have a bad habit of misconstruing things. hence your feet will be held to the fire if you accuse me of saying things that on the face of it are outside my usual spectrum of opinion. "melo top 5 in the nba" is one of those..

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

9/5/2015  7:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2015  7:44 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:Top 15? Okay I suppose. Still doesn't mean he's not mentally frail. She's speaking the truth.

No I don't think so. Find the quote and I will admit it but be sure you get the whole quote so we can look at the context. You know what context is don't you

Given our history, Do I say these things if I can't find it??..U for once, need to man up to the things u say...

you have a bad habit of misconstruing things. hence your feet will be held to the fire if you accuse me of saying things that on the face of it are outside my usual spectrum of opinion. "melo top 5 in the nba" is one of those..

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1178309

Your quote...

It is an absolute travesty that Carmelo Anthony was not guarding Lebron James yesterday for most if not all of the game. A top five player in the league goes to his coach and demands that assignment. If a rickety 34-year old Pierce can do it then so can a 27-year old Anthony. Offense can come and go but defense is the backbone of winning on the playoffs. Does anyone want to claim that Melo needs to conserve his energy for the offensive end? Phoooey

It's a bad sign that Woodson-- apparently known as a defensive coach and lover of isolation ball-- shied away from this issue, placing an undersized and mentally-weak defender like Smith on Lebron James.

If Anthony isn't up in Lebron's grill Monday then Woodson hasn't earned a contract for next season.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/5/2015  9:22 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Your quote...

It is an absolute travesty that Carmelo Anthony was not guarding Lebron James yesterday for most if not all of the game. A top five player in the league goes to his coach and demands that assignment. If a rickety 34-year old Pierce can do it then so can a 27-year old Anthony. Offense can come and go but defense is the backbone of winning on the playoffs. Does anyone want to claim that Melo needs to conserve his energy for the offensive end? Phoooey

It's a bad sign that Woodson-- apparently known as a defensive coach and lover of isolation ball-- shied away from this issue, placing an undersized and mentally-weak defender like Smith on Lebron James.

If Anthony isn't up in Lebron's grill Monday then Woodson hasn't earned a contract for next season.

There are a lot of funny comments on that thread.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
USA
9/5/2015  9:45 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Your quote...

thanks for this-- i appreciate it. since we can assume i know my own mind better than you ever will, let me fill you in on what is going on here: IF he were truly a top five player in the league, and had that mentality, THEN he would demand that assignment. turns out he's a passive pvssie....

thanks again.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
USA
9/5/2015  9:53 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Your quote...

thanks for this-- i appreciate it. since we can assume i know my own mind better than you ever will, let me fill you in on what is going on here: IF he were truly a top five player in the league, and had that mentality, THEN he would demand that assignment. turns out he's a passive pvssie....

thanks again.

I don't recall who was defending specifically from that game but if you look at the comments the other posters disagreed with your 'observation', and questioned whether you watched the game. Also, one poster mentioned Anthony's foul situation dictating match ups.
dk7th
USA
9/5/2015  10:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Your quote...

thanks again.

I don't recall who was defending specifically from that game but if you look at the comments the other posters disagreed with your 'observation', and questioned whether you watched the game. Also, one poster mentioned Anthony's foul situation dictating match ups.

i watched that game, closely. the logical matchup is melo/lbj. the good people at realgm in that thread are entitled to see what they wish to see. but you need to know that there are some verrrry sketchy creatures in that thread, mostly godshammgod, who clearly has issues with mental instability and sexual identity he has yet to deal with. godshammgod is an absolute lowlife and a testament to how poorly moderated that board is by moocow and others. moocow is another horrible person. then there's fatkat, who clearly is one of the stupider posters over there. all this citation demonstrates is how fine a basketball mind i possess, if one can be known by the enemies one makes.

but lookit, you two here on ultimateknicks are so desperate that you have to resort to looking at realgm to play the gotcha game with me?

CrushAlot
USA
9/5/2015  11:48 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Your quote...

thanks again.

i watched that game, closely. the logical matchup is melo/lbj. the good people at realgm in that thread are entitled to see what they wish to see. but you need to know that there are some verrrry sketchy creatures in that thread, mostly godshammgod, who clearly has issues with mental instability and sexual identity he has yet to deal with. godshammgod is an absolute lowlife and a testament to how poorly moderated that board is by moocow and others. moocow is another horrible person. then there's fatkat, who clearly is one of the stupider posters over there. all this citation demonstrates is how fine a basketball mind i possess, if one can be known by the enemies one makes.

but lookit, you two here on ultimateknicks are so desperate that you have to resort to looking at realgm to play the gotcha game with me?

I used to post over there before I posted here. I think my username was EwingluvIII but I stopped and could never remember my password. Anyway, the reason I started posting there was because a couple of guys actually posted insider info. One of the guys, Hellskitchen came over here. I think he broke the Ewing trade 36 hours before it happened. I was hooked for awhile because of that. I prefer posting here. I never posted enough there to have guys react to me as it appears they did you in that thread. I still go there and signed up again and post as j-toocheap once in awhile. There are a lot of threads that I have no interest in but there are also a lot more eyes over there and sometimes you see an article that you might not come across in other places.
dk7th
USA
9/6/2015  12:42 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Your quote...

thanks again.

I used to post over there before I posted here. I think my username was EwingluvIII but I stopped and could never remember my password. Anyway, the reason I started posting there was because a couple of guys actually posted insider info. One of the guys, Hellskitchen came over here. I think he broke the Ewing trade 36 hours before it happened. I was hooked for awhile because of that. I prefer posting here. I never posted enough there to have guys react to me as it appears they did you in that thread. I still go there and signed up again and post as j-toocheap once in awhile. There are a lot of threads that I have no interest in but there are also a lot more eyes over there and sometimes you see an article that you might not come across in other places.

that sort of insider stuff is too gossipy for my taste. i went there to see whether there was anything to learn there, having spent a number of years on the aol knick forum and then an offshoot of that aol forum started up, which i eventually left, again because of the middling and less-than-middling intellects that suffocated the place and made it stultifying. the head of the offshoot is especially guilty. and i discovered in each place that there is the same amount of idiocy and poor manners there percentage-wise as anywhere else on the internet. what makes realgm worse is that the forum is chokablock with punks, raising the idiocy to a critical mass level, changing into a weird prison culture.

CrushAlot
USA
9/6/2015  12:53 AM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Your quote...

thanks again.

that sort of insider stuff is too gossipy for my taste. i went there to see whether there was anything to learn there, having spent a number of years on the aol knick forum and then an offshoot of that aol forum started up, which i eventually left, again because of the middling and less-than-middling intellects that suffocated the place and made it stultifying. the head of the offshoot is especially guilty. and i discovered in each place that there is the same amount of idiocy and poor manners there percentage-wise as anywhere else on the internet. what makes realgm worse is that the forum is chokablock with punks, raising the idiocy to a critical mass level, changing into a weird prison culture.

Hellskitchen broke a bunch of trades. It wasn't gossipy at all. The guy was a regular poster though so it was tough because anytime he posted anything I checked.
I Trust You Are All Rooting For Coco Vandeweghe

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy