USA
8/30/2015  10:03 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #748
8/30/2015  10:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2015  10:47 PM

If KP can play on the level of these guys, I'll take skills over muscles any day.

This is what I'm worried about, with NYC media attention. Don't stop doing what you are great at, just to satisfy fans. I'm still trying to find one Larry Bird muscle in this picture. I believe Birds NBA career turned out ok, and he has sting bean arms. It's great that KP added more muscle, I get it. But he's still a light weight stretch 4 that operates in the mid range area. I doubt he will ever be a PF banger with arms like Anthony Mason.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/30/2015  10:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/30/2015  10:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

He'll end up a 5. I just dont see a 7-3 260-265 pd perimeter player. If he can continue putting on nice muscle hell be a load and a half to contend with under the hoop.

Can we ever get a picture of him working inside the paint for goodness sakes?

RIP Crushalot😞
blkexec
8/30/2015  10:55 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He'll end up a 5. I just dont see a 7-3 260-265 pd perimeter player. If he can continue putting on nice muscle hell be a load and a half to contend with under the hoop.

Big baby can hold his own against any NBA big.....Please show me one muscle!

Muscle doesn't make you a dominate post player. Can't turn a square into a circle. KP has the skills to be a dominate player period. He will NEVER have a permanent NBA position. He will always play 2 or 3 positions......Think of a Euro version of Kevin Garnet, with a 3 point shot. Thats all the muscle he needs.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/30/2015  10:57 PM
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Muscle doesn't make you a dominate post player. Can't turn a square into a circle. KP has the skills to be a dominate player period. He will NEVER have a permanent NBA position. He will always play 2 or 3 positions......Think of a Euro version of Kevin Garnet, with a 3 point shot. Thats all the muscle he needs.

You have no basis for your train of thought. If you can name me just 1 7-3 player that thrived from anywhere other than C long term--let me in on it.

RIP Crushalot😞
blkexec
8/30/2015  10:58 PM
It's a good thing Ray Allen didn't add muscle to that bird chest of his.....His jumper during the Miami championship game would've been a BRICK.
blkexec
8/30/2015  11:23 PM
KP will be fine. Adding muscles just shows that he's a gym rat, trying to improve.

He has the height to play center and the speed and skills to play forward. Similar to Kevin Garnets career, who played forward and center, depending on the matchups and roster makeup. Don't forget KG was a forward playing next to Kendrick Perkins at center.

I think it's time to step into the new school. KP is the perfect new school hybrid center who can play both traditional center or small ball center. We are saying the same thing, just using different words. I just think all this about adding muscle is over blown. And based on his Instagram photo, he's clearly listening to his coaching staff. He's still a 7'3 forward / center because of his build and outside shooting. Thats not going to change any time soon.

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

8/30/2015  11:29 PM
please tell me one 6 9' player that played PG before magic? Just one!!!

how about 7 footers who can dribble and shoot threes like Durant? Just one!!

I would like to see kp but on really short shorts and converse sneakers and say darn it and nincompoop.

so here is what phil is thinking ....
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/30/2015  11:30 PM
blkexec wrote:It's a good thing Ray Allen didn't add muscle to that bird chest of his.....His jumper during the Miami championship game would've been a BRICK.

Funny...but "back in the day" baseball and basketball players did not work out with weights as much-folks used to say that you would lose your flexibility, touch, reflexes, coordination, etc., but that's been pretty much disproven, I would think. Not sure that you want to "bulk up" too much-don't see too many body builder type bodies in these 2 sports- but guys are much stronger, and there does not seem to be a drop-off in performance.

KP has to find the right balance of weight and strength that allows him to bang more down low, but does not affect his quickness/speed. I'm looking at 255lbs as the optimum weight to shoot for at this point, and hope that he does things at the right speed.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/30/2015  11:42 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
blkexec wrote:It's a good thing Ray Allen didn't add muscle to that bird chest of his.....His jumper during the Miami championship game would've been a BRICK.

Funny...but "back in the day" baseball and basketball players did not work out with weights as much-folks used to say that you would lose your flexibility, touch, reflexes, coordination, etc., but that's been pretty much disproven, I would think. Not sure that you want to "bulk up" too much-don't see too many body builder type bodies in these 2 sports- but guys are much stronger, and there does not seem to be a drop-off in performance.

KP has to find the right balance of weight and strength that allows him to bang more down low, but does not affect his quickness/speed. I'm looking at 255lbs as the optimum weight to shoot for at this point, and hope that he does things at the right speed.

I know Haney thought Tiger Woods was working out too much for a golfer and that Woods balky left knee reportedly was hurt when he was doing something with the navy seals. I don't think KP has the build to put on too much weight. Trying to make him a banger would be a mistake in my opinion.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire

8/30/2015  11:57 PM
blkexec wrote:

I feel very strongly that when they do a "throw-back" uniform game, they should make everyone wear short shorts for the sake of realism, and Kiki's should be the ones used as a model by the uniform makers...

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

8/31/2015  12:32 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

I know Haney thought Tiger Woods was working out too much for a golfer and that Woods balky left knee reportedly was hurt when he was doing something with the navy seals. I don't think KP has the build to put on too much weight. Trying to make him a banger would be a mistake in my opinion.

Maybe Tiger went overboard, but there were a few years where, as a golfer, he had the perfect combination of strength, flexibility, technique, and mental toughness.

As for KP, he still has a lot of physical maturing to do- and it has nothing to do with weight lifting. He's underdeveloped for his age- more so than any in this draft, IMO- not even sure if he shaves yet. He might even have another 1/2 inch of growth left. He was about 6'8" when he was 15, and I'm not sure whether that was with or without shoes.

We all get to see the maturation process, but who can really know where it's going to take him?

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
8/31/2015  12:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/31/2015  12:54 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
blkexec wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

You have no basis for your train of thought. If you can name me just 1 7-3 player that thrived from anywhere other than C long term--let me in on it.

Arvydas Sabonis had a hell of a long range game. He could play in the post as he was an amazing passer out of there. He was 7-3.

~You can't run from who you are.~
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

8/31/2015  1:39 AM
Sabonis was a great shooter and passer and dominant player in Europe when he was just 18. KP does not have the same feel for the game as Sabonis and will never be as good.

KP comparisons to KG are also laughable. KG was for all practical purposes a 7 ft guard. He was a great ball handler and passer, had the ability to create his own shot to score one-on-one - which is a key quality that KP lacks and which could cap his potential to be a star in this league. KP is strictly a spot up shooter or garbage basket scorer on the offensive end, and a shot blocker on the defensive end right now, if he develops other aspects of his game, he could become a taller version of Robert Horry, which ain't that bad in itself.

blkexec
8/31/2015  2:07 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Sabonis was a great shooter and passer and dominant player in Europe when he was just 18. KP does not have the same feel for the game as Sabonis and will never be as good.

KP comparisons to KG are also laughable. KG was for all practical purposes a 7 ft guard. He was a great ball handler and passer, had the ability to create his own shot to score one-on-one - which is a key quality that KP lacks and which could cap his potential to be a star in this league. KP is strictly a spot up shooter or garbage basket scorer on the offensive end, and a shot blocker on the defensive end right now, if he develops other aspects of his game, he could become a taller version of Robert Horry, which ain't that bad in itself.

Tall Robert Horry is a pessimistic view currently how he can impact right now, playing off of Melo.

A poor mans KG (mainly because of his slight build and lateral quickness) is an optimistic view.

In reality, nobody knows anything.....this is all fan speculation. Impatient NY fans trying to rush a 19 yr old kid into adult hood. Seems normal to me, as a long time NY Knicks fan. But it's also the kind of pressure that stunts rookie growth in a Knick uniform.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
8/31/2015  2:16 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Sabonis was a great shooter and passer and dominant player in Europe when he was just 18. KP does not have the same feel for the game as Sabonis and will never be as good.

I know very little is Sabonis in Europe other than he came her past his prime and was one of the best centers in the league. He had the size to be a bull but was content being a more finesse player. Briggs asked for a guy KP's size that made his living on the perimeter. And I gave him one. I don't think KP is gonna be a 7-3 2guard. Also don't thing he is gonna be Shaq. Except for the slick passing, KP looks like a lanky version of Sabonis to me on the floor.

~You can't run from who you are.~
blkexec
8/31/2015  2:27 AM
Would you still run the triangle if we had this guy? He probably has to duck or he would hit his head on the back board. No need for a system with him. Just give him the ball and watch him perform "no jump" dunks.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/31/2015  7:31 AM
Muscle is so overrated. We want the kid stronger but he's not in a body building competition. A fired up bicep while taking a jumper doesn't mean anything.

Dude looks like a H&M model here

we want him to use his finesse game. He's going to get stronger inside but we don't want him trying to be Moses Malone inside.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
8/31/2015  8:49 AM
EnySpree wrote:Muscle is so overrated. We want the kid stronger but he's not in a body building competition. A fired up bicep while taking a jumper doesn't mean anything.

Dude looks like a H&M model here

we want him to use his finesse game. He's going to get stronger inside but we don't want him trying to be Moses Malone inside.

ha ha i love spike!

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
8/31/2015  8:56 AM
As long as that jumper remains pure! Seems like he has strong tree trunk like legs already.

Just get that core and upper body a little swole, not too much.

Porzingis looks like he is adding muscle

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy