[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thoughts on DerMarr
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/12/2004  8:49 PM
I really admire the way he's battled back from his injury. That said, I don't think he's worth a roster spot on the team. Ariza is better in just about every aspect of the game and the Knicks will have plenty of swing men. I'd rather see remaining roster spots filled on a couple of PF/Cs.

DerMarr's playing with high and admirable intensity and effort. The ability just isn't there. He's playing like his job is on the line and he knows it, but he's also looking frustrated as if he feels that Ariza has already taken his job. (Frustration: a technical foul yesterday; a very hard foul on a dunk attempt that could have been called a flagrant; at times being out of control on offense--Once he plowed right into a player that was probably the most severe charge I've ever seen. It was like he wanted to fly into the lane powerfully but just didn't have the timing and coordination to do that kind of move.) I think the accident may have done more permanent damage than we realize. His reaction time, especially on defense, is poor too.
AUTOADVERT
Bobby
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #408
USA
7/12/2004  10:09 PM
i have'nt seen dj play that much to pass comment. if you feel he cant stay on our roster, what kind of trade do you suggest. do you feel dj still belongs in the game?
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/12/2004  10:31 PM
He's a FA; so, we won't be trading him. Yes, I think he belongs in the game still, but not at the NBA level--at least not playing a significant role on any team. He showed he could play well in the CBA and I think he has a decent future there or overseas.
RonRon
Member: #246
7/12/2004  11:02 PM
hes a 6 f 9 Shooting guard we a decent decent shot that isnt consistant. His body never developed and he wil be stuck on a SG till that happens. Hes quite athletic but not a smart defensive player. I think he deserves to be a 9th man or something like that on some team. But there isnt room for him on the Knicks anymore...
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
7/12/2004  11:33 PM
come on ppl, i cant believe this ****. a while back everyone said demarr should get more minutes and he marb and sweetney are gonna be the future of the franchise.

im not trying to knock ariza or anything, but its just 2!!! SUMMERLEAGUE games. u cant just come out and say ariza is better in every aspect than dj. If Shandon was playing he probably be getting 30 pts each game.

Demarr proved to us he can ball in the NBA, he had couple of nice double digit games, and big 3s and now u guys just gonna gave up on him? He is said he is committed to working on his d. I think Demarr deserves a place on our roster just as much as Ariza.

With that said, Ariza is Fcking Awesome!!
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
7/13/2004  12:27 AM
I like Demarr's game. I hope they bring him to camp.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/13/2004  1:25 AM
I agree with Rich and Mintyfreshness 100%. It's only 2 games. How do you know DerMarr isn't working his tail off in practice at least? He says he is, so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Lets see what he can do in a full Summer league AND training camp.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
raven
Member: #316
Canada
7/13/2004  3:17 AM
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

come on ppl, i cant believe this ****. a while back everyone said demarr should get more minutes and he marb and sweetney are gonna be the future of the franchise.

With that said, Ariza is Fcking Awesome!!

Both statements make sense.

You guys are sometimes like a candle in the wind (dermaar is great, our future and the next day he sucks cause he missed 2 SL games we don't care about).

without patience, we'll go nowhere. This is also a learning experience. How do you want the knicks to develop young players if you sytart to boo them at their very first mistake ?
Thoughts on DerMarr

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy