[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo assembles half of the team to work out in Puerto Rico
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/23/2015  12:50 PM

On a side note, Seraphin seems pumped up about being a Knick.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
8/23/2015  7:14 PM
Seraphin has eyes on that center position. He knows he'll have a chance to play alot of it.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/23/2015  10:19 PM
Good for Melo to do this. Not sure why it was half the team? Mayb the others just didn't go. Like to see team spending time together
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
blkexec
Member: #748
8/24/2015  12:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/24/2015  12:38 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Good for Melo to do this. Not sure why it was half the team? Mayb the others just didn't go. Like to see team spending time together

We did this before, with our work basketball league. And it was a decision between myself and the coach / player on the team to make sure we get some of the key players together and make sure we all bond. Eventhough it wasn't the entire team, it gave us a huge advantage during the season.....And I think we won like 3 out of 4 championships following this strategy.

You will never get 100% buy in.....But as long as most of the team is on the same page, and building chemistry.....It will spread to the rest of the players.

Melo is maturing in front of our eyes. And it usually happens in your late 20's to 30's.....Because you still have your physical tools, to lead by example....And usually people will follow. Now Melo is learning how to be more vocal as well, so it's only going to help. I think we are only 1 or 2 good moves away from having a championship team. But this year will be the biggest test! We have to have a solid foundation and figure out what works best for this group. I like our SL offensive strategy and hope we continue to tweek the offense based on our skill set, and not the other way around.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/24/2015  6:37 PM
blkexec wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:Good for Melo to do this. Not sure why it was half the team? Mayb the others just didn't go. Like to see team spending time together

We did this before, with our work basketball league. And it was a decision between myself and the coach / player on the team to make sure we get some of the key players together and make sure we all bond. Eventhough it wasn't the entire team, it gave us a huge advantage during the season.....And I think we won like 3 out of 4 championships following this strategy.

You will never get 100% buy in.....But as long as most of the team is on the same page, and building chemistry.....It will spread to the rest of the players.

Melo is maturing in front of our eyes. And it usually happens in your late 20's to 30's.....Because you still have your physical tools, to lead by example....And usually people will follow. Now Melo is learning how to be more vocal as well, so it's only going to help. I think we are only 1 or 2 good moves away from having a championship team. But this year will be the biggest test! We have to have a solid foundation and figure out what works best for this group. I like our SL offensive strategy and hope we continue to tweek the offense based on our skill set, and not the other way around.

Look man I am happy he is showing some leadership, but I want to see it in real time on court and it comes with sacrificing his 27 shots a game and checking that down to a reasonable number. Then we can project into the future. Till then let's hold off on singing kumbayah. The first criteria for leadership is consistency, second is unselfish behavior. Melo has along way to go on both counts. We will see how this plays out.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
8/24/2015  6:46 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Look man I am happy he is showing some leadership, but I want to see it in real time on court and it comes with sacrificing his 27 shots a game and checking that down to a reasonable number. Then we can project into the future. Till then let's hold off on singing kumbayah. The first criteria for leadership is consistency, second is unselfish behavior. Melo has along way to go on both counts. We will see how this plays out.

Not to be defending Melo as he really dont need it, he's been consistent in bringing players to PR with him and with the bums he's shared the court with here, perhaps he should have taken those 27 shots thats he never averaged here or anywhere. Just think about it for a second, Samuel Dalembert took jumpshots last year with Melo on the court. Something is not right there.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/25/2015  10:40 AM
knickscity wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Not to be defending Melo as he really dont need it, he's been consistent in bringing players to PR with him and with the bums he's shared the court with here, perhaps he should have taken those 27 shots thats he never averaged here or anywhere. Just think about it for a second, Samuel Dalembert took jumpshots last year with Melo on the court. Something is not right there.

yeah, I can't imagine the dimes melo could have racked up if he had just passed more to... Fishlips....or Landry Fields...or Toney Douglas....or JKidd's corpse.... Why would a HOF scorer not pass up jumpshots for the likes of that?

KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
8/26/2015  7:34 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
blkexec wrote:

Melo has no problem taking less shots as long as the players around him make their open shots. With the scrubs that we had here recently, of course Melo would rather take his chances shooting 27 shots than letting these other bums take those shots instead. Dont you remember that Spurs game from 2012 when Melo made himself a decoy by attracting attention and looked to hit his open teammates instead:

Put guys around him that can hit shots when open and you dont have to worry about that.

I bleed orange and blue for life.
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

8/26/2015  8:04 PM
sure. melo averaged like 10 assists per game when he played with good players. oh wait ...
so here is what phil is thinking ....
CrushAlot
USA
8/26/2015  8:59 PM
mreinman wrote:sure. melo averaged like 10 assists per game when he played with good players. oh wait ...
Just posted this in the other thread. Melo's lowest assist numbers in a season as a knick was the 54 win season.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/26/2015  9:07 PM
Melo doesn't have to turn into Magic Johnson for this team to win. This team's biggest issue has been that the team wasn't productive outside of Melo for too much of his tenure here. The only time that the team really was productive around him was the 54 win season and at the end that help faded away. What Phil is doing now is putting a team around Melo that should be able to be productive thru 82 games or more. It's a younger and more rugged group and hopefully they can maintain a good level of play over the next few seasons.
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
8/27/2015  11:54 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
mreinman wrote:sure. melo averaged like 10 assists per game when he played with good players. oh wait ...
Just posted this in the other thread. Melo's lowest assist numbers in a season as a knick was the 54 win season.

Stop posting this, they played with 2 point guards in the backcourt that season silly!

They moved the ball to the open 3 pt shooter and set franchise records in makes and attempts from 3 the 54 win season...

CrushAlot
USA
8/27/2015  2:19 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Stop posting this, they played with 2 point guards in the backcourt that season silly!

They moved the ball to the open 3 pt shooter and set franchise records in makes and attempts from 3 the 54 win season...

Last year he played with Shane. Melo can't do it all but he can flat out score and he is a good rebounder. Hopefully a healthy Jose and Grant can be more effective at the point.
If I had to single one guy out who is the most difficult player to guard in the league, it would have to be Carmelo. He’s a unique blend of being big, strong, and athletic while also having a world-class shooting touch and a natural ability to get to the rim. That’s what sets him apart — every facet of his game is elite.

Some great players will have one or two particular skills that make them special. But Carmelo can do everything, which puts you in a baaad situation as a defender. A lot of guys might shoot better from certain areas, so you try to force them elsewhere on the floor. Carmelo doesn’t have a spot on the floor where he can’t consistently hit shots.

In my opinion, his combination of physicality and shooting touch is unmatched in the NBA. You can’t take one second off when you’re matched up against him.

Kobe is one of the best scorers in NBA history, but I don’t have as much trouble with him in the post as I do with Carmelo. LeBron is a great post-up player, but if you get him to settle for the jumper on some nights, you might be able to slow him down if his shot is off. That’s not the case with Melo. If you give him space to shoot, he’ll make it many more times than he misses it.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/paul-pierce-five-toughest-players-ive-ever-guarded/
mreinman

8/27/2015  2:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Last year he played with Shane. Melo can't do it all but he can flat out score and he is a good rebounder. Hopefully a healthy Jose and Grant can be more effective at the point.
If I had to single one guy out who is the most difficult player to guard in the league, it would have to be Carmelo. He’s a unique blend of being big, strong, and athletic while also having a world-class shooting touch and a natural ability to get to the rim. That’s what sets him apart — every facet of his game is elite.

Some great players will have one or two particular skills that make them special. But Carmelo can do everything, which puts you in a baaad situation as a defender. A lot of guys might shoot better from certain areas, so you try to force them elsewhere on the floor. Carmelo doesn’t have a spot on the floor where he can’t consistently hit shots.

In my opinion, his combination of physicality and shooting touch is unmatched in the NBA. You can’t take one second off when you’re matched up against him.

Kobe is one of the best scorers in NBA history, but I don’t have as much trouble with him in the post as I do with Carmelo. LeBron is a great post-up player, but if you get him to settle for the jumper on some nights, you might be able to slow him down if his shot is off. That’s not the case with Melo. If you give him space to shoot, he’ll make it many more times than he misses it.

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/paul-pierce-five-toughest-players-ive-ever-guarded/

you are a smart guy and not completely blinded by melo love.

I am sure that you can see that his chucking and lack of passing really holds him back from being truly elite.

no need for excuses, we all would just like to see him play smarter and less selfish.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/27/2015  2:56 PM
Some think he resigned for the money.
some think he resigned for the money and be under PHil and Co. and be a better player in the triangle.
mreinman

8/27/2015  2:58 PM
Nalod wrote:Some think he resigned for the money.
some think he resigned for the money and be under PHil and Co. and be a better player in the triangle.

no way that he resigned for the money

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/28/2015  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/28/2015  12:53 PM

Just saw this:

and this:

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
8/28/2015  12:53 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:

Just saw this:

Yeah they were in some of the pictures but I am not sure if they were there the first day. Maybe some guys could only go for just one day.
Melo assembles half of the team to work out in Puerto Rico

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy