Author Thread
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
8/27/2015  8:51 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:Still having problem assigning ownership...Dolan did this Dolan did that..Dolan told Phil to resign Melo..Dolan is the bad bank..Your fav GM and coach are to good bank...

the fish rots from the head down. this is an inescapable fact. the day that dolan admitted he did not know what he was doing was the dawn of hope. but please do continue to crap on jackson and fisher and lopez and o'quinn and porzingis and grant.

i am looking forward to this season.

Calderon stinks..U can add him to your list...

okay. i'll add calderon. now explain to me why jackson felt compelled to trade chandler and felton for calderon. i'm all ears on this one.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

8/27/2015  10:29 PM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
EnySpree wrote:We need to appreciate what we have in Melo not trash him for what he can't do. We need what he can do to succeed right now. If they can get the team around him to function we should do that.

the more he cannot do the less he should be paid and the fewer players should have been traded for him. we did both but yeah lets "appreciate" what we have.

what have we had, again? the last 4 years have been...?

apparently your in the minority,

what the heck has any player every done for the knicks in the past 40+ years, take, take, take.

the problem has never been the individual player, it's the roster that they put around their high price players all the way back to King..Ewing may have kept us a playoff contender, but it was more heart broken then, the finger roles, the injuries, the fights, the lame ass pg's, the 2 for 18 starks, the hobbled allan houston, the camby sisters hostage situation.

The franchise hasn't gotten right, and has been hit with more bad luck, then black cats, broken mirrors, and splitting poles..smh

my issue with melo and ewing, regardless of the front office, is that both overrated themselves, asked for too much for their services, and never worked on expanding their games sufficiently. these three things are deeply intertwined but the root problem of the three remains a stubborn egocentricity.

some will say ewing was proud, a proud warrior, etc. and that's fine if you want to make him some sort of heroic person. i don't see it that way. but this ego clouded his judgement and made him less pragmatic than he could have been.

melo is just a lesser version.

Have you ever thought it's what has made them who they are..It's that stubbornness that drives their careers...They aren't the greatest athletes, they weren't chiseled from Mount Olympus.. I think it's great...I never wanted MJ and I don't want LeBron on my team...I wish we had more guys like Ewing on our team, we would have won...Guys like Ewing and Melo thinks they can beat MJ and LeBrons of the world...I want these guys on my team..They are the underdog and they come to fight..Melo has gotten better over the years...He is stubborn and wants to win...I can't ask for more...

I would never put Anthony and Ewing in the same category. Always felt that Ewing fell in love with the jumper a bit too much, neglected to refine his game in the post, and he was never a good passer, but he had a significant impact on both sides of the court, and played with intensity.

As for Jordan, the guy was one of the great competitors of all time-in any sport, and was able to have an impact in every aspect of the game. Not many prolific scorers have been as intense on the defensive end like he was. There was nobody more stubborn than this guy- he took it personally if you scored on him. Hated the guy, but respected him on the court. Had an ego, but it fueled his competitiveness.

Kobe is more like Jordan than James, IMO, but James has some of the same competitiveness in him.

For one reason or another, Anthony is not in the conversation with Jordan, Ewing, or Lebron as a player.

He has his moments...usually as a scorer- but his limitations as a player are significant, and his defensive deficiencies are telling.

You guys have to stop the BS about Melo's defense..You lose me bcause I think u don't know what you are talking about..He isn't the greatest defender but he plays defense..People who don't watch him play every night will say that because they read it and it's easy to get people to agree with them..But you who claim to watch the Knicks and say Melo don't play defense it's either you don't watch the games or you are just lying...Dirk and Nash are two of the consistently worst defenders every to play the game, yet they don't have that label..Melo is a much better defender than both yet he has the label...You think it's a little press running with it??...

Everyone "plays defense." Look at the guys I was comparing him to, please... Anthony is not a consistent defender in terms of effort, and that is putting it diplomatically. Please, stop with the revisionism...

and you were the one who somehow managed to put Anthony into a sentence with Ewing, as if there is any comparison but the uniform.

Nash was/is a poor defender- stunning how few steals he averaged, and Dirk with his plodding feet is a limited defender, however...

...I'm not good with these advanced stats, but when comparing the ORtg/DRtg of Nash, Anthony, and Dirk, I was surprised to find that Anthony's ratio was the worst one of the 3, by far. His Denver numbers averaged out at 107/107.

In fact the year the Nuggets reached the conference finals, he was a -2 for the year, while Billups was +11, Hilario, +15, and Chris Anderson, +19

Perhaps somebody can tell me if there is any significance to these numbers?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh
Member: #1081

8/27/2015  10:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2015  11:00 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
EnySpree wrote:We need to appreciate what we have in Melo not trash him for what he can't do. We need what he can do to succeed right now. If they can get the team around him to function we should do that.

the more he cannot do the less he should be paid and the fewer players should have been traded for him. we did both but yeah lets "appreciate" what we have.

what have we had, again? the last 4 years have been...?

apparently your in the minority,

what the heck has any player every done for the knicks in the past 40+ years, take, take, take.

the problem has never been the individual player, it's the roster that they put around their high price players all the way back to King..Ewing may have kept us a playoff contender, but it was more heart broken then, the finger roles, the injuries, the fights, the lame ass pg's, the 2 for 18 starks, the hobbled allan houston, the camby sisters hostage situation.

The franchise hasn't gotten right, and has been hit with more bad luck, then black cats, broken mirrors, and splitting poles..smh

my issue with melo and ewing, regardless of the front office, is that both overrated themselves, asked for too much for their services, and never worked on expanding their games sufficiently. these three things are deeply intertwined but the root problem of the three remains a stubborn egocentricity.

some will say ewing was proud, a proud warrior, etc. and that's fine if you want to make him some sort of heroic person. i don't see it that way. but this ego clouded his judgement and made him less pragmatic than he could have been.

melo is just a lesser version.

Have you ever thought it's what has made them who they are..It's that stubbornness that drives their careers...They aren't the greatest athletes, they weren't chiseled from Mount Olympus.. I think it's great...I never wanted MJ and I don't want LeBron on my team...I wish we had more guys like Ewing on our team, we would have won...Guys like Ewing and Melo thinks they can beat MJ and LeBrons of the world...I want these guys on my team..They are the underdog and they come to fight..Melo has gotten better over the years...He is stubborn and wants to win...I can't ask for more...

I would never put Anthony and Ewing in the same category. Always felt that Ewing fell in love with the jumper a bit too much, neglected to refine his game in the post, and he was never a good passer, but he had a significant impact on both sides of the court, and played with intensity.

As for Jordan, the guy was one of the great competitors of all time-in any sport, and was able to have an impact in every aspect of the game. Not many prolific scorers have been as intense on the defensive end like he was. There was nobody more stubborn than this guy- he took it personally if you scored on him. Hated the guy, but respected him on the court. Had an ego, but it fueled his competitiveness.

Kobe is more like Jordan than James, IMO, but James has some of the same competitiveness in him.

For one reason or another, Anthony is not in the conversation with Jordan, Ewing, or Lebron as a player.

He has his moments...usually as a scorer- but his limitations as a player are significant, and his defensive deficiencies are telling.

You guys have to stop the BS about Melo's defense..You lose me bcause I think u don't know what you are talking about..He isn't the greatest defender but he plays defense..People who don't watch him play every night will say that because they read it and it's easy to get people to agree with them..But you who claim to watch the Knicks and say Melo don't play defense it's either you don't watch the games or you are just lying...Dirk and Nash are two of the consistently worst defenders every to play the game, yet they don't have that label..Melo is a much better defender than both yet he has the label...You think it's a little press running with it??...

Everyone "plays defense." Look at the guys I was comparing him to, please... Anthony is not a consistent defender in terms of effort, and that is putting it diplomatically. Please, stop with the revisionism...

and you were the one who somehow managed to put Anthony into a sentence with Ewing, as if there is any comparison but the uniform.

Nash was/is a poor defender- stunning how few steals he averaged, and Dirk with his plodding feet is a limited defender, however...

...I'm not good with these advanced stats, but when comparing the ORtg/DRtg of Nash, Anthony, and Dirk, I was surprised to find that Anthony's ratio was the worst one of the 3, by far. His Denver numbers averaged out at 107/107.

In fact the year the Nuggets reached the conference finals, he was a -2 for the year, while Billups was +11, Hilario, +15, and Chris Anderson, +19

Perhaps somebody can tell me if there is any significance to these numbers?

I was the one to compare Melo and Ewing???.I compared their stubbornness and ego..

holfresh

8/27/2015  11:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/27/2015  11:07 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:Still having problem assigning ownership...Dolan did this Dolan did that..Dolan told Phil to resign Melo..Dolan is the bad bank..Your fav GM and coach are to good bank...

the fish rots from the head down. this is an inescapable fact. the day that dolan admitted he did not know what he was doing was the dawn of hope. but please do continue to crap on jackson and fisher and lopez and o'quinn and porzingis and grant.

okay. i'll add calderon. now explain to me why jackson felt compelled to trade chandler and felton for calderon. i'm all ears on this one.

incompetence?

dk7th
USA
8/28/2015  7:49 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:

incompetence?

nope. try again. you are trying to build a team with players who fit the system you have had success with while also catering to dolan.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
USA
8/28/2015  10:45 AM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:Question for some of the more experienced Knicks fans: was Bernard King subjected to the same type of criticism as Melo back in his Knicks playing days?

As for Melo accepting a lesser role on the offense, who is it that the Knicks have on their roster now that is bursting with offensive prowess that Melo is holding back?

It's wasn't the same..It was a different era..The big money Melo makes is an issue...24/7 news cycle..The internet..Anyone is writing a column these days...And I mean the dude down the block or in a dorm room or his mother's basement...The hip hop era...Allen Iverson..Corn rolls and tattoos...There hate is real out there but there are some that has legit basketball questions..Just that today they mask their issues and says it's about basketball and the game...It's deeper...Guys like Melo don't carry themselves in a manner that apologies for their wealth or status..It rubs some the wrong way...

you started off with two truths and then went into justifying melo's behavior. the dude has been an in love with himself greedy infantile douche.

You are justifying my point by mentioning "Melo's behavior"...

okay.. so u characterize his behavior a certain way and say it is perfectly good and acceptable behavior. meanwhile i characterize his behavior a certain way, differently from u, and say it is not perfectly good and acceptable.

u seem to be headed down a particular primrose path with your post..

No what I'm saying is that I don't care about Melo's behavior..I could care less what he is doing off the court...Seem like his cash moves bother you, what happens in TMZ and social media..I care when the refs toss up the basketball to when they blow the final whistle...

and when his behavior and business decisions affect the quality of his teams/teammates and the morale of the teams/teammates, what then?

By business decisions, you mean the instances you feel he should act against his own self interest?

you're way too black and white as usual. there's a reason why contracts are negotiated. if you end up with a boatload of cash but a paucity of talent then that's going to be a problem. or, if you are afraid if missing that boat on a big payday and force a trade that pays you well but costs the team you are going to a bunch of human assets in exchange for your services then that too is going to be a problem.

that's why being a savvy negotiator who is finding a balance between money and work atmosphere is so important. melo lacks the savvy because he only sees dollar signs. so he is actually working against his own self interests as an nba player. the money he makes comes ata significant price-- can you understand that statement?

what i have resented about the knicks is that there was an opportunity to build something in 2010. we had ALL the leverage to keep a patient rebuild going, and then completely sabotaged that process. hre we are 4-5 years later and essentially nothing has changed... although i believe we will see signs of that progress that we could have witnessed in 2011-2012 had the melo deal not occurred as it did.

melo as a free agent in 2011-2012 would have been a much better scenario. but yeah he acted in his own perceived self-interest even though it was self-destructive.

You fail to illustrate the bad management we had in the process..U fail to see the bad management in place right now..Donnie and MDA signed Amare..The team was doomed from that single act..Melo or no Melo...Amnestying Billups was a disaster after picking up his option a few months earlier..Bringing in Chandler, another disaster..MDA was a disaster...But you continue to moan about Melo's contract and trade..Gallo turned out to be nothing...Will is just an ok player..Moz the same..They didn't help Denver do anything...

Donnie wanted DWill over Melo..We would have been so hosed with Amare, DWill and MDA...We just paid the wrong Lopez 13/14 mil per...DWill 5 mil per and Affalo 8 mil ..We resigned Admunson and Thomas and u are worried about Melo at 22/23 per...If I were Melo, I would be pissed I gave up money for this...

it's 24 million per year.

but lets do this: what would you have thought of melo if he had decided to take a real paycut, and play for 18 million per instead? what would you think of melo then?

your hypocrisy is now firmly settled in my crosshairs..

holfresh

8/28/2015  11:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/28/2015  11:15 AM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:Question for some of the more experienced Knicks fans: was Bernard King subjected to the same type of criticism as Melo back in his Knicks playing days?

As for Melo accepting a lesser role on the offense, who is it that the Knicks have on their roster now that is bursting with offensive prowess that Melo is holding back?

It's wasn't the same..It was a different era..The big money Melo makes is an issue...24/7 news cycle..The internet..Anyone is writing a column these days...And I mean the dude down the block or in a dorm room or his mother's basement...The hip hop era...Allen Iverson..Corn rolls and tattoos...There hate is real out there but there are some that has legit basketball questions..Just that today they mask their issues and says it's about basketball and the game...It's deeper...Guys like Melo don't carry themselves in a manner that apologies for their wealth or status..It rubs some the wrong way...

you started off with two truths and then went into justifying melo's behavior. the dude has been an in love with himself greedy infantile douche.

okay.. so u characterize his behavior a certain way and say it is perfectly good and acceptable behavior. meanwhile i characterize his behavior a certain way, differently from u, and say it is not perfectly good and acceptable.

No what I'm saying is that I don't care about Melo's behavior..I could care less what he is doing off the court...Seem like his cash moves bother you, what happens in TMZ and social media..I care when the refs toss up the basketball to when they blow the final whistle...

and when his behavior and business decisions affect the quality of his teams/teammates and the morale of the teams/teammates, what then?

By business decisions, you mean the instances you feel he should act against his own self interest?

you're way too black and white as usual. there's a reason why contracts are negotiated. if you end up with a boatload of cash but a paucity of talent then that's going to be a problem. or, if you are afraid if missing that boat on a big payday and force a trade that pays you well but costs the team you are going to a bunch of human assets in exchange for your services then that too is going to be a problem.

that's why being a savvy negotiator who is finding a balance between money and work atmosphere is so important. melo lacks the savvy because he only sees dollar signs. so he is actually working against his own self interests as an nba player. the money he makes comes ata significant price-- can you understand that statement?

what i have resented about the knicks is that there was an opportunity to build something in 2010. we had ALL the leverage to keep a patient rebuild going, and then completely sabotaged that process. hre we are 4-5 years later and essentially nothing has changed... although i believe we will see signs of that progress that we could have witnessed in 2011-2012 had the melo deal not occurred as it did.

melo as a free agent in 2011-2012 would have been a much better scenario. but yeah he acted in his own perceived self-interest even though it was self-destructive.

You fail to illustrate the bad management we had in the process..U fail to see the bad management in place right now..Donnie and MDA signed Amare..The team was doomed from that single act..Melo or no Melo...Amnestying Billups was a disaster after picking up his option a few months earlier..Bringing in Chandler, another disaster..MDA was a disaster...But you continue to moan about Melo's contract and trade..Gallo turned out to be nothing...Will is just an ok player..Moz the same..They didn't help Denver do anything...

Donnie wanted DWill over Melo..We would have been so hosed with Amare, DWill and MDA...We just paid the wrong Lopez 13/14 mil per...DWill 5 mil per and Affalo 8 mil ..We resigned Admunson and Thomas and u are worried about Melo at 22/23 per...If I were Melo, I would be pissed I gave up money for this...

but lets do this: what would you have thought of melo if he had decided to take a real paycut, and play for 18 million per instead? what would you think of melo then?

Who is going to give up 40 mil of earnings in the prime of the earning career??..On probably the last big contract of their career..Come on..You have a prob with Melo's money but not the wrong Lopez's money??..Gallo is making 17 mil per...

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/28/2015  11:27 AM
holfresh wrote:Who is going to give up 40 mil of earnings in the prime of the earning career??..On probably the last big contract of their career..Come on..You have a prob with Melo's money but not the wrong Lopez's money??..Gallo is making 17 mil per...

There's nothing wrong with Melo's money. Top players get paid. I really don't see why people have to focus on Melo so much.

With regard for RoLo his contract is fine. People are making too much of his money as if the money he's making is so out of bounds for his position and ability. We made out just fine with RoLo at Center.

PLAYER POS. AGE TYPE FROM TO YRS DOLLARS AVERAGE
Marc Gasol C 30 UFA MEM MEM 5 $113,211,750 $22,642,350
Kevin Love PF 26 UFA CLE CLE 5 $113,211,750 $22,642,350
Kawhi Leonard SF 24 RFA SAS SAS 5 $94,343,125 $18,868,625
Jimmy Butler SF 25 RFA CHI CHI 5 $92,339,878 $18,467,976
DeAndre Jordan C 27 UFA LAC LAC 4 $87,616,050 $21,904,013
Goran Dragic PG 29 UFA MIA MIA 5 $85,002,250 $17,000,450
LaMarcus Aldridge PF 30 UFA POR SAS 4 $84,072,030 $21,018,008
Draymond Green SF 25 RFA GSW GSW 5 $82,000,000 $16,400,000
Reggie Jackson PG 25 RFA DET DET 5 $80,000,000 $16,000,000
Tristan Thompson PF 24 RFA CLE CLE 5 $80,000,000 $16,000,000
Enes Kanter C 23 RFA OKC OKC 4 $70,060,026 $17,515,007
Wesley Matthews SG 28 UFA POR DAL 4 $70,060,026 $17,515,007
Brandon Knight PG 23 RFA PHX PHX 5 $70,000,000 $14,000,000
Khris Middleton SF 24 RFA MIL MIL 5 $70,000,000 $14,000,000
Tobias Harris SF 23 RFA ORL ORL 4 $64,000,000 $16,000,000
Brook Lopez C 27 UFA BKN BKN 3 $63,497,025 $21,165,675
Paul Millsap PF 30 UFA ATL ATL 3 $60,216,100 $20,072,033
DeMarre Carroll SF 29 UFA ATL TOR 4 $58,000,000 $14,500,000
Omer Asik C 29 UFA NOP NOP 5 $57,977,525 $11,595,505
Robin Lopez C 27 UFA POR NYK 4 $54,015,500 $13,503,875
Thaddeus Young SF 27 UFA BKN BKN 4 $54,000,000 $13,500,000
Tyson Chandler C 32 UFA DAL PHX 4 $52,000,000 $13,000,000
Greg Monroe C 25 UFA DET MIL 3 $51,437,513 $17,145,838
LeBron James SF 30 UFA CLE CLE 2 $46,974,673 $23,487,337
Monta Ellis PG 29 UFA DAL IND 4 $43,981,000 $10,995,250
Danny Green SG 28 UFA SAS SAS 4 $40,000,000 $10,000,000
Iman Shumpert SF 25 RFA CLE CLE 4 $40,000,000 $10,000,000
Jae Crowder SF 25 RFA BOS BOS 5 $35,000,000 $7,000,000
Kosta Koufos C 26 UFA MEM SAC 4 $32,879,000 $8,219,750
Al-Farouq Aminu SF 24 UFA DAL POR 4 $30,000,000 $7,500,000
Cory Joseph PG 24 UFA SAS TOR 4 $29,890,000 $7,472,500
Amir Johnson PF 28 UFA TOR BOS 2 $24,000,000 $12,000,000
Corey Brewer SF 29 UFA HOU HOU 3 $23,420,913 $7,806,971
Patrick Beverley PG 27 RFA HOU HOU 4 $23,027,026 $5,756,757
Louis Williams SG 28 UFA TOR LAL 3 $21,000,017 $7,000,006
Rodney Stuckey PG 29 UFA IND IND 3 $21,000,000 $7,000,000
Dwyane Wade SG 33 UFA MIA MIA 1 $20,000,000 $20,000,000
holfresh

8/28/2015  11:40 AM
Lopez is 19% of the salary cap...Ridiculous...
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/28/2015  12:06 PM
holfresh wrote:Lopez is 19% of the salary cap...Ridiculous...

Why is that ridiculous? He's a very important cog in how this team is going to function. Whoever we paid to man that spot was going to be a key player and was going to get paid. If it was DeAndre, LMA or Monroe they surely would've been paid more. As it is, RoLo got paid a reasonable salary to provide this team with a defensive anchor and credible Low Post player in the Triangle. RoLo is sufficiently efficient scorer and a tough defender. He's a team player. He's No Frills. He's not the sexy pick but he can get the job done.

RoLo was off his game last year in an injury marred season for him and his team. RoLo in 2013-14 when he was healthy and played a complete season.

Hollinger Stats - Player Efficiency Rating - Qualified Centers
RK PLAYER GP MPG TS% AST TO USG ORR DRR REBR PER VA EWA
1 DeMarcus Cousins, SAC 71 32.4 .555 10.8 13.1 30.7 10.6 30.5 20.4 26.18 534.5 17.8
2 Brook Lopez, BKN 17 31.4 .629 4.9 8.7 24.1 8.8 14.1 11.5 25.50 118.6 4.0
3 Al Jefferson, CHA 73 35.0 .532 8.7 7.0 26.7 6.9 28.3 17.5 22.75 462.9 15.4
4 Andre Drummond, DET 81 32.3 .599 3.3 10.4 15.6 17.5 27.7 22.3 22.65 470.9 15.7
5 Al Horford, ATL 29 33.0 .588 12.7 10.7 22.7 8.0 21.4 14.8 22.08 164.2 5.5
6 Dwight Howard, HOU 71 33.7 .600 9.1 15.9 22.0 11.4 27.9 20.1 21.36 384.8 12.8
7 Nikola Pekovic, MIN 54 30.8 .582 5.3 8.9 21.1 13.1 17.6 15.3 20.72 251.2 8.4
8 Joakim Noah, CHI 80 35.3 .531 27.4 12.3 18.9 11.6 24.5 18.2 20.06 398.3 13.3
9 Jordan Hill, LAL 72 20.8 .579 7.4 10.3 17.6 13.8 24.3 19.0 19.39 176.6 5.9
10 Chris Bosh, MIA 79 32.0 .597 6.8 9.7 20.0 5.1 20.3 13.0 19.11 321.5 10.7

11 Andray Blatche, BKN 73 22.2 .532 11.3 11.1 23.4 8.9 19.9 14.4 18.85 199.2 6.6
Nikola Vucevic, ORL 57 31.8 .536 10.7 11.5 20.0 11.5 27.6 19.5 18.85 223.0 7.4
13 Marc Gasol, MEM 59 33.4 .526 18.8 9.7 21.2 5.0 20.5 12.7 18.27 225.4 7.5
14 DeAndre Jordan, LAC 82 35.0 .630 8.4 14.0 11.3 13.3 29.3 21.6 18.19 325.1 10.8
15 Greg Monroe, DET 82 32.8 .531 11.3 11.0 20.6 9.9 21.6 15.4 18.16 267.4 8.9
16 John Henson, MIL 70 26.5 .543 12.0 12.1 19.1 10.2 20.8 15.3 17.97 204.0 6.8
17 Robin Lopez, POR 82 31.8 .605 8.0 9.3 13.0 13.6 15.3 14.5 17.68 275.2 9.2
18 Marcin Gortat, WSH 81 32.8 .568 11.5 10.5 16.9 8.7 25.1 16.7 17.66 279.7 9.3
19 DeJuan Blair, DAL 78 15.6 .557 11.8 13.0 18.1 13.3 21.6 17.5 17.33 121.9 4.1
20 Andrew Bogut, GS 67 26.4 .610 18.3 15.8 11.9 11.4 29.7 20.7 17.11 171.8 5.7

21 Chris Kaman, LAL 39 18.9 .537 11.4 14.6 24.3 7.8 25.4 16.6 17.06 71.0 2.4
22 Anderson Varejao, CLE 65 27.7 .527 19.2 9.9 14.3 11.4 28.2 19.6 17.05 173.4 5.8
23 Samuel Dalembert, DAL 80 20.2 .605 6.7 15.9 13.5 14.4 24.2 19.4 16.88 151.3 5.0
24 Timofey Mozgov, DEN 82 21.6 .584 7.4 14.5 17.3 10.4 21.9 16.1 16.77 162.9 5.4
25 Gorgui Dieng, MIN 60 13.6 .534 10.8 15.0 15.8 13.4 26.9 20.0 16.58 73.0 2.4
26 Kosta Koufos, MEM 80 16.9 .514 6.4 11.1 18.0 14.0 22.7 18.4 16.54 119.6 4.0
27 Tyson Chandler, NY 55 30.2 .615 11.3 13.6 12.0 10.9 27.0 18.7 16.48 145.8 4.9
28 Jonas Valanciunas, TOR 81 28.2 .579 5.8 13.8 16.9 11.5 25.1 18.2 16.17 189.6 6.3

dk7th
USA
8/28/2015  12:09 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Who is going to give up 40 mil of earnings in the prime of the earning career??..On probably the last big contract of their career..Come on..You have a prob with Melo's money but not the wrong Lopez's money??..Gallo is making 17 mil per...

lets say melo did.... what would you think of melo then?

can't you answer this question??

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/28/2015  12:17 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

He would be a pioneer. The first max guy in his prime and at a point in the cba where he can get paid that took less prior to hitting 35 all while playing for a team in a state/city income tax . He also would be the first guy to do it on a team that was very far from being a contender at any age.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
USA
8/28/2015  12:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

He would be a pioneer. The first max guy in his prime and at a point in the cba where he can get paid that took less prior to hitting 35 all while playing for a team in a state/city income tax . He also would be the first guy to do it on a team that was very far from being a contender at any age.

that wasn't the question. i did not ask what he would be i asked how you would feel if he had done so.

CrushAlot
USA
8/28/2015  12:47 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

that wasn't the question. i did not ask what he would be i asked how you would feel if he had done so.

I would think he was naive and giving up some of his best years(both in terms of cba earning potential and his on court ability) to play in a rebuilding situation where state and city income taxes already compromise his earnings. However, if he took significantly less as a max guy in his prime, under 35, he would be the first to do it and would be a pioneer. The fact that he would be in a rebuilding situation in a state/city where he has to pay income tax to both would also be a first as his income earning potential is already compromised. I also think the players association would frown upon it as being a bad move for their bargaining unit.
dk7th
USA
8/28/2015  1:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

I would think he was naive and giving up some of his best years(both in terms of cba earning potential and his on court ability) to play in a rebuilding situation where state and city income taxes already compromise his earnings. However, if he took significantly less as a max guy in his prime, under 35, he would be the first to do it and would be a pioneer. The fact that he would be in a rebuilding situation in a state/city where he has to pay income tax to both would also be a first as his income earning potential is already compromised. I also think the players association would frown upon it as being a bad move for their bargaining unit.

naive? k

CrushAlot
USA
8/28/2015  1:07 PM
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

naive? k

When I say naive, I mean he would have to be sold a bill of goods by Phil to play in a rebuilding situation, pay more taxes and make less.
dk7th
USA
8/28/2015  1:39 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

naive? k

When I say naive, I mean he would have to be sold a bill of goods by Phil to play in a rebuilding situation, pay more taxes and make less.

and what would you have felt had he gone to chicago and made essentially the same amount as a significant paycut in new york?

holfresh

8/28/2015  2:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/28/2015  2:03 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Strange question..I don't think about Melo's money..I wouldn't care or think anything of him...If he wants to do Phil a solid, he wants to do Phil a solid..
dk7th
USA
8/28/2015  3:16 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Strange question..I don't think about Melo's money..I wouldn't care or think anything of him...If he wants to do Phil a solid, he wants to do Phil a solid..

compartmentalization is the sign of mental illness. you need to have your head examined.

holfresh

8/28/2015  3:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/28/2015  3:28 PM
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:

compartmentalization is the sign of mental illness. you need to have your head examined.

My point of view is that Melo is being paid around what a player of his ilk is paid...2 mil here or there isn't an issue...If Melo asked for and received 30 mil then I have issues...Dude brings it to the court, to the seats, and to the tube...It's a business first..Pay the man...Because, Dolan is getting paid, Phil is getting paid and Fisher is getting paid..

The wrong Lopez isn't brining it...13 mil per is well overpaid given his production...I wouldn't pay him over 7/8 mil but that's just me...

Article: It is time we respect Carmelo Anthony

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy