crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
7/31/2015  2:33 PM
He's signed with the Knicks:

Knicks, Sasha Vujacic Agree To Deal
July 31st at 1:11pm CST • By Chuck Myron
The Knicks and Sasha Vujacic have agreed to a one-year deal, league sources tell Shams Charania of RealGM (Twitter link). David Pick of Eurobasket.com reported Thursday that the sides had engaged in talks. The 31-year-old has appeared in only two NBA games since the 2011 lockout, but it appears his connection with Knicks team president Phil Jackson, Vujacic’s coach when they were with the Lakers, has drawn him back to the Association.

Previous Post
Central Notes: Monroe, Allen, Christmas
Next Post

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/31/2015  2:34 PM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:No need to over react to a twitter report by a guy just trying to get more follows and boost his hits on the Internet.

I repeat....every Internet report this off season has been false. All they do is get fans pissed off and calling Phil a ****ing idiot, then turns out it's not true or it never happened.

Grain of salt

The guy with the tweet is legitimate. I believe he works for eurobasket. He doesn't post sensational stuff or inaccurate stuff that I am aware of.

Frank Isola said greg Monroe was a lock. Then Monroe basically says he never considered the Knicks at all.

Reports said the Knicks were going to trade the pick and we were high on trey Lyles.

Not one rumor that the Knicks were trying to trade for another first rounder.

Reportedly, LaMarcus canceled the meeting worn the Knicks then LaMarcus came out and admitted the Knicks canceled the meeting.

Anybody who drafts Kristaps based on a mixtape should be fired. Then it turns out the kid is good and the virtual unknown was scouted for 2 years by the Knicks.

Melo hated the draft and is angry. Phil won't communicate with him. But Kristaps comes out that melo texted him on draft night and was involved in the interview when he had his workout.

Not one report that the Knicks were interested in O'Quinn, Derrick Williams, Afflalo or Robin....

i know I'm missing something but I'm just tired of all these nobody writers posting garbage just to get more his on the Internet.

after saying all that, if the Knicks signed Sasha so be it. That would make it 95% of all reports are inaccurate against the knicks

yea... and the theads about this and that based on what people "are reading in the news"

Good post

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/31/2015  2:37 PM
crzymdups wrote:He's signed with the Knicks:

Knicks, Sasha Vujacic Agree To Deal
July 31st at 1:11pm CST • By Chuck Myron
The Knicks and Sasha Vujacic have agreed to a one-year deal, league sources tell Shams Charania of RealGM (Twitter link). David Pick of Eurobasket.com reported Thursday that the sides had engaged in talks. The 31-year-old has appeared in only two NBA games since the 2011 lockout, but it appears his connection with Knicks team president Phil Jackson, Vujacic’s coach when they were with the Lakers, has drawn him back to the Association.

Previous Post
Central Notes: Monroe, Allen, Christmas
Next Post

Finestrg
Member: #1069

7/31/2015  2:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/31/2015  2:51 PM
To be fair, the Vujacic I remember was a pretty good player. Good shooter and a competitor...I mean that was several years ago. What's he have left? He actually wasn't retired--he played in Turkey and Spain last year. Looks like it's a done deal--I hope he can still play. Wouldn't have been my first choice for a reserve guard but let's see...
Knicks1969
Member: #5915

7/31/2015  2:49 PM
It is a very smart move by Phil to add someone who is familiar with the triangle. The dude is a smart player and used to play with a an attitude. Why not
Thank God Fisher is no longer our coach, now let's get Calderon out of here:)
smackeddog
Member: #883
I vaguely remember him from watching the Lakers in the playoffs- he had a good game, if I remember correctly, though I think that was an anomaly. I'm fine with this- another vet and he already knows the system. I know the temptation i to fill the roster with young players with upside, but honestly it is in our interests to surround Porzingis and Grant with veterans to speed up their development, rather than have too many young guys.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

is smush parker available too
smackeddog
7/31/2015  2:50 PM
Who was that old lakers C we invited to training camp last year?- maybe Vujacic is intended to be the same thing- just there to help teach the system in training camp.
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

7/31/2015  2:50 PM
Finestrg wrote:To be fair, the Vujacic I remember was a pretty good player. Good shooter and a competitor...I mean that was several years ago. What's he have left? He actually wasn't retired--he played in Turkey and Spain last year. Looks like it's a done deal--I hope he can still play.

A role player playing with Kobe is different from a role player on just any other team.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/31/2015  2:51 PM
5% of the time the media is right all the time
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Finestrg
Member: #1069

7/31/2015  2:52 PM
JrZyHuStLa wrote:
Finestrg wrote:To be fair, the Vujacic I remember was a pretty good player. Good shooter and a competitor...I mean that was several years ago. What's he have left? He actually wasn't retired--he played in Turkey and Spain last year. Looks like it's a done deal--I hope he can still play.

A role player playing with Kobe is different from a role player on just any other team.

Oh I agree with you wholeheartedly. No argument at all..

smackeddog
7/31/2015  2:52 PM
Ah, this is the game I remember:
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/31/2015  2:54 PM
What I remember from him is that he had great taste. I believe he was engaged to Maria Sharapova
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
7/31/2015  3:09 PM
NYKBocker wrote:What I remember from him is that he had great taste. I believe he was engaged to Maria Sharapova

That's one way to get Kobe to respect you.

Also, if he played in Spain, maybe he helps Porzingis transition, too.

I'm totally fine with this move.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/31/2015  3:19 PM
We haven't been able to see any of Sasha's games in Turkey but i'm sure the Knicks have some scout who have. Maybe he still has a little gas left. 31 isn't that ancient for a low minute shooter off the bench. Sasha is kind of a safety blanket. They still need to find a young guard for the future, but I guess they think Sasha can fill in for the short term.

VCoug
Member: #1406

7/31/2015  3:25 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:is smush parker available too

Maybe we can ask Luke Walton to come out of retirement.

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
blkexec
Member: #748
7/31/2015  3:31 PM
nixluva wrote:We haven't been able to see any of Sasha's games in Turkey but i'm sure the Knicks have some scout who have. Maybe he still has a little gas left. 31 isn't that ancient for a low minute shooter off the bench. Sasha is kind of a safety blanket. They still need to find a young guard for the future, but I guess they think Sasha can fill in for the short term.

31 is your prime......As long as you have been injury free, thats the age when your physical and mental basketball IQ comes together. I was invited to an NBA camp at 29......At 24 I didn't have the confidence or IQ. In my early 30's, I was unstoppable. I don't understand how people call someone thats 31 old. Plus in this system, you can be 45.....As long as you have a jumper and know how to pass.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
7/31/2015  3:35 PM
Good move by Phil. I have no complaints. You win with unselfish players that have offensive skills and defensive IQ. Thats been my model for success, and so far it hasn't let me down. I probably won 5 out of 7 championships when I coached and built up the team from scratch. How he infuse young talent is the longterm question. But his initial goal is to win a championship, while he has Melo in his prime.....
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
7/31/2015  3:38 PM
Grant / Calderon / Gallo
Sasha / Afalo / Gallo
Melo / Early / Than
KP / Dwill / Thomas
Rolo / Oquin / Amundson
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
7/31/2015  3:46 PM
blkexec wrote:
nixluva wrote:We haven't been able to see any of Sasha's games in Turkey but i'm sure the Knicks have some scout who have. Maybe he still has a little gas left. 31 isn't that ancient for a low minute shooter off the bench. Sasha is kind of a safety blanket. They still need to find a young guard for the future, but I guess they think Sasha can fill in for the short term.

31 is your prime......As long as you have been injury free, thats the age when your physical and mental basketball IQ comes together. I was invited to an NBA camp at 29......At 24 I didn't have the confidence or IQ. In my early 30's, I was unstoppable. I don't understand how people call someone thats 31 old. Plus in this system, you can be 45.....As long as you have a jumper and know how to pass.

Interesting point, I wonder when you start playing so young with all the wear and tear on the body, if your "prime" is indeed 27 ish. NBA guys seem to reach their peak around there, at least physically. They still get better with their understanding, so I'd say 27-31 in the NBA. If you have a late start, less wear on you, perhaps that can be pushed back.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Knicks Talk With Sasha Vujacic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy