[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should Ariza have been the 1st overall pick in the draft?
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/13/2004  11:07 PM
Posted by martin:

haven't seen Ariza play yet, but is he a poor man's Richard Jefferson at this point? Lots of athletic ability and who just needs to work on his shot?

Or is he more in the mold of Scottie Pippen... a Point Small Forward?
Ariza is nothing like Richardson; Ariza can actually play defense
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/13/2004  11:15 PM
He just gets better and better by the minute!

He is the next Mike! We should extend his contract!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
7/13/2004  11:16 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by martin:

haven't seen Ariza play yet, but is he a poor man's Richard Jefferson at this point? Lots of athletic ability and who just needs to work on his shot?

Or is he more in the mold of Scottie Pippen... a Point Small Forward?
Ariza is nothing like Richardson; Ariza can actually play defense

Talented... And plays defense... Ouhhh Yeah!
Knicks_Fan
EWING33BXNY
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #625
USA
7/14/2004  11:58 AM
You guys need to relax witht he comparisons. He is mainly playing against guys undrafted or picked out of the RUCKER.

I don't know if you guys remember but I think John Wallace teared up the summer league one year.
iGotNext
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #592
USA
7/14/2004  2:49 PM
NO! But he may have gone in the lottery with some more seasoning. I think this kid is good. It is a pleasant surprise to see his skills against summer league comp. It is exciting to have a youth movement going on while we still maintiain the competetiveness of a playoff contender. What this pick shows us Knick fans is that we have some guys with Bball IQ running things in Gotham now. Lets see what else we can add to the mix. Go KNICKS!
I have a new name for my beloved Brickerbockers, the "Apple turnovers"
Knicksfan
USA
7/14/2004  3:07 PM
Posted by iGotNext:

What this pick shows us Knick fans is that we have some guys with Bball IQ running things in Gotham now. Lets see what else we can add to the mix. Go KNICKS!

Yeah, do you remember that in some seasons we had good first and second round picks and our selections were just pretty bad? They aren't in the NBA anymore. Layden did a nice job selecting Sweetney and Frank, though. Anyway, Isiah has been doing his homeworks very good so far. Lets hope he keeps it up.
Knicks_Fan
TheSage
Member: #386
7/14/2004  3:39 PM
I saw the kid play, he's long with great body control and athleticism and makes some plays that make one say "Wow" but before people start casting their Hall of Fame ballots remember that the knx once drafted a long athletic kid from Syracuse abbout whom the same things could have been said-his name "John Wallace."
iGotNext
Member: #592
USA
7/14/2004  4:41 PM
knicksfan you are absolutely right about Sweets and Willie. I hope we keep them both.

I do remember Wallace. How bout Lavar Postell =)

Hey we're in a much better place than we were a year ago. Although I have to admit as a diehard Knicks fan, I get excited every year when I think our talent has improved. Gotta give it to Zeke though. He's tough. I'd like to see that rub off on the team in general.

GO KNICKS
I have a new name for my beloved Brickerbockers, the "Apple turnovers"
Knicksfan
USA
7/14/2004  5:27 PM
Posted by iGotNext:

knicksfan you are absolutely right about Sweets and Willie. I hope we keep them both.

I do remember Wallace. How bout Lavar Postell =)

Hey we're in a much better place than we were a year ago. Although I have to admit as a diehard Knicks fan, I get excited every year when I think our talent has improved. Gotta give it to Zeke though. He's tough. I'd like to see that rub off on the team in general.

GO KNICKS

Lol, yeah, Lavar Postell was kind of like Demarr Johnson now. I remember he had a nice 20 pts. game and the fans where talking about how he was our guard for the future and that he needed more time. I also remember someone else, I think his name was Pete Mikeal or something like that (I don't really remember), and he was supposed to be a very good defensive player with a chance. The rooks always seem to impress the team's fans, lets see which ones stick around. I hope this time Ariza stays and becomes a good player.

Zeke has done a nice job so far. Lets hope he keeps getting NY better.

[Edited by - KnicksFan on 07/14/2004 17:41:53]
Knicks_Fan
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/14/2004  5:48 PM
Sure the worst case scenario is that he becomes another John Wallace (impressive in summer league and useless in the NBA). I find it puzzling that the worst case scenario is also the first scenario that comes to mind for some people.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/14/2004  6:16 PM
poor john wallace!

I don't remember his summer league play- but he's a nice role player to have on a team - a little bit like Walter McCarty who we also drafted amd has had a nice role on the celtics.

Hey, Ariza will likely be a better player than Shandon Anderson, and I have yet to seem him play!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/14/2004  9:01 PM
Posted by EWING33BXNY:

You guys need to relax witht he comparisons. He is mainly playing against guys undrafted or picked out of the RUCKER.

I don't know if you guys remember but I think John Wallace teared up the summer league one year.

you are wrong here, against the lakers, Brain cook and luke walton played good minutes in the NBA finals, vujacic played pros in the italian league and was a first round pick, so to say that ariza did this VS undrafted scrubs is not true...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
simrud
Member: #474
USA
7/14/2004  9:54 PM
What everbody should realzie about the summer leagues is taht we are not the only team with prospects playing. Other teams are fielding undrafted guys, past rooks, some vets from other leags looking for a chance, etc. Its not like these gusy are just picked up from the playground and can't ball at all. They are all professional players. The competiton is not NBA but its not a cakewalk either. Especially considering that the comparative talent of a late 2nd round pick is not all that much grater then a CBAers.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Knicksfan
USA
7/14/2004  10:45 PM
No need for now's. Just show me potential and Im happy.
Knicks_Fan
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/14/2004  11:18 PM
Most posters are just saying the guy has talent...to put up the performances this guy has, it takes talent...he's not an NBA all-star, but this kid is proving he can play...There is a difference between Wallace and Ariza. Wallace was hugely hyped coming out of college...I still remember the dunk he threw down in his very first NBA game. Wallace also never developed hid game. This may or may not happen with Trev, but I think a Wallace comparison is a little off....Wallace was a legit 6-10 PF that was compared to Derrick Coleman when he first came out, a versatile big man who could put it on the floor, post, and maybe defend a little (although this was not his strength). By most accounts Trev is an undersized (weight wise) wingman whose game is on the perimeter...I could be wrong, and I haven't seen many summer games, but ,most people are talkin about him in this way....I think the last guy I would compare Trev to is Derrick Coleman
~You can't run from who you are.~
Should Ariza have been the 1st overall pick in the draft?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy