Porzingis looks like he is adding muscle
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
9/7/2015  10:52 PM
I loved this quote:
He said, ‘It’s amazing how we got everything here. I don’t see how NBA players can become lazy and not work out with everything available to them.’ ’’
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/7/2015  11:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I loved this quote:
He said, ‘It’s amazing how we got everything here. I don’t see how NBA players can become lazy and not work out with everything available to them.’ ’’

Kid wants to be great and that is the key to reaching your potential. You have to have it in you cuz no one can give it to you. I'm excited to see this kid develop. It seems to me that Phil has a few guys that really want to be more than just another guy on the roster, when you look at Jerian, O'Quinn and Seraphin they have that too. People sleep on Early but he has been putting in work as well. I think it only helps when you have highly motivated players.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/9/2015  11:32 AM
If you add the 11 to his draft weight of 233, that means he's put on about 24 lbs since the beginning of 2015, when they seemed to be listing him at 220 lbs.

Actually has a chance to be right around 250 by training camp. I figured that if he got to 240 by TC, I'd be pretty happy.

Pretty sure that Duncan did something like this, too, the year he got drafted.

Pretty amazing, IMO...wonder if it's also due to the physical maturation process.

Anyone know if he's shaving yet?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/17/2015  2:56 PM
Just wanted to add some more info on KP's progress this summer and what he's been doing.

Ian Begley, ESPN Staff Writer

NEWARK, N.J. – How has Kristaps Porzingis prepared for life in the NBA? By playing one-on-one with Carmelo Anthony.

The rookie said on Wednesday that he and Anthony played one-on-one over the summer before the rest of the team gathered in New York for informal workouts.

“We were playing one-on-one a lot, and I was just asking him about the moves, about as much as I could and know how he does that, how he does this so I can learn from him,” Porzingis said on Wednesday in Newark, where he was being fitted for a custom mattress big enough for his 7-foot-1 frame.

Porzingis said he's also peppered Anthony with questions about life in the NBA -- on and off the court.

“It was good for me to see how he carries himself just being around him, he’s never said no to one of my questions so I can keep asking and it’s great for me to keep learning from him,” Porzingis said.

Porzingis smiled when asked if he’d beaten Anthony in any of their 1-on-1 games.

“Maybe. But Melo is hard to guard. He’s the best offensive player in the league so I have trouble with him but I think I got better from it,” Porzingis said.

Anthony has expressed optimism about Porzingis and the Knicks’ other new additions following reports that he was upset with the team’s direction and its drafting of the 19-year-old Latvian.

Anthony’s name was also in the news recently because he responded on Instagram to a fan who questioned whether he was still an elite player.

Porzingis chimed in on the debate Wednesday.

“He’s elite. No question,” the rookie said.

5-on-5 matchups with Seraphin: Porzingis has been at the training facility recently playing 5-on-5 with his teammates. Most of the Knicks have been in attendance for the informal workouts.

Porzingis said one thing that’s stood out about the workouts is their intensity.

“Trash talking, it’s competitive, it’s fun. Five-on-five, there's no rules,” he said. “…. Everybody plays so hard, everybody’s competitive and everybody wants to win. That’s what makes it really fun.”

Porzingis said he’s been on Anthony’s team frequently in these 5-on-5 games. He’s also matched up at times against Anthony, Derrick Williams and, most often, Kevin Seraphin.

“Kevin Seraphin’s a big dude. I think that’s good for me. I can practice with him everyday and get used to that huge body that he has,” Porzingis said. “He’s probably one of the biggest 4/5 men that there is in the NBA, the heaviest. I think that’s good for me to just be able to fight with him day to day.”

PF… for now: Porzingis sees himself as a power forward right now. But he also envisions himself playing center if he gains enough weight.

“For now, I’m a [PF] for sure because of the defense. I’ve got to be able to hold those [centers]. So that’s the main thing,” Porzingis said. “Once I get stronger I’ll be able to play 5. Offensively, I can play both positions. At 5, I’ll be way quicker than the 5 man. So I’ll get stronger and gain more weight if I want to play 5.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york-knicks/post/_/id/62946/porzingis-learning-from-1-on-1-games-with-melo

Porzingis looks like he is adding muscle

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy