[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I Trust You Are All Rooting For Coco Vandeweghe
Author Thread
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

9/3/2015  7:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2015  8:01 PM
It reeks of an immature athlete just thrusked upon the scene trying to make a name for herself..Earn your fame on the court and not on the social media...It's not really smart to redicule others who are more accomplished and more prominent in their sport that you are..She brings attention to herself for the wrong reasons...Maybe it's a good move on her part because no one would know or care who she is if she didn't make that statement...FireWoodson is trying to give her a platform because her statement reinforces his views..Comical really..In line with most of Woody's threads..
AUTOADVERT
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
9/3/2015  8:10 PM
holfresh wrote:It reeks of an immature athlete just thrusked upon the scene trying to make a name for herself..Earn your fame on the court and not on the social media...It's not really smart to redicule others who are more accomplished and more prominent in their sport that you are..She brings attention to herself for the wrong reasons...Maybe it's a good move on her part because no one would know or care who she is if she didn't make that statement...FireWoodson is trying to give her a platform because her statement reinforces his views..Comical really..In line with most of Woody's threads..

she's speaking honestly and accurately about carmelo anthony. that's the crux of the matter. obviously she's a knick fan and she doesn't like weak players. you don't like what she says then address that instead of denigrating her as a person. it's not smart otherwise..

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

9/3/2015  8:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2015  8:42 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:It reeks of an immature athlete just thrusked upon the scene trying to make a name for herself..Earn your fame on the court and not on the social media...It's not really smart to redicule others who are more accomplished and more prominent in their sport that you are..She brings attention to herself for the wrong reasons...Maybe it's a good move on her part because no one would know or care who she is if she didn't make that statement...FireWoodson is trying to give her a platform because her statement reinforces his views..Comical really..In line with most of Woody's threads..

she's speaking honestly and accurately about carmelo anthony. that's the crux of the matter. obviously she's a knick fan and she doesn't like weak players. you don't like what she says then address that instead of denigrating her as a person. it's not smart otherwise..

You an say a lot about Melo..Soft ain't one of them..She needs to bone up a bit on hoops..My point exactly..When you take shots at other sports figures, prepare for your game and your person to be scrutinized..

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/3/2015  8:35 PM
dk7th wrote:

She is far from accurate. Look at the guys that talk about how unstoppable Melo is. They are hofs. You can't be that guy if you aren't incredibly strong willed, motivated, in shape and physically strong. If she said it about Tyson maybe she has a point. Bargs I would agree with. You don't say that about a guy that carries a bunch of nobodies or injury plagued players every spring on his back into the playoffs. Her description fits what you want him to be but his play and preperation don't fit her description at all. She needs to worry a lot more about her game.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
holfresh

9/3/2015  9:02 PM
It's desperation when you are using some kid tennis player as an informed basketball source because of her name..
FireWoodson
Member: #5899

9/3/2015  9:41 PM
holfresh wrote:A) It reeks of an immature athlete just thrusked upon the scene trying to make a name for herself..Earn your fame on the court and not on the social media...

B) It's not really smart to redicule others who are more accomplished and more prominent in their sport that you are..She brings attention to herself for the wrong reasons...

C) Maybe it's a good move on her part because no one would know or care who she is if she didn't make that statement...

D) FireWoodson is trying to give her a platform because her statement reinforces his views..

E) Comical really..In line with most of Woody's threads..

A) She was asked by a reporter. She didn't do this on social media, Twitter, or anything else like that. She was playing Wimbledon in England and a reporter asked her about the Knicks. Think about that. In the middle of one of the world's greatest tournaments, in a foreign country far away, someone asks her about the Knicks. All she did was answer the question as she saw fit.

B) Coco can ridicule other athletes who are more accomplished than she is. In your opinion she should only say things about athletes who suck. That would be bullying. Are you a bully?

C) No one knows or cares who she is? Obviously you do not follow tennis. You a non-tennis fan saying that no one cares or knows about Coco Vandeweghe would be like a non-basketball fan saying no one cares or knows about Kevin Durant.

D) I happen to disagree with Coco regarding Melo. I love Melo. I believe he is tough, a great scorer, and a great Knick. But see, I can actually appreciate someone's opinions who do not mesh with mine. Coco said Melo is soft. I respect her opinion and honor her right to give it.

E) Comical? If I were going for comedy I would simply reprint every post you ever wrote.

dk7th
USA
9/3/2015  10:22 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

You an say a lot about Melo..Soft ain't one of them..She needs to bone up a bit on hoops..My point exactly..When you take shots at other sports figures, prepare for your game and your person to be scrutinized..

you're being foolish here. she is addressing his mental makeup. playing hard, playing smart. his defense is SOFT-- no two ways about it so don't even try.

or better yet-- try

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
USA
9/3/2015  10:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

She is far from accurate. Look at the guys that talk about how unstoppable Melo is. They are hofs. You can't be that guy if you aren't incredibly strong willed, motivated, in shape and physically strong. If she said it about Tyson maybe she has a point. Bargs I would agree with. You don't say that about a guy that carries a bunch of nobodies or injury plagued players every spring on his back into the playoffs. Her description fits what you want him to be but his play and preperation don't fit her description at all. She needs to worry a lot more about her game.

he hasn't won anything. they are all saying he is a scorer. big picture: bfd. i hear gamesmanship in all of it. he is still a loser. he's mentally frail.

holfresh

9/3/2015  10:33 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

you're being foolish here. she is addressing his mental makeup. playing hard, playing smart. his defense is SOFT-- no two ways about it so don't even try.

or better yet-- try

Defense is Soft??..Coming from an Amare fan, MDA, SSOL supporter..

dk7th
USA
9/3/2015  10:35 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

or better yet-- try

before you return like a welsh corgi to your own doggydoo, you agree he is mentally frail, then?

holfresh

9/3/2015  10:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/3/2015  10:39 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

or better yet-- try

before you return like a welsh corgi to your own doggydoo, you agree he is mentally frail, then?

Ha..People blamed him for MDA being fired/resigned..In an interview he said then put it on my shoulders..I will take the responsibility.He then carried the Knicks to a 18-6 record and into the playoffs...That's mentally tough..

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/3/2015  10:59 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:

he hasn't won anything. they are all saying he is a scorer. big picture: bfd. i hear gamesmanship in all of it. he is still a loser. he's mentally frail.

Paul Pierce,
If I had to single one guy out who is the most difficult player to guard in the league, it would have to be Carmelo. He’s a unique blend of being big, strong, and athletic while also having a world-class shooting touch and a natural ability to get to the rim. That’s what sets him apart — every facet of his game is elite.
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/paul-pierce-five-toughest-players-ive-ever-guarded/
To Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony is the toughest cover in the NBA. Tougher, even, than LeBron James.

"For me, yeah," Bryant told Stephen A. Smith in an interview Wednesday.

"He's always been a player that I enjoyed guarding the most," Bryant said. "He was the most difficult because of his size and his speed."

Listen to Kobe's comments:

Play DownloadBryant added that Anthony's shooting range and his ability to drive to the rim and score in the post make him one of the most lethal offensive weapons in the NBA.

"Melo does it all and he's as strong as a bull," Bryant said. "For me, I weigh [180 pounds] soaking wet. Going up against that bull, man, it's fun but it's extremely challenging."

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/30617/kobe-melo-is-the-toughest-cover-in-nba
But Durant hasn't just excelled while being hidden on the less-glamorous end of the court, as has been the case in the past. Scott Brooks no longer needs to save his superstar's energy for his point-scoring exploits, and that's allowed K.D. to take on some tougher matchups.

None are tougher than two players, though.

"Kobe (Bryant) and Carmelo (Anthony)," Durant revealed as his most difficult covers during an ESPN Radio appearance (h/t Royce Young of DailyThunder.com for the transcript). "They just have an array of moves that can get me off balance. They’re strong on defense as well, but Kobe is just the ultimate one-on-one player. It would be fun playing against him but it would be tough to beat him."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1961078-kevin-durant-calls-kobe-bryant-carmelo-anthony-toughest-covers
Coach Mike Krzyzewski spoke glowingly of Anthony.
“I’d take him anywhere,’’ Coach K said. “He’s been committed since 2004 — he and LeBron. Carmelo is a great guy, not just a great player. In the first meeting [Monday night], looking at the group, he’s so excited to be here — a kid in a candy store. That’s pretty darn good. … [James], Melo, Chris, they are USA Basketball.”

http://nypost.com/2015/08/13/nostalgic-carmelo-wants-to-make-history-with-buddy-lebron/
There is a lot more out there. The guy has had the misfortune of playing with a slew of injured, malcontent, low character, and not talented teammates in NY.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/4/2015  7:23 AM
She is a top 25 player in the world. She is no loser. Its not easy to get there. Respect that.

She said her team was the knicks when asked, and then was asked about melo. Its not like she just blurted out randomly about Melo.

Melo NCAA champ, two time Gold medalist (got to be good enough to make that team!!!) and scoring champ.

Coco said he was soft last year. He kinda was. He has had better seasons. He was hurt too.

holfresh

9/4/2015  1:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/4/2015  2:00 PM
Nalod wrote:She is a top 25 player in the world. She is no loser. Its not easy to get there. Respect that.

She said her team was the knicks when asked, and then was asked about melo. Its not like she just blurted out randomly about Melo.

Melo NCAA champ, two time Gold medalist (got to be good enough to make that team!!!) and scoring champ.

Coco said he was soft last year. He kinda was. He has had better seasons. He was hurt too.

She is actually ranked 45 but that doesn't suck either...
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/4/2015  2:08 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

or better yet-- try

Mental frailty? Try eating some of your own dog food, Fido.

A mentally weak woman who can't keep her composure during a pro tennis match without breaking her widdo wacket like a 1st grader throwing a tantrum should tread lightly when talking about the top 15 player in the NBA.

Done.

dk7th
USA
9/4/2015  3:02 PM
Top 15? Okay I suppose. Still doesn't mean he's not mentally frail. She's speaking the truth.
holfresh

9/4/2015  3:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/4/2015  3:54 PM
dk7th wrote:Top 15? Okay I suppose. Still doesn't mean he's not mentally frail. She's speaking the truth.

U once said Melo was top 5..

dk7th
USA
9/4/2015  4:08 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:Top 15? Okay I suppose. Still doesn't mean he's not mentally frail. She's speaking the truth.

No I don't think so. Find the quote and I will admit it but be sure you get the whole quote so we can look at the context. You know what context is don't you

holfresh

9/4/2015  4:38 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

No I don't think so. Find the quote and I will admit it but be sure you get the whole quote so we can look at the context. You know what context is don't you

Given our history, Do I say these things if I can't find it??..U for once, need to man up to the things u say...

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/4/2015  4:40 PM
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:She is a top 25 player in the world. She is no loser. Its not easy to get there. Respect that.

She is actually ranked 45 but that doesn't suck either...

Not at all!!! Higher ranked than Melo??LOL

I Trust You Are All Rooting For Coco Vandeweghe

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy