Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/4/2015  3:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/4/2015  3:27 PM
Papabear wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Hate can be such a terrible thing.

Unwarranted love might be worst though.

Papabear Says

Where is that center now? It seems his worth droped. He didn't make the top 25

you can't argue intelligently with hate. By the way, that is from the second round of the playoffs, right?

When did we get there last? I forget.

AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
USA
8/4/2015  3:32 PM
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Papabear wrote:
Papabear Says

He sounds Like the 7th. The profile is the same right down to the vocabulary . Did I spell it right?

Some of this stuff is pretty bizarre.

Sorry Mr. Bear...I am not now, nor have I ever been, "the 7th."

Quite hurt about your vocabulary comparison...no insult implied to "the 7th," of course.

Funny- I look through RealGM now and then, and there are always cultish group of fanboys who go to the extreme to defend their chosen ones. This is true no matter what team forum you go to. There are some on this forum, but it is not as bad.

Anthony is a frustrating player to root for, unfortunately. In some ways seems much more interested in being a personality or celebrity than a player- and perhaps this will be more evident as his skills decline.

I think Carmelo's insistence on being in the All-Star Game was a turning point for Phil Jackson, who had just overpaid for his services at the contract table.

I'm not sure I'm incorrect in saying that we are in the midst of an organizational "struggle" for the soul of the team, pitting Jackson and Fisher against Melo, and possibly, Dolan. I'm not going to recap everything he's said, but the truth is evident if you read everything Jackson has said, starting from the time before the draft.

Phil has seemingly gained the upper hand by trading away Melo's posse, adding the kind of FA players Anthony might not have wanted, and drafting KP over Melo's protege, Winslow.

Should be interesting to see how Anthony responds in training camp and on the court. Hopefully he got the message Phil sent him and rises to the occasion.

As there are those cultish groups who try to lay everything that occurs surrounding the Knicks at Melo's feet..Like Winslow declaring his brand will do well in NY or big name free agents not signing on with the Knicks...

And in the second highlighted sentence, is it the case that you have no evidence of this claim of Melo wanting to be a celebrity more than a player so you have to wait until he stops putting up the good numbers or stop playing well for you to better assess this proclamation...Because right now, his play outshines the celebrity claim...

Have it ever occurred to you that Melo played in the all star games because contractually, it means more to him financially with regards to his endorsements. i.e. his shoe contract??..Or maybe you feel that should not matter???

There is no doubt that much of this team's success or failure rests on Anthony, and that is what any "star" should believe.

The celebrity comment was opinion, of course, but I do see it as true- much more so in a web based digital and social media world.

I do believe that I am right about the Melo/Winslow thing, more than coincidence, but again this is a conclusion based on things read without personal knowledge.

Back to the the All-Star game.

Lets go hypothetical... If it was the case that Anthony risked further injury to his knee by continuing to play as long as he did last year so that he could be in the All-Star exhibition- would you still feel the same way about him getting his extra shoe contract money if it meant that he would not be able to play until January 2016?

I see it completely differently...The success of the season rest on everyone not named Anthony, that includes Fisher and Phil..He is the constant, and you know what you get from him..Everyone else is a variable..It's the lack of talent around him that tell you whether or not the team will be successful...

Regarding his knee, it was established by the doctors that he didn't risk any further damage when he continued to play regular games, well before the all star game..I thought that was a known fact..JR Smith had a similar injury and played in the playoffs..The issue was whether or not he would have enough time to rehab before the next season started..Clearly not an issue..

it's a team game and the highest-paid player should ask to be paid in proportion to his ability to make his teammates better. and under the present salary cap conditions, there have been some more-successful players who do in fact make their teammates better than anthony ever has and ever will... who have taken less money to have a better chance of assembling a team with better players and achieve greater success.

you are clearly the worst sort of basketball fan. you clearly have never been coached, or you have never been coached properly. you think basketball is five one-on-one games, and this is manifest by your being predisposed to liking one-on-one players. moreover, you have a greedy, money grubbing attitude that shows horrid values. lastly, you think scoring is the most important way of reflecting the value of a player.

money asisde, and at the end of the day, there are russellians and chamberlainists. you are clearly the latter.

hahahahahaahahahahahaha..

Laughter especially apropros in this case, since Russell demanded to be paid more than Chamberlain at one point in his career.
And I'm a Russellite.

Continue to flout the man, and not his stat line or the bs, one-trick pony players he's had since he's been here.

ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
8/4/2015  3:33 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Papabear wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Papabear Says

you can't argue intelligently with hate. By the way, that is from the second round of the playoffs, right?

Last time we were there, the dead veteran carcasses of Kidd, Camby, Kurt Thomas, and KMart propelled Melo to his greatest heights as a Knicks, only for Me7o to get traded 2 seasons later once Phil finally got his rebuild plan in motion.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
8/4/2015  4:42 PM
jrodmc wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Papabear wrote:
Papabear Says

He sounds Like the 7th. The profile is the same right down to the vocabulary . Did I spell it right?

Quite hurt about your vocabulary comparison...no insult implied to "the 7th," of course.

Funny- I look through RealGM now and then, and there are always cultish group of fanboys who go to the extreme to defend their chosen ones. This is true no matter what team forum you go to. There are some on this forum, but it is not as bad.

Anthony is a frustrating player to root for, unfortunately. In some ways seems much more interested in being a personality or celebrity than a player- and perhaps this will be more evident as his skills decline.

I think Carmelo's insistence on being in the All-Star Game was a turning point for Phil Jackson, who had just overpaid for his services at the contract table.

I'm not sure I'm incorrect in saying that we are in the midst of an organizational "struggle" for the soul of the team, pitting Jackson and Fisher against Melo, and possibly, Dolan. I'm not going to recap everything he's said, but the truth is evident if you read everything Jackson has said, starting from the time before the draft.

Phil has seemingly gained the upper hand by trading away Melo's posse, adding the kind of FA players Anthony might not have wanted, and drafting KP over Melo's protege, Winslow.

Should be interesting to see how Anthony responds in training camp and on the court. Hopefully he got the message Phil sent him and rises to the occasion.

As there are those cultish groups who try to lay everything that occurs surrounding the Knicks at Melo's feet..Like Winslow declaring his brand will do well in NY or big name free agents not signing on with the Knicks...

And in the second highlighted sentence, is it the case that you have no evidence of this claim of Melo wanting to be a celebrity more than a player so you have to wait until he stops putting up the good numbers or stop playing well for you to better assess this proclamation...Because right now, his play outshines the celebrity claim...

Have it ever occurred to you that Melo played in the all star games because contractually, it means more to him financially with regards to his endorsements. i.e. his shoe contract??..Or maybe you feel that should not matter???

There is no doubt that much of this team's success or failure rests on Anthony, and that is what any "star" should believe.

The celebrity comment was opinion, of course, but I do see it as true- much more so in a web based digital and social media world.

I do believe that I am right about the Melo/Winslow thing, more than coincidence, but again this is a conclusion based on things read without personal knowledge.

Lets go hypothetical... If it was the case that Anthony risked further injury to his knee by continuing to play as long as he did last year so that he could be in the All-Star exhibition- would you still feel the same way about him getting his extra shoe contract money if it meant that he would not be able to play until January 2016?

I see it completely differently...The success of the season rest on everyone not named Anthony, that includes Fisher and Phil..He is the constant, and you know what you get from him..Everyone else is a variable..It's the lack of talent around him that tell you whether or not the team will be successful...

Regarding his knee, it was established by the doctors that he didn't risk any further damage when he continued to play regular games, well before the all star game..I thought that was a known fact..JR Smith had a similar injury and played in the playoffs..The issue was whether or not he would have enough time to rehab before the next season started..Clearly not an issue..

it's a team game and the highest-paid player should ask to be paid in proportion to his ability to make his teammates better. and under the present salary cap conditions, there have been some more-successful players who do in fact make their teammates better than anthony ever has and ever will... who have taken less money to have a better chance of assembling a team with better players and achieve greater success.

you are clearly the worst sort of basketball fan. you clearly have never been coached, or you have never been coached properly. you think basketball is five one-on-one games, and this is manifest by your being predisposed to liking one-on-one players. moreover, you have a greedy, money grubbing attitude that shows horrid values. lastly, you think scoring is the most important way of reflecting the value of a player.

money asisde, and at the end of the day, there are russellians and chamberlainists. you are clearly the latter.

Laughter especially apropros in this case, since Russell demanded to be paid more than Chamberlain at one point in his career.
And I'm a Russellite.

Continue to flout the man, and not his stat line or the bs, one-trick pony players he's had since he's been here.

provide the link to this assertion otherwise it's just one of your two sets of lips flapping

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
jrodmc
USA
8/5/2015  1:16 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Papabear wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Papabear Says

Last time we were there, the dead veteran carcasses of Kidd, Camby, Kurt Thomas, and KMart propelled Melo to his greatest heights as a Knicks, only for Me7o to get traded 2 seasons later once Phil finally got his rebuild plan in motion.

Yes, the tired, lame circle jerk of hate.

Melonome can't get to the second round.

Oh wait, Melonoma can only get to the second round with dead carcasses around him propelling him. Kidd, who took the last three months of the season off preparing for his coaching career, Camby (when did he play during that season again?) and KMart (when did he play during that season again?).

Chuck, if you're going into the hate business, full time, bring something more substantial. Like "KThomas turned the season around" "JR played out of his mind for the new contract". Your **** is just plain pathetic.

jrodmc
USA
8/5/2015  1:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/5/2015  1:26 PM
dk7th wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
holfresh wrote:
dk7th wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Papabear wrote:
Papabear Says

And I'm a Russellite.

provide the link to this assertion otherwise it's just one of your two sets of lips flapping

Try reading a book sometime, genius.
Holzman on Hoops, page 121.

And try not to move either set of your lips while you read.

ChuckBuck
USA
8/5/2015  1:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/5/2015  1:51 PM
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Papabear wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Papabear Says

Oh wait, Melonoma can only get to the second round with dead carcasses around him propelling him. Kidd, who took the last three months of the season off preparing for his coaching career, Camby (when did he play during that season again?) and KMart (when did he play during that season again?).

Chuck, if you're going into the hate business, full time, bring something more substantial. Like "KThomas turned the season around" "JR played out of his mind for the new contract". Your **** is just plain pathetic.

You know what's more pathetic....your face!

I keed, I jest. You still my homeboy jrodmc!

I mean...Melo topped out his Knick career at 2nd round exit. It's not hate, it's fact. Like my buddy holfresh would say, "A loss is still a loss."

Just detach yourself from him, you'll feel better. He's going to be moved soon, either by the trade deadline or after the season, possibly draft day.

Gear up for the season rooting hard for the Yoots, KP and Grant...they're pretty much our only hope.

jrodmc
USA
8/5/2015  2:21 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Papabear wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:

Papabear Says

You know what's more pathetic....your face!

I keed, I jest. You still my homeboy jrodmc!

I mean...Melo topped out his Knick career at 2nd round exit. It's not hate, it's fact. Like my buddy holfresh would say, "A loss is still a loss."

Just detach yourself from him, you'll feel better. He's going to be moved soon, either by the trade deadline or after the season, possibly draft day.

Gear up for the season rooting hard for the Yoots, KP and Grant...they're pretty much our only hope.

I would have to agree with your jest though. Wow, you called me homey! I'm so happy now!
We shall both wait while we try to see how someone with a no trade clause and a top end of a Knick second round exit gets "moved". With a max contract no less.

You will be back with the first 8 assist game our fearless franchise face has. I just know it.

ChuckBuck
USA
8/5/2015  3:32 PM
Sorry to disappoint you, jrodmc. I've retired from posting in the "Youtube Melo" thread. As it's creator, curator, and maintainer I wash myself of all rights and records off it, similar to what WWE did to Hulk Hogan.

Too depressing for me. So many memories, so much time and energy. For nothing.

Never forget.

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/5/2015  6:28 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

8/6/2015  2:22 PM
we should be very proud
so here is what phil is thinking ....
jrodmc
USA
8/6/2015  2:46 PM
ChuckBuck wrote:Sorry to disappoint you, jrodmc. I've retired from posting in the "Youtube Melo" thread. As it's creator, curator, and maintainer I wash myself of all rights and records off it, similar to what WWE did to Hulk Hogan.

Never forget.

Sorry Chuckles, but your posts are there, in living color, for all to see and remind you of. Endlessly, in fact. That's the bane of flip flopping.

Rowdy Roddy Piper can disappear. Andre the Giant disappeared. Hulk Hogan can disappear. YouTube Melo is forever.
As long as martin/Andrew keep the electrons flowing.

ChuckBuck
USA
8/6/2015  5:48 PM
jrodmc wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:Sorry to disappoint you, jrodmc. I've retired from posting in the "Youtube Melo" thread. As it's creator, curator, and maintainer I wash myself of all rights and records off it, similar to what WWE did to Hulk Hogan.

Never forget.

Sorry Chuckles, but your posts are there, in living color, for all to see and remind you of. Endlessly, in fact. That's the bane of flip flopping.

Rowdy Roddy Piper can disappear. Andre the Giant disappeared. Hulk Hogan can disappear. YouTube Melo is forever.
As long as martin/Andrew keep the electrons flowing.

ARGH!

Congrats to Melo top 25 player on Team USA history

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy