[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Nuggets expected to waive Kostas
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/1/2015  3:34 PM
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/08/nuggets-expected-to-waive-kostas-papanikolaou.html
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

8/1/2015  3:42 PM
pick up this guy for mini deal!!
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
smackeddog
Member: #883
8/1/2015  4:52 PM
We drafted him, time to bring him back home!
smackeddog
8/1/2015  4:54 PM
I think he will probably be picked up off waivers by some trash team like the Sixers
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/1/2015  4:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:I think he will probably be picked up off waivers by some trash team like the Sixers

Not some elite team, like the knicks?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

8/1/2015  5:00 PM
He looked like a solid bench guy for Houston earlier in the season. Did he lose his confidence? He's tough, but his shooting is suspect.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
smackeddog
8/1/2015  5:11 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:I think he will probably be picked up off waivers by some trash team like the Sixers

Not some elite team, like the knicks?

Unfortunately not- being an elite team like the Knicks sometimes has its disadvantages

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

8/1/2015  5:12 PM
What you guys don't understand is that Phil doesn't need guys like Papa or any other players that could be pick up off waivers that's why he spent cap space on Louis and Lance because Phil sees the bigger picture unlike some posters. It's all about the long vision.

smh.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/1/2015  7:39 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:What you guys don't understand is that Phil doesn't need guys like Papa or any other players that could be pick up off waivers that's why he spent cap space on Louis and Lance because Phil sees the bigger picture unlike some posters. It's all about the long vision.

smh.

Agreed. What a ****-up. If only he held onto the 2.8M exception...

CrushAlot
USA
8/1/2015  9:26 PM
Marks adds that Milwaukee, Minnesota, Cleveland and Golden State have trade exceptions while Philadelphia and Portland have the cap space to claim the forward’s salary, which is worth slightly less than $4.8MM.

Here’s more from the Northwest Division:
•If claimed, the 24-year-old’s contract will become guaranteed should he remain on the roster past October 4th. Any team that claims Papanikolaou off waivers cannot trade him until the 30th day of the regular season, as Marks notes on Twitter. With the season set to kick-off on October 27th, claiming the forward will not provide a potential suitor with the same type of valuable trade chip that the Nuggets previously possessed.

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/08/northwest-notes-nuggets-papanikolaou-jazz.html
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

8/1/2015  11:41 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:He looked like a solid bench guy for Houston earlier in the season. Did he lose his confidence? He's tough, but his shooting is suspect.

Surprised about his shooting, too- thought he had been a decent shooter overseas- the stats show that he has been up and down from the 3pt line, though.

Not a bad all around player- better at the non-shooting aspects of the game than I had expected. He had some moments with Houston, but even then his shooting was sub-par.

I know he got hurt during the year...can't remember the injury.

Can't get too upset over a guy who never stepped on the court for us, but I would have liked to have seen him with us to make a better judgement of his talent.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
USA
8/2/2015  12:34 AM
If he clears waivers he would be a fantastic signing.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

8/2/2015  1:58 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:He looked like a solid bench guy for Houston earlier in the season. Did he lose his confidence? He's tough, but his shooting is suspect.

Surprised about his shooting, too- thought he had been a decent shooter overseas- the stats show that he has been up and down from the 3pt line, though.

Not a bad all around player- better at the non-shooting aspects of the game than I had expected. He had some moments with Houston, but even then his shooting was sub-par.

I know he got hurt during the year...can't remember the injury.

Can't get too upset over a guy who never stepped on the court for us, but I would have liked to have seen him with us to make a better judgement of his talent.

In terms of shooting he was probably touching the ball much more in Europe. In Houston he was probably standing in a corner waiting for harden to create something. Many people can't play that game - they require active participation (touches) in order to maintain a feel for their shot.

I think this guy fits better in a more motion type offense like ours and one skill he does have is getting into the paint and passing the ball.

smackeddog
8/2/2015  3:24 AM

He played well for Houston (better than his numbers suggested) in the first half of the season. However once they landed Josh Smith, his playing time evaporated- may also have hit the rookie wall. Really don't see him clearing waivers.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/2/2015  4:26 AM
Would be surprised if he clears waivers too. I'm surprised he's even being waived. He's a fantastic player but like others say he would be better suited for a team that plays more of a team game.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
8/2/2015  6:32 AM
CrushAlot wrote:If he clears waivers he would be a fantastic signing.

We are under the cap and had the 3rd worst record. Doesn't that mean that only Phili and Minnesota are ahead of us or does it work differently.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
CrushAlot
USA
8/2/2015  8:54 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:

We are under the cap and had the 3rd worst record. Doesn't that mean that only Phili and Minnesota are ahead of us or does it work differently.

I don't think the Knicks can absorb his deal because it is for 4.8 million.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/2/2015  9:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/2/2015  9:15 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:

Philly had 18 wins. We had 17. Draw any conclusion you want. Even if its make believe.

Regarding Kostas or any other player: I'd say there is a rhyme and reason to most of what teams do. Piling on players based on former draft position or "He's better than Lou" is not how to make a team. Maybe he don't fit in Houston and maybe he wants to go overseas for lucrative deal. I don't know, but I'm not gonna pretend we can just keep adding names and thats how you build.

If Phisll's really want him, well get him.

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
8/2/2015  10:43 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

But if he is waived there is no deal to absorb. Look at Josh Smith last year, he signed for the minimum(?) in Houston and they didn't have (much) space.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
CrushAlot
USA
8/2/2015  10:47 AM
earthmansurfer wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

But if he is waived there is no deal to absorb. Look at Josh Smith last year, he signed for the minimum(?) in Houston and they didn't have (much) space.

If he clears waivers the Knicks can sign him.
Nuggets expected to waive Kostas

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy