[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Jerian Grant Is Our Starting Lead Guard
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
7/19/2015  12:19 PM
Last season doesn't define who Jose is and was as a player. He clearly had some health issues to his legs which any guard will look lame if their legs aren't healthy. Even more so a guard like Jose who doesn't really make his living on being quick or athletic. I would agree with what TripleThreat says about how to use Jose.

TripleThreat wrote:To pace him, he needs to do what Jason Kidd did at the end, run only from three point line to three point line and find a nice balance with one of the wings in a drive and kick game and the Knicks have to commit to get him going to space the floor.

Just for reference even in Jose's worst season last year he shot 41.5% from 3pt range. It was his mid range game that fell off. He had bad wheels and it clearly impacted his game when it came to moving off the dribble and on D. If he's healthy and in better shape I see no reason he can't do what he did the year before in Dallas.

SEASON TEAM GP GS MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FT% REB AST STL TO PTS
'13-'14 DAL 81 81 30.5 4.2-9.2 .456 2.4-5.2 .449 .825 2.4 4.7 0.9 1.3 11.4

It's highly plausible that Jose can return to that level of performance. Last year could just be one of those season's that goes bad for a player due to a health issues. It doesn't mean that Jose can't help this team at all. He's never been fast or athletic and still managed to be a solid NBA player. He just needs to be healthy and have a role he can handle. Outside of helping the team win, I think Phil is hoping that Jose can show he's healthy and able to contribute so that he can at least become a possible trade option at some point.

Jerian is obviously the future for the team but Phil has to get as much out of Jose as he can get. Jose can provide a 3pt threat for this team and a steady influence on the floor.

AUTOADVERT
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/19/2015  1:58 PM
dk7th wrote:
calderon is one of the worst defenders at the position. we need enthusiastic defenders at every position, for as you know that is contagious and galvanizing. calderon defending the point of attack is going to be a demoralizing influence. can't have two inept or unenthusiastic defenders out there, meaning both melo and calderon. that is not a recipe for success.

i'd rather see a young squad with grant undergo growing pains since the knicks are not going anywhere this season.

I don't disagree that Calderon is truly horrific as a defender and his limitations and trade offs cause far too many problem compared to solutions. And that getting chewed up early in the game will set the Knicks back badly. Won't find me arguing with you on any of that.

I will say this though.

He's stuck on the roster. No one wants him in trade, not without an asset gut to get him moving. Phil Jackson has tried to dump him since he traded for him and no one wants him. And he's just a little too useful/productive as a shooter to cut and have him not be a functional 15th man on someone elses roster.

Jackson won't/can't cut him or trade him, the only thing left to do is see if he offers some limited utility.

As I said before, if he gets 8-10 minutes a game "against the very specific matchups", then I think the Knicks can try to hide him a little. Hide him completely? No, but just enough to shade getting run off the floor with him on it.

I'm not sold on the rest of the backcourt's shooting chops. Galloway has a long way to go with his shooting. Not sure how Grant will turn out in that regard ( the pure work ethic and pedigree is there though) and Affalo has regressed the last few years.

He's a net negative player who is likely to spend stretches of the year injured. I think nixluva is a bit deluded in how much burn the Knicks can really get out of him. However he's stuck on the roster and he will get some rotation minutes, all anyone can do now is try to find a way to get some kind of positive impact out of him.

Don't get me wrong man, no one has talked more about needing defense for the Knicks than I have in the past year. But there is no roster shift possible here to get even a mid level defensive team. This isn't a playoff team. Helping Grant is shading his minutes some so he's not broken after he hits his rookie wall. It's putting him at risk for injury.

RonRon
Member: #246
7/19/2015  2:38 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
dk7th wrote:
calderon is one of the worst defenders at the position. we need enthusiastic defenders at every position, for as you know that is contagious and galvanizing. calderon defending the point of attack is going to be a demoralizing influence. can't have two inept or unenthusiastic defenders out there, meaning both melo and calderon. that is not a recipe for success.

i'd rather see a young squad with grant undergo growing pains since the knicks are not going anywhere this season.

I don't disagree that Calderon is truly horrific as a defender and his limitations and trade offs cause far too many problem compared to solutions. And that getting chewed up early in the game will set the Knicks back badly. Won't find me arguing with you on any of that.

I will say this though.

He's stuck on the roster. No one wants him in trade, not without an asset gut to get him moving. Phil Jackson has tried to dump him since he traded for him and no one wants him. And he's just a little too useful/productive as a shooter to cut and have him not be a functional 15th man on someone elses roster.

Jackson won't/can't cut him or trade him, the only thing left to do is see if he offers some limited utility.

As I said before, if he gets 8-10 minutes a game "against the very specific matchups", then I think the Knicks can try to hide him a little. Hide him completely? No, but just enough to shade getting run off the floor with him on it.

I'm not sold on the rest of the backcourt's shooting chops. Galloway has a long way to go with his shooting. Not sure how Grant will turn out in that regard ( the pure work ethic and pedigree is there though) and Affalo has regressed the last few years.

He's a net negative player who is likely to spend stretches of the year injured. I think nixluva is a bit deluded in how much burn the Knicks can really get out of him. However he's stuck on the roster and he will get some rotation minutes, all anyone can do now is try to find a way to get some kind of positive impact out of him.

Don't get me wrong man, no one has talked more about needing defense for the Knicks than I have in the past year. But there is no roster shift possible here to get even a mid level defensive team. This isn't a playoff team. Helping Grant is shading his minutes some so he's not broken after he hits his rookie wall. It's putting him at risk for injury.

I agree with TripleThreat, Calderon is old but he is NOT USELESS
Our roster sucked last season and Calderon has positives in him, while he will never be a good defender, his DEF by far is better than Steven Nash and Jason Kidd/Pablo *as Knicks*
Pairing Calderon with a PG/SG that could penetrate/facilitate/hit a wide open 3pter, and defend would be the key and if he is next to a SF or SF/PF that could also facilitate, he would be even better

Throughout his career he hits the 3pt, FT%, Assist/TO's ratio, and has HIGH IQ/push the tempo as the 2nd/3rd ball handler
He knows his limitations, a perfect compliment to Calderon would be Westbrook who I think the Knicks should target when he is a UFA

TPercy
Member: #5748

7/19/2015  2:42 PM
RonRon wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:
dk7th wrote:

I will say this though.

I agree with TripleThreat, Calderon is old but he is NOT USELESS
Our roster sucked last season and Calderon has positives in him, while he will never be a good defender, his DEF by far is better than Steven Nash and Jason Kidd/Pablo *as Knicks*
Pairing Calderon with a PG/SG that could penetrate/facilitate/hit a wide open 3pter, and defend would be the key and if he is next to a SF or SF/PF that could also facilitate, he would be even better

Throughout his career he hits the 3pt, FT%, Assist/TO's ratio, and has HIGH IQ/push the tempo as the 2nd/3rd ball handler
He knows his limitations, a perfect compliment to Calderon would be Westbrook who I think the Knicks should target when he is a UFA

Westbrook and melo? What a nightmare
The Future is Bright!
RonRon
Member: #246
7/19/2015  2:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2015  3:01 PM
that would be 2years later, who knows if CA will still be on The Knicks....

Westbrook seems to like attention and the spot light, making NYC a realistic possibility
Long term deals will not mean much to Westbrook, as he will OPT out after 3years, with player option on 4th, after we get his bird rights for another deal for another contract
For the same reason CA wanted to come here, Westbrook will want it as well, if we can have talent to contend with him and be possible favorites in 2years...
Dolan is willing to overpay the premium for 30+ year olds talents that could decline, as we have done with Ewing, Houston, and now CA....

Whether Durant resigns or not, it will give Westbrook a reason to leave, unless OKC wins a ring in the next 2 seasons before he becomes a UFA..
In the end, OKC letting Harden walk to save a couple bucks, I think left a bad taste, in their mouths after going to the FINALS and losing with that roster STACKED with future HOF talent that would have been locked in to their rookie deals to build a dynasty around

So the allure in NYC with endorsements, especially if KP develops and we collect enough talent by then....
Along with using the time to develop our coaching/change our culture, accumulate talent through drafts/trades, continued development talents, and

sell Westbrook on being our Kobe/Jordan
With KP being the Pau Gasol/Dirk

That seems to be the plan anyway with the way Phil Jackson has constructed the team, he is rebuilding the franchise from the BOTTOM UP
With management, development, roster, and the entire organization

Whether Westbrook will defend the PG or SG, Thanasis could also develop to be a high motored, lock down defender to defend multiple positions, in 2years to compliment Westbrook
The style of play and energy of Westbrook would set MSG off EVERY NIGHT, feeding each other energy with our entire roster.....

misterearl
Member: #799
USA
7/19/2015  4:46 PM
Just do what you do best. -Red Auerbach

Grant - play defense and facilitate

Afflalo - play defense and hit from three point range at 38 per cent

NDour - make fans cheer like they cheered Oakley. Dive on the floor. Get every loose ball.

Porzingis - hit your first jumper at home. Keep moving without the ball.

Melo - hit the open man every once in a while. Shoot it.

Lopez - rebound like Tyson Chandler. Do not shoot like Tyson Chandler.

once a knick always a knick
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
7/19/2015  7:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/19/2015  7:41 PM
misterearl wrote:Just do what you do best. -Red Auerbach

Grant - play defense and facilitate

Afflalo - play defense and hit from three point range at 38 per cent

NDour - make fans cheer like they cheered Oakley. Dive on the floor. Get every loose ball.

Porzingis - hit your first jumper at home. Keep moving without the ball.

Melo - hit the open man every once in a while. Shoot it.

Lopez - rebound like Tyson Chandler. Do not shoot like Tyson Chandler.

"do what you do, and do it good." -- bill withers

#Knickstaps
TripleThreat

7/19/2015  7:48 PM
nixluva wrote:It's highly plausible that Jose can return to that level of performance....

No, it's not.

Player decline with age. No one beats Father Time.

One of the interesting aspects of the Phoenix Sun's vaunted medical staff and the push for sports science by Pete Carroll and the Seahawks and Chip Kelly and the Eagles is the discussion of lost games via injury and the metrics associated with reactivating injury across a career.

If you've been hurt before, you raise your odds of missing games in the future by being hurt again. This risk factors in exponentially as you age and reach towards the end of your playing career. Calderon is likely to get hurt more, do less and do it slower over time. This shouldn't be some huge shock to anyone.

Unless the Knicks can get some more help, he's the 4th guard on the team. Pushing Grant too hard and too fast will increase his risk of injury. You can't develop your game when you are hurt. You can't help your team when you are hurt. The Knicks can't make that critical evaluation of whether he's a long term asset or not if he's not playing because he's hurt.

Break him as a rookie, be prepared to increase his risk factor for injury the rest of his career.

The Knicks aren't going anywhere this year. That much should be apparent. No need to break this kid open in a season where the Knicks have nothing at stake. ( So they traded their pick, it's a sunk cost, it sucks but you don't break your rookie today so you can say you gave a lesser pick to a team you traded with years ago. You don't compound a bad decision with more bad decisions. If the Knicks traded away what will be a lottery pick in the next draft, then so be it. It doesn't make it smart, but its not worth crushing Zinger and Grant as rookies to prove otherwise. )

It would be nice if Calderon could give minutes without so much drawback. That being said, his job right now is to eat up enough minutes so that Affalo, Galloway and Grant don't fall apart from too much usage.

No one will like seeing the Mets limit the innings of Thor and Matz. They didn't like seeing it with Wheeler and they won't like it one day with Ynoa, but it happens for a reason.

If the Calderon problem presents anything, it's not that Grant should start the season, but that the Knicks need more wing depth.

nixluva
USA
7/20/2015  12:25 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:It's highly plausible that Jose can return to that level of performance....

No, it's not.

Player decline with age. No one beats Father Time.

One of the interesting aspects of the Phoenix Sun's vaunted medical staff and the push for sports science by Pete Carroll and the Seahawks and Chip Kelly and the Eagles is the discussion of lost games via injury and the metrics associated with reactivating injury across a career.

If you've been hurt before, you raise your odds of missing games in the future by being hurt again. This risk factors in exponentially as you age and reach towards the end of your playing career. Calderon is likely to get hurt more, do less and do it slower over time. This shouldn't be some huge shock to anyone.

Unless the Knicks can get some more help, he's the 4th guard on the team. Pushing Grant too hard and too fast will increase his risk of injury. You can't develop your game when you are hurt. You can't help your team when you are hurt. The Knicks can't make that critical evaluation of whether he's a long term asset or not if he's not playing because he's hurt.

Break him as a rookie, be prepared to increase his risk factor for injury the rest of his career.

The Knicks aren't going anywhere this year. That much should be apparent. No need to break this kid open in a season where the Knicks have nothing at stake. ( So they traded their pick, it's a sunk cost, it sucks but you don't break your rookie today so you can say you gave a lesser pick to a team you traded with years ago. You don't compound a bad decision with more bad decisions. If the Knicks traded away what will be a lottery pick in the next draft, then so be it. It doesn't make it smart, but its not worth crushing Zinger and Grant as rookies to prove otherwise. )

It would be nice if Calderon could give minutes without so much drawback. That being said, his job right now is to eat up enough minutes so that Affalo, Galloway and Grant don't fall apart from too much usage.

No one will like seeing the Mets limit the innings of Thor and Matz. They didn't like seeing it with Wheeler and they won't like it one day with Ynoa, but it happens for a reason.

If the Calderon problem presents anything, it's not that Grant should start the season, but that the Knicks need more wing depth.

I'm talking about levels of efficiency and not the amount of minutes per game or having to start for the entire season. I believe Jose can cut back on his load and just look to be more efficient as he once was. Now that we have Jerian there's less pressure on Jose to have to carry the kind of load he once did. So that's not what I was suggesting nor what I would think Phil and Fish have in mind either. With fewer minutes that could be just the right role for Jose at this stage of his career.

I think perhaps there's an assumption that Jose was far off his previous production when in fact he wasn't that far off. Especially considering that he wasn't healthy or in prime shape for much of the season. The main issue is going to be what was wrong with him and if it's chronic or not. If it wasn't something that is a persistent issue then I think he does have a good chance to improve his efficiency and get it back up closer to how he performed when healthy.

SEASON TEAM GP GS MIN FGM-A FG% 3PM-A 3P% FT% REB AST STL TO PTS
'13-'14 DAL 81 81 30.5 4.2-9.2 .456 2.4-5.2 .449 .825 2.4 4.7 0.9 1.3 11.4
'14-'15 NY 42 42 30.2 3.5-8.4 .415 1.4-3.4 .415 .906 3.0 4.7 0.7 1.8 9.1
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/20/2015  8:44 AM
I think the general consensus is that Jerian is the best bet for lead guard going into the future.

That said, Calderon is still due $15 million guaranteed, and we haven't stretched him yet, so let the kid watch and learn in the beginning.

If or when Calderon struggles or gets injured, put the kid in, maybe around the all star break. For now, let him lead the 2nd unit to gain confidence.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/20/2015  11:34 AM
ChuckBuck wrote:I think the general consensus is that Jerian is the best bet for lead guard going into the future.

That said, Calderon is still due $15 million guaranteed, and we haven't stretched him yet, so let the kid watch and learn in the beginning.

If or when Calderon struggles or gets injured, put the kid in, maybe around the all star break. For now, let him lead the 2nd unit to gain confidence.

Extremely excited about Grant. He will struggle at times, but has the chance to be really good. I have mentioned this before, but he reminds me so much of Jrue Holiday. Not real high upside, but very good all-around ability to be a 2 way starter for us, and very productive.

nixluva
USA
7/20/2015  1:38 PM
Knixkik wrote:
ChuckBuck wrote:I think the general consensus is that Jerian is the best bet for lead guard going into the future.

Extremely excited about Grant. He will struggle at times, but has the chance to be really good. I have mentioned this before, but he reminds me so much of Jrue Holiday. Not real high upside, but very good all-around ability to be a 2 way starter for us, and very productive.

What I like about Jerian is that he knows how to be a scoring threat but at the same time an excellent distributor and floor general. He's got big shot ability and BALLZ that we need from a lead guard. He's not scared to do what is needed, when it's needed. He's got just enough physical talent to be a real problem offensively and that paired with great court vision is a real big deal for us. I think Phil chose the perfect guy to play guard for this team.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
7/20/2015  3:33 PM
I'm excited that Grant's production was pretty much on-par with Mudiay and Russell. Maybe it's a sign of his more mature game that he averaged by far the fewest TOs of the 3, all while throwing some pretty sweet passes.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/20/2015  8:07 PM
We really may have gotten the best PG in the draft. The funny thing about upside is that not everyone develops. While I do think Russell and Mudiay will develop. Those guys are a year away from getting to the level that Grant is at right now. There is no guarantee those guys will be better than Grant. Initially, I wanted the Knicks to wait to develop Grant, but in retrospect, I think he will be ready to start by the end of December. Calderon is inevitably going to get hurt, so I would start Calderon until he gets injured and then slide Grant in as the starting PG and never look back.
Trust the Process
nixluva
USA
7/20/2015  10:02 PM
TheGame wrote:We really may have gotten the best PG in the draft. The funny thing about upside is that not everyone develops. While I do think Russell and Mudiay will develop. Those guys are a year away from getting to the level that Grant is at right now. There is no guarantee those guys will be better than Grant. Initially, I wanted the Knicks to wait to develop Grant, but in retrospect, I think he will be ready to start by the end of December. Calderon is inevitably going to get hurt, so I would start Calderon until he gets injured and then slide Grant in as the starting PG and never look back.

The presence of Jerian should help Jose to stay healthy. He won't have to push nearly as hard as he would if he was the only PG option. We can ride Jerian's youth and keep Jose's minutes down. I would start Jerian for his defense. I don't think he'll be a detriment to winning at all. I think Jerian can handle starting in this system. The demands aren't quite what they are for most systems that may require a ball dominant PG. I think he could handle being thrown in the deep end of the pool.
blkexec
Member: #748
7/20/2015  11:26 PM
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
ChuckBuck
Alba Posts: 11
Member: #3806
USA
7/21/2015  8:27 AM
blkexec wrote:

Can only imagine how the Garden will sound if Jerian throws one down in a meaningful game!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/21/2015  10:21 AM
saw this kid play live twice this season. Two great games. Very quiet and effient game. The dunk, thats a different story but this kid just went about his buisness without hoisting up a ton of shots. He was not preening or acting like a kid. Cool dude.
TripleThreat

7/21/2015  1:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/21/2015  1:18 PM
nixluva wrote:The presence of Jerian should help Jose to stay healthy. He won't have to push nearly as hard as he would if he was the only PG option. We can ride Jerian's youth and keep Jose's minutes down. I would start Jerian for his defense. I don't think he'll be a detriment to winning at all. I think Jerian can handle starting in this system. The demands aren't quite what they are for most systems that may require a ball dominant PG. I think he could handle being thrown in the deep end of the pool.

This is exactly the kind of thinking that has lead to the Knicks to

1) Fail to develop young players consistently in their current era

and

2) Get them into the current hell they are in now

Jesus H. Christ. No one is asking to wrap Jerian Grant in bubble tape and redshirt the kid. Give him 30-40 games at limited minutes to acclimate to the league and pace himself and get some experience, without such huge expectations on his back, esp the NY media, then let him take a rest at the All Star break, then if he's earned it, let him run with the starting job.

Half a season on a four year rookie deal but team leverage over the first seven years of his career, it's not forever.

If Grant WAS A 2ND ROUNDER OR UDFA, then I think an argument could be made, since the team would have less leverage and controllable years, to see what you have quickly for evaluation. But this kid has first round team control, and the team has NO DRAFT PICKS NEXT YEAR.

This is not a playoff team and there is no more draft help coming next year. Is that a recipe for success to throw Grant into the fire right now or actually pace out that first 30-40 games so the Knicks can reap possibly 6 and a half more seasons of long term potential success?

Maybe Grant is one of those rare players who is ready to start as a rookie. If that's the case, it's not going to hinder his development or confidence to pace out the first 30-40 games. That's pretty typical of a rookie.

BUT IF HE IS NOT SAID RARE PLAYER, you risk over taxing him, risk him to a bigger chance of injury, risk him to the rabid instant expectations of the NY media and risk screwing with the kid's confidence , yanking him in and out of the lineup haphazardly.

Well nixluva, whatever differences you and I have about the Knicks, at least you appear to want to see them win. At least you aren't a traitor... *cough* holfresh *cough*. But good God man, your ideas, consistently time after time, they are ones that would have the real traitors out there simply love how you think.

Practical thinking - "Ok David Wright, we are going to play you as DH in interleague games, we don't want you to dive for balls, slide headfirst into the bag as a baserunner, we don't want you trying to steal bases, we are going to try to put you in the field somewhere where your risk of injury is as reduced as possible, maybe it's time to move you off of third base. Look buddy, you get hurt a ton, I mean you must secretly related to Danny Amendola and Nene, let's just try to shade that risk as best we can because this team could use your bat and see you get consistent at bats"

Nixluva thinking - "David Wright, dude totally, try to steal as many bases as you want. I mean that won't land you on the DL again, so you can tweak your back or hamstrings or whatever next and end up with spinal stenosis and just rot with no return. I mean why give you the Paul Molitor/Edgar Martinez/Harold Baines treatment, when teams focused on keeping good hitters shaded from breaking themselves. Dude, slide headfirst too, like Rickey did. And wear bowling shoes when you wash your car. And when you drive down the freeway, hang your arm out the window as far as you can. Lovely."

nixluva
USA
7/21/2015  1:44 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
nixluva wrote:The presence of Jerian should help Jose to stay healthy. He won't have to push nearly as hard as he would if he was the only PG option. We can ride Jerian's youth and keep Jose's minutes down. I would start Jerian for his defense. I don't think he'll be a detriment to winning at all. I think Jerian can handle starting in this system. The demands aren't quite what they are for most systems that may require a ball dominant PG. I think he could handle being thrown in the deep end of the pool.

This is exactly the kind of thinking that has lead to the Knicks to

1) Fail to develop young players consistently in their current era

and

2) Get them into the current hell they are in now

Jesus H. Christ. No one is asking to wrap Jerian Grant in bubble tape and redshirt the kid. Give him 30-40 games at limited minutes to acclimate to the league and pace himself and get some experience, without such huge expectations on his back, esp the NY media, then let him take a rest at the All Star break, then if he's earned it, let him run with the starting job.

Half a season on a four year rookie deal but team leverage over the first seven years of his career, it's not forever.

If Grant WAS A 2ND ROUNDER OR UDFA, then I think an argument could be made, since the team would have less leverage and controllable years, to see what you have quickly for evaluation. But this kid has first round team control, and the team has NO DRAFT PICKS NEXT YEAR.

This is not a playoff team and there is no more draft help coming next year. Is that a recipe for success to throw Grant into the fire right now or actually pace out that first 30-40 games so the Knicks can reap possibly 6 and a half more seasons of long term potential success?

Maybe Grant is one of those rare players who is ready to start as a rookie. If that's the case, it's not going to hinder his development or confidence to pace out the first 30-40 games. That's pretty typical of a rookie.

BUT IF HE IS NOT SAID RARE PLAYER, you risk over taxing him, risk him to a bigger chance of injury, risk him to the rabid instant expectations of the NY media and risk screwing with the kid's confidence , yanking him in and out of the lineup haphazardly.

Well nixluva, whatever differences you and I have about the Knicks, at least you appear to want to see them win. At least you aren't a traitor... *cough* holfresh *cough*. But good God man, your ideas, consistently time after time, they are ones that would have the real traitors out there simply love how you think.

Practical thinking - "Ok David Wright, we are going to play you as DH in interleague games, we don't want you to dive for balls, slide headfirst into the bag as a baserunner, we don't want you trying to steal bases, we are going to try to put you in the field somewhere where your risk of injury is as reduced as possible, maybe it's time to move you off of third base. Look buddy, you get hurt a ton, I mean you must secretly related to Danny Amendola and Nene, let's just try to shade that risk as best we can because this team could use your bat and see you get consistent at bats"

Nixluva thinking - "David Wright, dude totally, try to steal as many bases as you want. I mean that won't land you on the DL again, so you can tweak your back or hamstrings or whatever next and end up with spinal stenosis and just rot with no return. I mean why give you the Paul Molitor/Edgar Martinez/Harold Baines treatment, when teams focused on keeping good hitters shaded from breaking themselves. Dude, slide headfirst too, like Rickey did. And wear bowling shoes when you wash your car. And when you drive down the freeway, hang your arm out the window as far as you can. Lovely."

GEEZ! Overreact much? I think that the only way Jerian starts is if he shows that he's capable of handling that. Which would mean that he would have to look really good in Training Camp and Pre Season. Jerian isn't a 19 yr old. He's gonna be 23 when the season starts. He's mentally much more mature than your typical NBA rookie. I'm not saying that Jerian WILL start. Only that I think he can handle it.

I have no idea why that should be such a controversial point of view. You seem to revel in the idea of trying to make me seem unreasonable. This is IMO a clear case of you making much out of nothing. The only real difference between my point of view and yours is that i'm more confident that Jerian could handle starting early on and you are saying to give him some games off the bench, which I admit is the more likely approach UNLESS he really demonstrates that he should start which IMO is a very likely scenario.

Jerian Grant Is Our Starting Lead Guard

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy