I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/26/2015  10:53 PM
LOL... funny sht...
Interesting if she will find anybody to believe her...
Even if all this is true no way it can be proved.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/27/2015  1:09 AM
arkrud wrote:LOL... funny sht...

Tell that to Bill Cosby

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/27/2015  1:38 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Tell that to Bill Cosby

Yeah. Not funny even if she is lying.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/27/2015  2:12 AM
Timing is interesting...

Cosby inspired?

Comes out at time when a player might settle on the side so it doesn't interfere with start of season.

Why wouldn't she have tried to do something with the police, even if it was just to find out that the statute of limitations had expired.

Usually, my first impulse is to believe the woman in this kind of story- in this case I have some doubts about her timing and her story.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

8/27/2015  6:43 AM

Court of Law is not the same as the Court of Public Opinion.

Just taking a neutral stance here in terms of whether Rose is guilty or innocent, this is just a BAD BAD TIME for any pro athlete in America to get caught up in any scandal involving the mistreatment/abuse/hurting of women. Esp after the Ray Rice thing in the NFL.

The rabid group of feminists and pro feminist agenda folks out there wanted their pound of flesh of Ray Rice. They will want their pound of flesh of Derrick Rose too.

One thing about the media in general, not just the sports media, is that the "headline" means more than the truth, whatever the truth is, because in that regard, the truth doesn't matter to the Court of Public Opinion.

Ray Rice can't even get a team to work him out. I'm not saying this will be Rose's fate, but this could end up pretty ugly for him before it's over.

I remember reading about all the teams AC Green was on, how they'd laugh at him and prod him and bust his chops about being celibate and not getting involved with women. I remember reading an article about a team mate saying how they'd joke about it all with him, but maybe AC Green was really the smart one and the rest of them were all the foolish ones.

blkexec
Member: #748
8/27/2015  9:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2015  9:23 AM
This is what happens to celebrities when you stop paying your ex girlfriends bills. Just like police brutality, and how we should hold the police accountable. We should also hold these ex girlfriends accountable if their stories are false. If Barry Bonds goes to jail for lying, so should the police and ex girlfriends. Otherwise, you will continue to have these allegations. Same should be said for gun suppliers. If a person or company sells a gun to a mentally ill person....And that person kills or harms someone, then the seller of the gun should do time as well.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/27/2015  11:04 AM
she already hurt him.

Long time relationship and they have a kid together. could be she did not want to jepordize her cash flow by coming forward.
A financial settlement could be her path to independence as she would not have to deal with him.
If true that's a pretty brutal thing to do to a women. Rape is awful, but to be engaged to a man then have him pass you around to his friends.
They did break up about two years ago. He can countersue for defamation of character if unfounded.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/27/2015  11:15 AM
Nalod wrote:she already hurt him.

Long time relationship and they have a kid together. could be she did not want to jepordize her cash flow by coming forward.
A financial settlement could be her path to independence as she would not have to deal with him.
If true that's a pretty brutal thing to do to a women. Rape is awful, but to be engaged to a man then have him pass you around to his friends.
They did break up about two years ago. He can countersue for defamation of character if unfounded.

Yup, and although I have brought this up in certain situations related to the Knicks, I completely forgot about it here. I know that if I was rich and had the money to get a good lawyer, and was accused of something like this, I would be aggressive in trying to clear my name.

Will be interesting to see what happens. If the child is theirs, and Rose had stopped paying support, you would think she could simply sue for support if it was only a money thing, without the rape allegations.

If he pays her off without going to court would this imply guilt, or simply the desire to get rid of a problem that could linger, even if the allegations were false or exaggerated?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

8/27/2015  11:20 AM
I think it's insane that everyone is brushing this off as though she is definitely a gold digger. Some of the facts will come to light and there will be a verdict and I will react to the story then. I remember hearing the same BS when Darren Sharper denied what he did and then later plead guilty.
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
USA
8/27/2015  11:33 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Nalod wrote:she already hurt him.

Yup, and although I have brought this up in certain situations related to the Knicks, I completely forgot about it here. I know that if I was rich and had the money to get a good lawyer, and was accused of something like this, I would be aggressive in trying to clear my name.

Will be interesting to see what happens. If the child is theirs, and Rose had stopped paying support, you would think she could simply sue for support if it was only a money thing, without the rape allegations.

If he pays her off without going to court would this imply guilt, or simply the desire to get rid of a problem that could linger, even if the allegations were false or exaggerated?

This was a long term relationship and they were engaged to be married. They broke two years ago. Rape is psychological as well and its not uncommon for a victim to come forward years later. Maybe he was threating her with not paying, maybe he did stop. If true he is not the victim, she is.

None of us can really know what is happening nor what her state is if she was in fact violated.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
8/27/2015  11:47 AM
So far she hasn't come forward as Mieka Reese, Rose's ex fiancee and mother of his son, but as "Jane Doe".

Could be another chick, not his ex-fiancee. Not passing judgement yet because it's still early, but it seems like Rose could be in deep doo doo...

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

8/27/2015  11:59 AM
Rape is rape. But there may be a thin line between a consensual gang bang and the later "interpretation" of that by this person. If she didn't come forward when it happened, seems it may be on the consensual side of that line. Only she and the men involved know the truth.
Nalod
USA
8/27/2015  12:56 PM
Most women don't report rape. Its complex, but not reporting it does not imply consent.
With this case, we don't know.
holfresh
Member: #1081

8/27/2015  1:01 PM
Just one big clusterfck...If he really did that..Wow..If she is lying, Wow..
RicanHavok
Member: #4274
USA
8/27/2015  1:16 PM
So she escaped his beverly hills mansion only for them to be SO thirsty for her specific junk that they broke into her apartment and did the deed? Dang just ugly all around. Something aint right but that goes both ways.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/27/2015  1:28 PM
This type of thing does happen when you deal with arrogant, young, rich people....

at the same time women are always crying wolf as a way to get back for some reason or another.

I got my own problems so I say **** it

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
USA
8/27/2015  2:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2015  2:47 PM
RicanHavok wrote:So she escaped his beverly hills mansion only for them to be SO thirsty for her specific junk that they broke into her apartment and did the deed? Dang just ugly all around. Something aint right but that goes both ways.

Rape is about control (domination), not sex.

RicanHavok
Member: #4274
USA
8/27/2015  3:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2015  3:50 PM
Nalod wrote:
RicanHavok wrote:So she escaped his beverly hills mansion only for them to be SO thirsty for her specific junk that they broke into her apartment and did the deed? Dang just ugly all around. Something aint right but that goes both ways.

Rape is about control (domination), not sex.

Yea, I guess I should've actually made a point with my post lol. I don't know Rose and I def don't know the mentality of a rapist but my line of thought was more on the idea that they lost track of her long enough for her to escape the mansion then they collectively decided to go to her home and break in to rape her. Just a crazy thing to imagine drose functioning that way.

blkexec
Member: #748
8/27/2015  4:00 PM
I'm really getting tired of these stories....Whether it's true or false. First of all, this should be a lesson for all young entrepreneurs. Regardless if she's telling the truth or not, Rose should've never put himself in this vulnerable situation. But I remember being a 20 yr old, and all I have to say is thank God I wasn't a millionaire. You rarely think about consequences until after the fact.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Derrick Rose being sued for gang rape

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy