Boozer: I never made a verbal agreement w/ Cavs
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/13/2004  6:52 PM
From the realgm wiretap:

"I didn't make a prior agreement. And if I did, I would've stayed here," Boozer said. "For them [Cavaliers] taking shots at my character is incredibly wrong, and I don't understand that. I thought I had a great relationship with them. Maybe they're trying to save face or trying to make up stuff and kill my character. And if that's the road they want to take, that's OK."

Everything was apparently fine when Cavs management met with Boozer, his wife CeCe and agent Rob Pelinka on June 30. These were friendlier times, when the two sides were prepared to talk about Boozer's future with the organization. The only thing that is clear about this meeting is that the Cavs decided not to pick up the option on the last year of Boozer's contract, which was worth about $700,000. This is where things get cloudy.

"I assumed they were going to pick up my option and work something out for the long term, but they went another route," Boozer said. "I was shocked that they didn't pick up my option. I left the meeting excited because this meant that I was going to get a long-term contract."

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 07/13/2004 18:57:26]
AUTOADVERT
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
7/13/2004  7:01 PM
Good news for us. Demand for Kurt Thomas just spiked.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/13/2004  7:07 PM

So Boozer really won't come back. Then the Cavs will still be interested in dealing Big Z. NY is still in the hunt to trade KT and other players for him, what would be a good deal because he is a big real center and is also an expiring contract. I really wonder if the Crawford deal is still alive...
Knicks_Fan
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/13/2004  7:24 PM
We'll never know what the true facts are.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/13/2004  7:35 PM
Posted by Rich:

We'll never know what the true facts are.

And it won't be forgotten. Boozer will have to carry the tag of being bamboozler. Same with the agent, even though he already resigned. The Cavs now take a step backwards as a team. And who knows if someone will learn from this and not fall on the same mistake.

It was an ugly situation, and no one will forget.
Knicks_Fan
Boozer: I never made a verbal agreement w/ Cavs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy