[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

there is no doubt in my mind that the way i would change things is through the draft
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/13/2004  3:04 PM
if there is a trade or a FA that made absolute concrete sense, of course. But building up chips like ariza williams sweetney through the draft-- to me is the smartest way to go.

do i want to do ninety things to get antoine walker and then pay him 50 mm over 5 years? NO!--in what position PF??? sorry id like to start Mike Sweetney NOW---- cant we just sit back and try to sign Jamal Crawford? maybe it works? maybe im blind and they just hate him-they are around him every day and no one offered him big dollars right? I mean Pheonix couldve got him for 5 years 40 mm and saved 25mm but liked a player who is 6 years older. i dont see a team who is looking to dump contracts taking back sht like andersen and norris--thats the whole idea of the trade right? thats why the media is so full of S.
The one thing that I can see problems with is Crawford really holds the ball but so does marbury. And, atleast to me, I see crawfords value as a 1 who can play 2.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
7/13/2004  3:57 PM
Zeke likes the idea of Marbury/Crawford because they can both handle the ball AND score. Houston can only score.

The NBA draft is too much of a crap shoot to build through, ask the Clippers. What Isaiah has done is embrace the fact that they will be over the cap until Houston's ridiculous deal is done, but he will not concede that they can't improve the team given that reality.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
7/13/2004  4:29 PM
If we can't get the crawford deal done then I want to see us go heavy after swift, I know he is young and maybe not ready yet, but I want to see Ariza get more time in regular season play, the kid if anything will give the knicks another long athletic player who can play D, handle the ball and finish. I think Ariza can do those things now, he is a skilled player and eventhough his shot is not there yet, he can contribute, I think developing guys like Ariza, Barrett, Williams and sweetney along with dermarr will serve the knicks better in the long run, which may not be that long of a wait...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
PhilinLA
Member: #696
7/13/2004  4:33 PM
We're gonna get Crawford and more.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
RonRon
Member: #246
7/13/2004  4:46 PM
briggs point is saying it would be nice to have another pg that can play some sg but at this point shouldnt we focus on upgrading other positions before giving up a pretty large contract to crawford.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/13/2004  5:10 PM
I would prefer building through the draft, but Isiah is not going to do it, especially while the team is hamstrung by the cap while Houston is under contract. It's a moot point.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/13/2004  6:53 PM
Rebuild through the draft? Are you the Bulls GM?
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/13/2004  7:37 PM
O agree we should focus more on the draft, but not completely rebuild through it. That's how the Clippers and Bulls and Warriors turn out to be the way they are. We need to have the right mix of veterans and youthful players, in order to be a contender.

I totally agree about Briggs point about Jamal Crawford though. There's a reason why the Bulls have been desperate to get rid of him for quite some time. There is a reason they drafted Ben Gordon, Kirk Heinrich AND Jason Williams, while he was around. And there is a reason they would even consider giving their junk and taking back even worse junk and ANOTHER POINT GUARD to get rid of him. Find it interested that they would rather have Frank Williams ahead of him?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/13/2004  9:25 PM
The reason the Bulls are trying to get rid of Jamal is that they're stupid. It's the same reason why they traded Elton Brand for a high school kid.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/13/2004  9:26 PM
And a reason why they traded Ron Artest and Brad Miller for Jalen Rose.

They don't make the smartest moves.
#Knickstaps
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/13/2004  11:57 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:

The reason the Bulls are trying to get rid of Jamal is that they're stupid. It's the same reason why they traded Elton Brand for a high school kid.

I believe that was with Jerry Kraus running the show. Same with Artest.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
there is no doubt in my mind that the way i would change things is through the draft

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy