KMart to Denver Looks Likely
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
7/14/2004  1:26 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1838982

The Nuggets have included an insane $15M signing bonus in their 6-yr., $82.3 million contract. With the Nets strapped for cash as it is, this is like giving KMart a $97M contract, something the Nets probably can't give up.

They know they have Jefferson coming up next year, do they plan on maxing him out too? I'd get what you can for KMart, trade Kidd, and rebuild with Jefferson.

Crazy contract.

If the Nets lose KMart I really can't see them doing much more than .500. Rumor has it to make up for the KMart loss they'd trade Kittles and Aaron Williams to Portland for Abdur-Rahim, which makes their team even thinner.

PG: Kidd, Planinic
SG: Harris
SF: Jefferson, Scalabrine
PF: Abdur-Rahim
C: Collins, Kristic

That'd be all they have under contract for next year, and I threw in Kristic b/c he will apparently come over. I don't think that team's very good.

Denver will be very, very tough to be at home. Going into that arena with the altitude, it's tough to keep up. Put Boykins, Lenard, Melo, KMart, Nene out there and you'll just get smoked. That's a super-athletic team.

Anyway, let's just keep our fingers crossed for this Crawford deal to finally go through and for the Nets to lose KMart. Dampier, Carter, and Walker (I don't even want the last two) are all long-shots at this point, if the Knicks go into the season with the deep squad they'd probably have, they could be in really good shape in the East.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
KMart to Denver Looks Likely

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy