[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Porzingis looks like he is adding muscle
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/31/2015  10:07 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:KP is strictly a spot up shooter or garbage basket scorer on the offensive end, and a shot blocker on the defensive end right now, if he develops other aspects of his game, he could become a taller version of Robert Horry, which ain't that bad in itself.

I think you are severely underrating what this kid is already capable of, just check out a few clips online and you will see someone completely different than you are describing.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/31/2015  10:34 AM

we really can't say what KP will or won't be as some of you have. The kid will likey evolve over time depending on his body development.
He has a better shot than KG ever had and I doubt will be as quick around the basket. At the same time his frame appears to suggest he'll fill out and that will mean more power.

KG is HOF. Sabonis is HOF. I've seen Briggy suggest he need to play like Jabbar. I suppose expectations are high!

Pau too will be HOF. For now, I see him as a good template for fans to look at.

Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/31/2015  10:53 AM
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He'll end up a 5. I just dont see a 7-3 260-265 pd perimeter player. If he can continue putting on nice muscle hell be a load and a half to contend with under the hoop.

Can we ever get a picture of him working inside the paint for goodness sakes?

Big baby can hold his own against any NBA big.....Please show me one muscle!

Muscle doesn't make you a dominate post player. Can't turn a square into a circle. KP has the skills to be a dominate player period. He will NEVER have a permanent NBA position. He will always play 2 or 3 positions......Think of a Euro version of Kevin Garnet, with a 3 point shot. Thats all the muscle he needs.

First off, his arms show clear definition. Secondly, adding muscle doesn't mean getting chiseled. He just needs to get a lot stronger. The weakest parts of his games are low post defense, rebounding and taking the ball to the rim, whether it's from driving or posting up. If KP and the Knicks and the fans want him to stay out of foul trouble, then he damn well better add some strength. Anyone who compares him to Larry Bird are being misguided. He needs to add strength to maximize his game. He doesn't have to look like Triple H. He just needs to get much improved base strength and add to his shoulders so he can absorb contact.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
8/31/2015  11:10 AM
He doesn't have to be massive to pound with the biggies in the post, see David Robinson.

He's the perfect template for KP. Just get shredded and cut to the absolute bone, hopefully by year 3. Admiral used speed, skill, agility, stamina, and core strength to battle with the Shaq's, Hakeem's and Ewings.

holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

8/31/2015  11:31 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:He doesn't have to be massive to pound with the biggies in the post, see David Robinson.

He's the perfect template for KP. Just get shredded and cut to the absolute bone, hopefully by year 3. Admiral used speed, skill, agility, stamina, and core strength to battle with the Shaq's, Hakeem's and Ewings.

Why are u guys comparing him to unrealistc players..KP can be a good player but it will be a process..Please stop comparing him to Larry Bird and David Robinson..Thats why players can't develop here...David Robinson used to do a hand stand and walk the length of the court...Please stop...

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/31/2015  11:36 AM

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

8/31/2015  11:38 AM
This is becoming the anti Alba thread
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/31/2015  12:17 PM
martin wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:KP is strictly a spot up shooter or garbage basket scorer on the offensive end, and a shot blocker on the defensive end right now, if he develops other aspects of his game, he could become a taller version of Robert Horry, which ain't that bad in itself.

I think you are severely underrating what this kid is already capable of, just check out a few clips online and you will see someone completely different than you are describing.

The Robert Horry comparison is strange, although I hope KP will retire with as many rings as he had.

We saw a number of different offensive looks from him during the games he played in SL. Almost seemed like he was doing a showcase of the different things he can do.

Just a matter of being put into the right opportunities to take a shot. I don't think you see many isolation sets or over-dribbling from players in Europe, and I wonder if this is what Americans like ESOMKnicks think of as an "offensive game."

Funny thing is that we were told by many...even some "experts," that KP is not a good passer, yet we saw a few advanced passes when he had an opportunity to make them- which makes me think there is much more to his game than we've seen so far.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/31/2015  12:30 PM
A lot of players bulked up when the game became more physical. Not as physical as it used to be, you dont have to be cut to be strong anyway. KP just has to be fit enough not to get pushed out of the blocks.
EnySpree

8/31/2015  12:49 PM

Nalod
USA
8/31/2015  12:49 PM
holfresh wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:He doesn't have to be massive to pound with the biggies in the post, see David Robinson.

Why are u guys comparing him to unrealistc players..KP can be a good player but it will be a process..Please stop comparing him to Larry Bird and David Robinson..Thats why players can't develop here...David Robinson used to do a hand stand and walk the length of the court...Please stop...

INternet comparisons is why players can't develop here?

Jeeze, all this time I thought it was owners fear of losing would turn away fans and mandated a "win now, sorta" business plan!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/31/2015  12:52 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:

I feel very strongly that when they do a "throw-back" uniform game, they should make everyone wear short shorts for the sake of realism, and Kiki's should be the ones used as a model by the uniform makers...

Nalod
USA
8/31/2015  12:52 PM
EnySpree wrote:

These pics are not current!

David Robinson was 24 when he played his first game.

blkexec
Member: #748
8/31/2015  12:57 PM
GustavBahler wrote:A lot of players bulked up when the game became more physical. Not as physical as it used to be, you dont have to be cut to be strong anyway. KP just has to be fit enough not to get pushed out of the blocks.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
holfresh
Member: #1081

8/31/2015  1:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/31/2015  1:13 PM
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Jeeze, all this time I thought it was owners fear of losing would turn away fans and mandated a "win now, sorta" business plan!

No..Unrealistic player expectations that they should be doing things the greats have done..And when they come up short, it's time to move them...There will be pressure, that you can be assured of...U think articles are written about stuff discussed on this board??..Talk radio??..

blkexec
Member: #748
8/31/2015  1:03 PM
GustavBahler wrote:A lot of players bulked up when the game became more physical. Not as physical as it used to be, you dont have to be cut to be strong anyway. KP just has to be fit enough not to get pushed out of the blocks.

He just has to adjust his game. He will get stronger during the season. What I like most is that hes wants to be great and trying to remove that soft label. So his slim frame will only add fuel to his fire. Im sure hes not studying shaq....hes looking at similar post players with a slight build. Kp will be fine.....Im more worried about Briggs breaking his fire extinguisher when KP takes a 3 pointer.

Let KP live......there are plenty of bruisers out there who we can add.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
USA
8/31/2015  1:17 PM
holfresh wrote:
Nalod wrote:
holfresh wrote:

No..Unrealistic player expectations that they should be doing things the greats have done..And when they come up short, it's time to move them...There will be pressure, that you can be assured of...U think articles are written about stuff discussed on this board??..Talk radio??..

If management listens to media, then its influential.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

8/31/2015  1:57 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

The Robert Horry comparison is strange, although I hope KP will retire with as many rings as he had.

We saw a number of different offensive looks from him during the games he played in SL. Almost seemed like he was doing a showcase of the different things he can do.

Just a matter of being put into the right opportunities to take a shot. I don't think you see many isolation sets or over-dribbling from players in Europe, and I wonder if this is what Americans like ESOMKnicks think of as an "offensive game."

Funny thing is that we were told by many...even some "experts," that KP is not a good passer, yet we saw a few advanced passes when he had an opportunity to make them- which makes me think there is much more to his game than we've seen so far.

I disagree. Championships are won by teams that have one or two cornerstone players, capable of creating their own shot and scoring against their man one-on-one, players who are unstoppable one-on-one and are effective passers out of a double team. KP can be effective as a third scoring option, if the team creates spot-up jump shot, cut-to-the-basket or put-back opportunities for him. But he needs to develop an unstoppable individual game to become a true cornerstone for the Knicks. And it is not a Euro vs US player thing, Dirk, for example, is very effective with the ball and creating his own shot with the deadly turnaround fadeaway that cannot be defended one-on-one.

As for the passing, KP may have dished out a couple of passes here and there, but the point is comparisons to Sabonis or KG, who were elite passers, and KP is not, nor does he show the passing ability that young Sabonis had.

Nalod
USA
8/31/2015  2:00 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

I disagree. Championships are won by teams that have one or two cornerstone players, capable of creating their own shot and scoring against their man one-on-one, players who are unstoppable one-on-one and are effective passers out of a double team. KP can be effective as a third scoring option, if the team creates spot-up jump shot, cut-to-the-basket or put-back opportunities for him. But he needs to develop an unstoppable individual game to become a true cornerstone for the Knicks. And it is not a Euro vs US player thing, Dirk, for example, is very effective with the ball and creating his own shot with the deadly turnaround fadeaway that cannot be defended one-on-one.

As for the passing, KP may have dished out a couple of passes here and there, but the point is comparisons to Sabonis or KG, who were elite passers, and KP is not, nor does he show the passing ability that young Sabonis had.

How do we know what he "Needs", he has not played an NBA game!!!!!!

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
8/31/2015  2:33 PM
EnySpree wrote:

This reminded me of Rocky IV

Porzingis looks like he is adding muscle

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy