KT a hot Topic?
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/13/2004  8:29 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/story/211685p-182328c.html

The trade rumors that have shadowed Thomas throughout his six seasons with the Knicks are hotter than ever. One scenario would have Thomas heading to Cleveland for center Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

A more complicated deal would have Thomas as part of a four-team trade that would center around Vince Carter moving from Toronto to Dallas.

The Knicks' side of the deal would include multiple players, with Thomas ending up in Dallas or Golden State and Shandon Anderson going to Toronto. The Knicks would be getting Antoine Walker from Dallas and Erick Dampier from Golden State.

We got some options, but I think the best deals are the ones we are working on
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
CTKnicksfan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #572
7/13/2004  8:32 AM
We got some options, but I think the best deals are the ones we are working on

I agree. At this point I'd rather have Crawford and Z than Walker and Dampier
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/13/2004  8:51 AM
I think isiah needs plan "B" to let Bulls know we can walk away from the table. I don't care if your buying a car, or negotiating a deal, it must work well for both parties, but unless your desporate, younned to walk.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/13/2004  8:53 AM
Check this out...

Goodwin did not return phone calls Monday. In the meantime, Thomas continues to talk to other teams about possible deals. Antoine Walker and Erick Dampier remain options.

The Knicks could be involved in a multi-team deal for the two of them that could include Vince Carter going to Dallas. Kurt Thomas and Mutombo would be part of the deal, but it hinges on the Crawford trade.

E-mail: iannazzone@northjersey.com

It is worded vaguely, but this seems to imply that if we get Crawford, we may be able to also get Walker and Dampier...

Dampier/Nazr/Baker
Sweetney/Baker
Walker/TT
Houston/Crawford
Marbury/Barrett

and we still have the MLE!
~You can't run from who you are.~
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
7/13/2004  9:14 AM
Posted by joec32033:

Check this out...

Goodwin did not return phone calls Monday. In the meantime, Thomas continues to talk to other teams about possible deals. Antoine Walker and Erick Dampier remain options.

The Knicks could be involved in a multi-team deal for the two of them that could include Vince Carter going to Dallas. Kurt Thomas and Mutombo would be part of the deal, but it hinges on the Crawford trade.

E-mail: iannazzone@northjersey.com

It is worded vaguely, but this seems to imply that if we get Crawford, we may be able to also get Walker and Dampier...

Dampier/Nazr/Baker
Sweetney/Baker
Walker/TT
Houston/Crawford
Marbury/Barrett

and we still have the MLE!
in the daily news it says that shandon is part of the deal, so it's one or the other - in which case id go for walker/dampier. walker and jamal are both scorers, but walker is a better shooter and rebounder, and overall offensive player. also, we need more help in our frontcourt than our backcourt, IMO. most importantly, we getdamiper, who can ball and will be prob the 2nd or 3rd best center in the east.
i think that a lineup of:
PG: Marbury/Williams
SG: Houston/Penny
SF: TT/Penny
PF: Walker/Sweetney
C: Dampier/Nazr

is a lot better than
PG: Marbury/Crawford
SG: Houston/Crawford
SF: TT/Penny/Anderson
PF: Sweetney/KT
C: Nazr/Deke
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/13/2004  9:33 AM
I am guessing that anything involving Walker/Dampier would also involve Nzar, KT, Deke and the Mid-level.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/13/2004  9:43 AM
im having a hard time believeing we are sending andersen to Toronto to take Vince Carter's place.

RIP Crushalot😞
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
7/13/2004  9:47 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

im having a hard time believeing we are sending andersen to Toronto to take Vince Carter's place.
good point, but i doubt it's a straight up anderson to toronto, vince carter to dallas situation. i dont know how much merit this deal has for the following reasons:
Dallas seems to do quite well, getting vince carter for walker (who they have been trying to get rid of for a long time). if they get KT too, who they have been after for years, then they really make out like bandits. who does GS get? with vince coming to dallas it seems maybe stack or finley is on the way out, maybe to toronto. but it doesnt seem like golden state would do dampier for KT, and if they would, lets just do that deal and forget about walker. i think most people would rather crawford and dampier anyway, unless we can get all 3. the deal just doesnt make sense for toronto and GS unless theres more big-time players that we havent heard about yet.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/13/2004  9:55 AM
jeez i really doubt they would take KT and andersen for Carter, makes no sense. And if this was the case, Id rather have Carter for OUR team than either Walker[who stinks] or Dampier.
RIP Crushalot😞
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
7/13/2004  10:29 AM
These 4-way deals are nuts. I had a hard time coming up with one where one team wasn't getting screwed. This is the best I could come up with:

New York trades:
C Dikembe Mutombo (5.6 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 23.0 minutes)
PG Moochie Norris (3.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 12.8 minutes)
PF Othella Harrington (4.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 15.6 minutes)
C Cezary Trybanski (0.1 ppg, 0.1 rpg, 0.0 apg in 2.1 minutes)
PG Frank Williams (3.9 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 2.2 apg in 12.8 minutes)
C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 31.9 minutes)
SF Shandon Anderson (7.9 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 24.6 minutes)

New York receives:
PG Alvin Williams (8.8 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.0 apg in 30.9 minutes)
PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 34.6 minutes)
C Erick Dampier (12.3 ppg, 12.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 32.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -1.6 ppg, -0.1 rpg, and +1.0 apg.

Toronto trades:
SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 38.1 minutes)
PG Alvin Williams (8.8 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 4.0 apg in 30.9 minutes)
SF Morris Peterson (8.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.4 apg in 26.1 minutes)

Toronto receives:
SF Shandon Anderson (7.9 ppg, 2.8 rpg, 1.5 apg in 80 games)
SG Michael Finley (18.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.9 apg in 72 games)
Change in team outlook: -13.1 ppg, -3.4 rpg, and -5.8 apg.

Dallas trades:
PF Antoine Walker (14.0 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 4.5 apg in 34.6 minutes)
SG Michael Finley (18.6 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 2.9 apg in 38.6 minutes)

Dallas receives:
C Dikembe Mutombo (5.6 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 65 games)
PG Moochie Norris (3.5 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 66 games)
PF Othella Harrington (4.6 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 56 games)
C Cezary Trybanski (0.1 ppg, 0.1 rpg, 0.0 apg in 7 games)
SF Vince Carter (22.5 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 73 games)
Change in team outlook: +3.7 ppg, +3.0 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

Golden State trades:

C Erick Dampier (12.3 ppg, 12.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 32.5 minutes)

Golden State receives:

PG Frank Williams (3.9 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 2.2 apg in 56 games)
C Kurt Thomas (11.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 1.9 apg in 80 games)
SF Morris Peterson (8.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 1.4 apg in 82 games)
Change in team outlook: +11.0 ppg, +0.5 rpg, and +4.7 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Due to New York, Toronto, Dallas and Golden State being over the cap, the 15% trade rule is invoked. New York, Toronto, Dallas and Golden State had to be no more than 115% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

You have been assigned Trade ID number 1741087

What a mess. Totonto dosen't get equal value, and Dallas has to take a lot of our junk to make it work. It could work with less if Toronto took Stack in place of Finley, but as it is, Finley and Anderson aren't equal value for Carter, so Stack and Anderson would be even worse for Toronto. I don't think GS can do better for Dampier at this point. Either way, Dallas has to part with Walker and one other big $ player. As stated already, they won't trade VC for Anderson and filler.

Deals like this just don't happen. We're more likely to get Crawford or Z.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/13/2004  4:41 PM
I think the writer just contrived this situation.

Knicks get Dampier AND Walker and give up relatively nothing? Shandon Anderson is swapped for Vince Carter? And the Mavs now have like 17 swingmen (Daniels, Howard, Finley, Stackhouse, Carter, Najera).

I think if any deal goes down, it's Dampier to Dallas, Ilgauskas to GS, and Walker to CLE. That makes sense, this simply doesn't.

I just want Crawford. No Antoine Walker, give Sweetney time, the Knicks don't need Walker.
#Knickstaps
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
7/13/2004  5:52 PM
if we get a PF forward who's name is not Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett to take away from Sweetney's developement and not get a quality center like Z I'm gonna be pissed
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/13/2004  6:10 PM
It seems like Isiah is trying to trade everyone that he didn't trade last year.

I hate rumors though.

This reminds me of when Pat Riley took over and overhauled the roster in his first off-season as the Knicks head guy.

I like Crawford alot.....It seems like Isiah just wants to have a team full of ball handlers and offensive guys. That is pretty awesome in my opinion. Z would be the best.....geez I want him!

I always felt defense is a state of mind. You have to convince a team to play good team defense. You gotta have a good scheme in place that guys commit to.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
7/13/2004  6:28 PM
yeah, the only viable option is that maybe j-rich is in the deal going to toronto. that is possible and even though he is not equal value he will bring fans. finley could go to dallas in this deal. the problem is that their are a lot of number crunching. i like the fact that we are in the middle. it seems no matter what we will come out with something. even if we come out with nothing it is not a big deal. we still have a younger team and enough pieces to possibly trade in the future. we are inside instead of a year ago when layzie was always on the outside looking in on deals. with the two deals it is almost asking whether we want to win now or later. with the crawford/ ilgauskus deal, this is a future deal which has us competing a little now and building the team aroung marbury/ crawford. this tandem, if they get along, would be our backcourt for the next 5-6 years and still rank as one of the best. we have to be patient with sweetney as he will definately start and get minutes. a learning year and we will not be a threat until the next year.

now with the walker/ dampier deal, we will have a team that will compete now. if healthy, we should be in the top 4 teams in the eastern conference. we would have enough firepower in the east even if houston is inconsistent with injuries. we will have a center that could be the top three in the east and will play his role very well ( rebounding and shotblocking). either deal i will be happy with. but i do feel like " keeping up with the jonses'" with all of these imminent deals floating around.
KT a hot Topic?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy